Getting women to eat right is like wrestling a snake.

Dewey Buntler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am having problems with the ball and chain
any help is appreciated.

I know what type of eXercuse programs
women use.
from my perspective the shit is fuckin damned crystal clear.

But go tell a women you need to do this
and they just get fatter.
Help?

lol, That'll makwe a good spray for counterstrike!

Man, I see some girls I know eat terribly and still stay in good shape and look pretty good.

As an aside, nice av. Huge Love Hina fan here.

Get her a female trainer. She dismisses you probably because she knows you too well, when a girl knows you that well she sees all your flaws and if you have flaws you don't do anything about then to her you're a hypocrite and are in no position to tell her anything as far as she's concerned. Another female would be the better answer but ultimately the only thing you can do is quietly set the example and do right by yourself, sooner or later you'll be kind of leaving her behind, at that point she has to decide to either keep up or move on. That may sound harsh, but it's the only real way you can put her to a decision because talk means diddly-shit.

King Kabuki said:
Get her a female trainer. She dismisses you probably because she knows you too well, when a girl knows you that well she sees all your flaws and if you have flaws you don't do anything about then to her you're a hypocrite and are in no position to tell her anything as far as she's concerned. Another female would be the better answer but ultimately the only thing you can do is quietly set the example and do right by yourself, sooner or later you'll be kind of leaving her behind, at that point she has to decide to either keep up or move on. That may sound harsh, but it's the only real way you can put her to a decision because talk means diddly-shit.

Very good advice. Much better than what I posted. I've noticed that when I spend a lot of time in the gym and eat healthy, my friends and family will sometimes follow suit. I think that if you transform your life into a healthy lifestyle there is a good chance that your wife will be influenced by your behavior.

LOL, I celebrated my B-day last night and went out and partied for about the first time in forever...I must of posted that when I got home. Note to self: stay off Sherdog when drunk...

Heh heh...

...tell her to "wrestle your snake" for a clean, organic protein shake!

throw out all the bullshit in your fridge and replace it with the good stufff.. do all the grocery shopping or if she goes... go with her....

Funny, it's my GF who has gotten me to eat healthier :)

My girl has a few extra pounds and I have all the equipment in my conservatory that she'd need to use to get trim, have all the exercise charts pinned to the wall so she knows what to do and how to do it safely, encourage her to do just basic stuff regularly rather than try do intense workouts... but to no avail. I think some people just get unmotivated do lose their motivation if they put on weight and resign themselves to that state... if it weren't for my intervention in terms of her diet I doubt she'd be losing any weight.

Superbeast said:
My girl has a few extra pounds and I have all the equipment in my conservatory that she'd need to use to get trim, have all the exercise charts pinned to the wall so she knows what to do and how to do it safely, encourage her to do just basic stuff regularly rather than try do intense workouts... but to no avail. I think some people just get unmotivated do lose their motivation if they put on weight and resign themselves to that state... if it weren't for my intervention in terms of her diet I doubt she'd be losing any weight.
I'm in a pretty similar situation. My girlfriend complains all the time that she thinks she's fat and that she hates the way she looks, but when it comes down to doing something about it she just turns back to eating junk food and doing bugger all exercise. I try and encourage her not to eat rubbish food but she doesn't seem to listen, possibly for the reasons King Kabuki mentioned.

It's pretty frustrating because I know she'd look and feel better if she ate better and got some exercise, but she just doesn't have the determination to carry it through.

Believe it or not my girl started working out.
She has been going to the aerobics and pilates classes at least
3 times a week and then swimming after some of the classes.

that said I have had no luck encouraging, suggesting or leading
by example to get her to eat better.

Women do what they want and get healthy sometimes.

YOu cant make them do anyhting.

most girls are that way they will watch you get in better shape from the couch !!!

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this problem. My girl also always complains how shes to fat and I do think shes got some extra pounds on her, but she never does anything about it. She even bought herself a jumprope but she never uses it.

Its wierd because she used to be really active and used to work as a model.

try and find a good article in a magazine

they like to listen to magazines instead... too bad most of the articles are shit

Haha...Let her catch you masturbating to fitness models. That'll do it...lol.j/k

Seriously, I have no clue. It's not the healthy eating that I find hard to get them to do, it's the excercises. The idea that you have to have muscle before you can burn fat is just alien to them. They think they'll get huge and manly.

try posting something like this on the fridge

fatmap4lw.jpg

I have a hard time getting my girlfriend to eat healthy also. I've been on her back about it though for the last couple of months and she seems to be trying to eat a little bit better.

Boondocksaint said:
Very good advice. Much better than what I posted. I've noticed that when I spend a lot of time in the gym and eat healthy, my friends and family will sometimes follow suit. I think that if you transform your life into a healthy lifestyle there is a good chance that your wife will be influenced by your behavior.

LOL, I celebrated my B-day last night and went out and partied for about the first time in forever...I must of posted that when I got home. Note to self: stay off Sherdog when drunk...

I've found this to be true. Since I've been taking my health and my weight seriously, my family, friends and gf are all eating healthier and exercising more. Which is cool. I think they're jealous of my weight loss and trying to get a piece.

I've been having pretty good luck with my gf. She already eats fairly healthy and I work out with her sometimes to get her goin. I've gotten her into grappling a bit so we usually do that and then go swimming cause she used to swim in college and likes that and it's good cardio training for me. So I found doing activities together to be very helpful.

Back