• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GGG vs. Canelo, Who Won?

Who won the fight?

• Gennady Golovkin

• Canelo Alvarez

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
One question: If Byrd was bought by De La Hoya or whoever, would she not try to make it a little less obvious and just score it 115-113 for Alvarez? Is she just this bad at judging or am I missing something?

I should have put a huge bet on it being a draw because this corrupt shit was seen coming a mile away.

Boxing is a joke.

Mosley and Badou Jack also believe GGG won.
It seems that the big majority of boxing world thinks Golovkin was robbed.

so in your mind de la hoyas plan was to bribe ONE JUDGE to score it for his guy? Not all three? you know one judge can't determine a result alone right? what if that judge decides to turn him in? you think de la hoya would risk his whole career and perhaps freedom on ONE JUDGE maybe being the deciding factor. This is the real world not a Hollywood movie about boxing. Think about this logically.
Old article, same topic. Its this type of shady business that kills boxing

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/ring-bribes-judge-article-1.394790

Lol at the guy who thinks Jacobs got robbed vs GGG. But GGG totally got robbed yesterday, I can't believe a judge had Canelo winning 10 rounds...

I had it 114-114 Draw but can see it being judged for GGG.

The lopsidedness of this poll is baffling. It was such a close fight. Canelo landed cleaner and harder but with lower output than GGG who didn't really land that many hard shots. Calling it a robbery is just moronic.

A close win for Canelo maybe if you value his power more than GGGs output and agression (I dont see it but ok possible) but 118:110 never ever! Sadly this fuck up of a judge drifts the fight itself out of focus and both fighters really did exceptional.

Canelo fought intelligent from his backfoot countering clean all night with power and GGG walked through everything to connect with combos himself. Both fighters showed true world class skills.

I do prefer Canelos style over GGGs but like I said both showed why they are spoken of as the actual epitome of boxing skill.

Old article, same topic. Its this type of shady business that kills boxing

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/ring-bribes-judge-article-1.394790
There's a gaping hole in that article. They mention van hoys pay which comes from the promoter as if that was a bribe but they say nothing of the other 2 judges pay. Were they paid less? The article makes an issue of that one judges score but not the others. It would make for a stronger case if you could show some difference in the pay but my guess is there was none so they left it out as it would diminish the case. Is it a good thing that the judges pay comes from the promoter pickets? No. But to claim that as bribery is over the top. That writer needed to put more work into his article.

You can make a better argument for GGG winning than Canelo, but a draw is not out of line. That one score card was BS though.

Reason I stop watching boxing because of bought judges and stupid judges can't score. Y'all bitching about it and media also. They should started bitching long time ago, to fix fixed judging. Hell judges in Floyd vs conor had fixed cards. CORRUPTION at its finest!!!!

You can make a better argument for GGG winning than Canelo, but a draw is not out of line. That one score card was BS though.

Exactly. I had GGG winning 116-112, but I wouldn't call you insane for having it 114-114. An honest person could come up with that. It's just a bad call, happens to the best of us.

118-110 for Canelo is outright criminal.

I had it 115-113 GGG. No way was it a draw or Canelo winning the fight. Bullshit decision.

I had it 6-6 (rounds 1,2,3,10,11,12 - Canelo)

Mosley and Badou Jack also believe GGG won.
It seems that the big majority of boxing world thinks Golovkin was robbed.

So does Khan. Also in my IG post of Lennox, in the text, he said he had it 8-4 GGG, maybe 7-5.

Almost all pro boxers I have seen comment had it 8-4 for GGG.

So does Khan. Also in my IG post of Lennox, in the text, he said he had it 8-4 GGG, maybe 7-5.

Almost all pro boxers I have seen comment had it 8-4 for GGG.

I agree with the pro boxers, I had it 8-4 Golovkin. He won 1,4,5,6,7,8,9, 10. The fight itself was fantastic and was a true battle between the two best at their weight class. Both went toe to toe taking the best of what the other had to offer. It was a man's fight and the ridiculous judging has completely eclipsed that.

I always find it amusing when Sherdog posters think they have superior knowledge to judge fights than the experts and athletes who boxed professionally and had long and storied careers but everyone on the internet knows better.

it's pretty much the same judges. what are you on about?
Don't Be a noob. You know how much of role promoters in boxing play compared to mma with regards to judges selection, appointment, etc

I agree with the pro boxers, I had it 8-4 Golovkin. He won 1,4,5,6,7,8,9, 10. The fight itself was fantastic and was a true battle between the two best at their weight class. Both went toe to toe taking the best of what the other had to offer. It was a man's fight and the ridiculous judging has completely eclipsed that.

I had it the same, and also thought the fight was great.

I had 1 as questionable, as with 11. Giving Canelo both, still 7-5 GGG

Back