Getting real tired of all the Conor hate.

Now that I have your attention with the baiting title (ready for the gifs of disapproval :) ), some of you guys need to reevaluate your desire for blood thirst. Conor has played this game like a fiddle, and the funniest thing is, he's playing the game we as fans help create. Sherdog especially loves creating hype trains, but god forbid that train actually takes off and is the real deal, then we must find one reason or another to discredit it.

People seem to forget the fights he's taken on short notice, ie. Mendes, Diaz. Those were MAJOR gambles, imagine had he lost to Mendes which he was well on his way to until the KO. Do you really think he would've gotten a crack at Aldo? Noway, we would've shunned him and grouped him in that same novelty category as Platinum. The best thing about that is he DID lose to Nate, and avenged it as to not sully his name. How many fights have gone the other way where the loser comes out on top in a rematch? Imagine where he'd be if he lost both Diaz bouts?

I'm absolutely NOT saying he's the undisputed GOAT, I can admit there are fighters at both LW and FW that could very likely take him the distance (Khabib possibly being one, Ortega being another) and grind out a win. Mendes was one of those guys but he took that gamble and came out on top. His career is based on successful gambles other fighters wouldn't have taken.

After watching UFC since the mid 90's and seeing what happens to fighters that have piss poor management(both physical and financial), I could care less if he fights once every year or 3 years. I sure as hell will be watching and so will 99% of the haters because he is that exciting to watch.

As far as this whole Mayweather drama, I think he's playing it perfectly. Nobody likes that GSP over the top sportsmanship, these guys got a shelf life and Conor knows it better than anyone. He's gonna milk that "feud" for what it's worth and he's doing a damn good job at it.

200w.webp

7815974890_ea2e9cd769_z.jpg

Sherdog told me Conor would lose so many times that Im bankrupt now.

The thing is - haters get obsessed with certain fighters. They hate them so much for some reason that it becomes most of what they think about. I can't understand the hater mentality myself because I respect all fighters that get in the cage. Do I like some more than others? Yes
I'll leave you haters with one more fact:
Obsession is harder to overcome than addiction.

Short notice fights?

Short notice opponent yes.

Fight? No he was already training which he himself said he never trained for a specific opponent.

Nothing new. Top fighters always have unreasonable haters. Especially when a fan favorite gets taken out by them.

Lol - stick to WWE Deepthroater. Or is it Rubberneck? Same thing, right?
Keep guzzling and hating either way!

You used the equivalent of “I know you are but what am I”. You’d better get to bed it past your bed time, and a school night son.

You used the equivalent of “I know you are but what am I”. You’d better get to bed it past your bed time, and a school night son.
Lol, Rubberneck - Whatever floats your rubber boat. Just quit hating. I own my own house.
I'm just trying to leave a message for all haters. Again, I respect all that step in the cage, ring, octagon, etc.

Obsession is more difficult to overcome than addiction.

Only read the title.

I’m enjoying all the Conor hate threads. Sherdog is balancing itself out. The hate threads make the same amount of sense as the Conor dick rider threads. They all make no sense, but at least we get both viewpoints.

What I’m trying to say based on this thread - Colin is shook

Lol, Rubberneck - Whatever floats your rubber boat. Just quit hating. I own my own house.
I'm just trying to leave a message for all haters. Again, I respect all that step in the cage, ring, octagon, etc.

Obsession is more difficult to overcome than addiction.

What’s your message, that you’re a clown? You’re not the only one that respects fighters, a lot of us do. I don’t respect conors obnoxious dick riding fans. They are most of the reason conor gets shit on here. Stop acting all self righteous.

Lol - "Years" means multiple years. You are wrong. And a hater.
Congrats!

last fight was in nov 2016 and next fight will be Oct 2018 so right by a month.
Congrats!

Back