• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GHOSTBUSTERS (Original and New Cast Unite in Jimmy Kimmel Live)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Women suck, therefore this will suck.

I miss the old days, when you could stone women for adultery and shit.;)

Who the fuck wants to move to Saudi Arabia.

SJW contrarian here, and even I think that is fucking stupid.

No, it's not because of the women. It's because it's pointless, and an obvious cash-in on name value. The exact same movie with Dax Shepard and Jamie Foxx as the stars, would be met with the same vitriol.

Maybe folks just don't want this movie remade. Crazy idea, I know.
Anti-SJW contrarian that uses logic to form rational conclusions here.
Honestly I thought the trailer looked pretty good. Not sure why everyone's tripping out.

It looks decidedly mediocre to me. I also have not been a fan of Wiig or Mcarthey in movies, so that does not help.

I expect it will be around the same quality of Ghostbusters 2, at least for laughs.

Laughter is an involuntary reaction. It's also not hard to see this movie is going for cheap laughs rather than anything original or smart.

vs

I hope you can see the obvious difference in tone and style here.

Expected a lot worse given the absolute hate (first time I've watched the trailer), but it looks like it will do nothing for me. DOn't know what it brings to the table. Original is a classic. Rebooting the classics should not be done unless you have something fresh and interesting and high quality to contribute.

This sure as shit doesn't seem like it will.

I've been saying this movie is going to be shit since they announced the cast.

Not that it's a cast of women, but it's a cast of THOSE women.

*Drops Mic*

It looks decidedly mediocre to me. I also have not been a fan of Wiig or Mcarthey in movies, so that does not help.

I expect it will be around the same quality of Ghostbusters 2, at least for laughs.

Am I the only one that considers the sequel to be great?

Everyone, including the cast, shits on it. But I've always thought it was a great sequel. Wish there was a third to complete the trilogy, though, what 3rd movies in a series are actually good?

So yeah, maybe a third movie wasn't the best idea.

Or maybe this reboot is third movie, all of the original characters had daughters... with down syndrome.

It's unnecessary like every other recent Hollywood remake.

what sucks is that modern day folks won't let a show like this get away without having at least some semblance of a scientific background, or at least attributed to aliens. proof is in the pudding with transformers and tmnt. the trailer tries to explain too much and doesn't bode well for the movie

The new TMNT was a flop. To follow it up TMNT II looks like a bomb judging from the trailers, too. When will studios figure out it takes more creativity than only digital green screens and CGI effects?

I probably fall somewhere in the middle of the 'I think the movie is going to suck' crowd. When I first heard about a new Ghostbusters movie I was a bit hesitant as I never was a big GBs kid in the 80's. However, if the filmmakers had to stubbornly run with the millennial concept I was in favor of the original-old farts returning from GBs 1-2 opposed to the new all female GBs. To be honest the trailer does appear like GBs meets Scooby Doo as previously alluded to by another poster.

If those are the highlights I would hate to see how they react to the occasional corn cornel in my turds

any movie with melissa mcarthy will be awesome IMO

Women can't be ghostbusters, women can't even get spiders out the bath.

They're using gender as a gimmick.

And while I'm indifferent about that, it angers some who feel that if you criticize the movie, it is because of the (almost) all-woman cast.

Based on the trailer, I don't think the movie will be funny, but that is not saying much. I don't find one-liners particularly funny, and that is what trailers, in general, have to resort to if they want to sell humor.

Looks pretty good, actually, but I really don't like McCarthy. I warmed up to her a bit in Spy but I'm not there yet. Maybe this is the one that brings her across the line.

I love Wiig, and Jones and McKinnon look hilarious.

Shite, pure unadulterated shite.

I don't know why they do this stuff. I would absolutely watch a movie with female leads, but why not be original? Why change what was good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back