Getting someone's stink on you

J Storm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone gets a little odorous after a long practice/session, and I'm sure everyone's rolled with particularly smelly people before, but have you ever had their stench rub onto you and your clothes?

I was rolling with this guy today and he didn't just smell bad, he smelled rancid, but I didn't want to be disrespectful (maybe that's just how he is) and continued to roll with him. He was controlling me from side control and the smell was pretty overwhelming.

Anyway, on my way home on the subway I smelled something bad (note, i was wearing the same tshirt i trained in) and thought it was one of the homeless people on the train and even walked into another car, but the smell stayed with me. I sniffed my shirt and realized it was the same guy's stench and that it had been transferred onto my clothes.

Now I get really sweaty and I'm sure I don't smell good, but I don't ever come close to reeking, and I was actually kind of pissed and kind of embarrassed that people on the subway would think I was this dirty ass dude when it wasn't my smell. Kind of rambling and so forth, but yea, next time I gotta remember to bring a clean T-shirt and not to roll with stinky.

Share any stories if you got em.

lol, shit how do u think the Greek wrestlers felt?

that must have been the nastiest shit ever. Train day after day, and they probablly thought taking baths made you a sissy or something.

There was a guy who used to train with us. He would come to class immediately after he left the gym lifting weights and the smell was NOT pleasant. We all get smelly during class, but to show up smelling like feet and ass before warm-ups even start is just brutal.

He was one of the most extreme "I have to win EVERY roll" muscle-bound spazz I'd ever seen and he didn't last very long. He wound up quitting after a month or so, but the time he was here was not the best-smelling period of my grappling lifetime.

There was another guy at my last school who would sweat A LOT. He was a big guy and an experienced blue belt. So, it wasn't uncommon to spend most of my rolls with him fighting from the bottom. The problem with this was that his sweat was ALWAYS dripping into my face. Having someone's sweat pouring into your eyes and nose was almost enough to make me tap at times. lol.

I never train with guys that smell, you never know how long it's been since they last washed their gi, themselves, and how many skin diseases are lurking on the gi.

also, i know for a fact the smell was not from me b/c as i said, most of our match i was on bottom with him on top of my chest in side control. got home, front of my shirt = nose-gaggingly smelly, back of my shirt (with pretty much just my sweat) = not smelly.

you wore home the same shirt you trained in?????
thats what seems disgusting to me

There was another guy at my last school who would sweat A LOT. He was a big guy and an experienced blue belt. So, it wasn't uncommon to spend most of my rolls with him fighting from the bottom. The problem with this was that his sweat was ALWAYS dripping into my face. Having someone's sweat pouring into your eyes and nose was almost enough to make me tap at times. lol.

I sweat that much; it's manly, suck it up. Where are my sweaty bastard brothers to back me up?

you wore home the same shirt you trained in?????
thats what seems disgusting to me

I can't imagine wearing the shirt I trained in home. How can you wear a shirt drenched in sweat around?

well i came to the gym in normal street clothes, but after practice i was still obviously sweaty as fuck and didn't feel like changing back and getting my good clothes all sweaty.

what is even worse is if you get their BO on you and you smell it when ur driving back home

I smell all the time it feels kind of embarrasing but its because im smelly.

You are gross.

like i said, i was planning on changing into my street clothes but now that i was pretty damn sweaty, and it was warm out, i walked out in what i practiced in.

what is even worse is if you get their BO on you and you smell it when ur driving back home

if you were trapped in a car with this guy's BO you would have had to get a new car.

its kinda wierd wearing your training clothes home especially on a subway

It's easily solved by plastic bag + towel + another shirt.

I sweat like a whore in church. I'm that guy that looks like he is on the set of baywatch by the end of warmups.

Don't think I stink tho since ppl will use me all the time to demonstrate moves on me when we roll, and ppl ask me to roll all the time.

Why??? Cause I wash my gi before every class. If I work out before class, I shower before class. Here is a tip if the odor is really bad, use some baby powder. That shit works wonders at eliminating the smell in conjuction with showers. Worked wonders in baseball. Also, shower after class, no need to be spreading around skin diseases.

I hate it when I roll with someone that stinks. I'm not talking about that little oniony smell you might get when it's fresh sweat. I'm talking about that smell that sticks to your gi like white on rice. The smell kinda reminds me of burnt hair and ass, but worse.

I'm just saying be mindful of others and yourself. Cleanliness is underrated.

Back