Getting caught with steroids should result in a permanent suspension

Anti drug political agenda? lollllll. This has nothing to do with poltiics.
People who chose not to cheat shouldn't be pressured into injecting shit into their arms.

Then you choose from column A. the misguided sense of fairness.
Life isn't fair. Those who go the extra mile succeed.

Anti drug political agenda? lollllll. This has nothing to do with poltiics.
People who chose not to cheat shouldn't be pressured into injecting shit into their arms.

so they wont be pros. thats the way it is in every sport. wanna bang with the best? use the best to be the best.

i mean come on, guys arent using china stuff made in a garage, they use medical high quality stuff under the supervision of doctors. its more dangerous to get caught in a kimura than using steroids under professional supervision.

stop testing altogether. just let em juice

pride was sooo awesome because every single fighter was mid-cycle come fight day

steroids make the fights more entertaining

Then you choose from column A. the misguided sense of fairness.
Life isn't fair. Those who go the extra mile succeed.

Blah blah blah. Everyone knows life isn't fair. It's not that simple, especially in the scope of an athletic competition where a certain amount of control/stability is assumed.
It's not misguided at all. It's common sense.

There are ways to stop cheating if the organization really wanted to, which will hopefully happen sooner rather than later.

If people think there aren't any successful fighters that don't cheat youre just nuts.

its funny that pretty much nobody in this thread agrees with you.

Are you sure about that. Read the thread,its you and a few others that keep being so defensive...Gee, I wonder why? Lets see..You live in England,where juice is as easy as candy,you've trained in aspects of MMA and possibly competed.. Im sure you never tried it and thats why you are here busting your ass on this topic :rolleyes:

Mandatory testing after every fight or whenever the governing body demands it. You refuse the test or flee, you get 6 month ban. You fail the test 1 year ban and fight resulted overturned to No Contest or Loss.

Testing should be conducted during time of suspension at random and the fighter must be tested when reapplying for fight licence.

Also 3 strike rule.

1st failure - 1 year ban and fine
2nd failure - 2 year ban and fine
3rd failure - lifetime ban and fine

It should be two strike rule IMO..First one being a 2 year ban,2nd goodbye contract.

Train realistically, rest realistically and fight naturally. Put all the druggies in a separate druggie league, then the viewers can judge if they want to watch druggies or not.

Exactly.

...what about getting caught accidently using it?

Accidently ?There is no accident in this.. Are you accidently going to inject yourself or pop pills with a weird name and possibly no labeling? Orals maybe I could agree with because they used to sell pro-hormones/steroids at GNC before they all got banned. My gym used to sell some pro-hormones at the supplement shelf .

so they wont be pros. thats the way it is in every sport. wanna bang with the best? use the best to be the best.

i mean come on, guys arent using china stuff made in a garage, they use medical high quality stuff under the supervision of doctors. its more dangerous to get caught in a kimura than using steroids under professional supervision.

Doctors are not going to prescribe you anabolic steroids.. HGH or TRT,maybe.. But that is at a normal dose which mimics the bodies natural production.

You make a lot of assumptions here. You don't know if all these guys use doctors at all. Steroids are obviously beneficial to a fighter at least in the short term, but there's plenty of clean fighters- guaranteed. They don't make you so good your guaranteed to win. In fact, Most times guys get popped seems to be after a loss.
Plus, they say quick healing injuries with steroids is not good for longevity. How many athletes period have we seen who have tested for juice in all of sports that re aggravate injuries.

Would this include people who popped due to unlisted ingredients in OTC supplements??

Would this include people who popped due to unlisted ingredients in OTC supplements??

In an ideal system, punishment fits the crime! Diuretics shouldn't count as much as getting caught with nandrolone or drugs that make you strong as a yak.

What the fuck is a permanent suspension?

And if you mean expulsion or being banned for life, you're out your damn mind.

Permanent is a little harsh. People do make mistakes. A 1 year suspension seems like a good compromise. A fight career isn't long and a 1 year is an eternity especially in your prime.

2 strikes, maybe a fine and suspension. 3 strikes, you're out.

I say 2 years for first offense, then double-up for every subsequent violation (2, 4, 8...).

You definitely have to make it hurt to make it a deterrent, but permanent suspension may be too much.

I would say 1 year ban for 1st offense, 2 years after that. In order to be effective, more random testing is needed to catch those that know how to cycle properly.

If you get serious about this, eventually the risk of taking them will outweigh the benefits. Sure some guys are going to keep on using, but once they start losing serious $ we should see some improvements.

permanent would make no sense, but a 5 year ban or more would make people think twice i guess.

That's the only way fighters will stay away from it.In a sport that's purely a individual effort no PEDS should not be allowed and those who use it should face permanent suspension. Strict testing and permanent suspension will make fighters think twice. Im tired of heartless cowards relying on PEDS.

That is a factual statement that a lifetime ban would be a significant deterrent.

However, the first guy barred for life would sue the AC for preventing him from earning a living, and given the frequent ability of lawyers to cast doubt on testing results, he'd likely win.

So this is not a workable solution.

Yeah, no, that's insane. I think a one year ban is good enough. The whole testing system needs to be improved somehow. Just think of all the fighters that don't get caught... I'm guess it's quite a bit

Yeah I hate fast paced fights as well. I like my fighters gassing before the 3rd round.

A lot more fighters use PEDs than you think.. I would say half do.. And if you know your opponent is doing it aren't you going to try to? Ifs there's one juicer there's going to be many, even guys who normally wouldn't do it, they're almost forced to keep up. Perma bands would result in the sport collapsing. Without Sonnen MMA would not exist. PERIOD

Back