Getting caught with steroids should result in a permanent suspension

5thDimensionMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's the only way fighters will stay away from it.In a sport that's purely a individual effort no PEDS should not be allowed and those who use it should face permanent suspension. Strict testing and permanent suspension will make fighters think twice. Im tired of heartless cowards relying on PEDS.

Stricter punishments for sure, but downright permanent suspension seems kind of ridiculous.

I think that fighters that get busted once should have to go through more consistent tests in the future, but completely getting rid of them all would eliminate a lot of great and high profile fighters in the UFC

lol does realize that most of his favorite fighters are probably on some type of ped?

Heartless cowards? If your opponent is using steroids, is it really cowardly for you to use them too? If they really wanted to get diligent on drug testing with severe punishments, sports events would be getting cancelled left and right at all levels. The UFC probably wouldn't survive it to be honest.

They should put them in fighter jail.

I think you mean Expulsion . And no , not for a first offense ,

That's the only way fighters will stay away from it.In a sport that's purely a individual effort no PEDS should not be allowed and those who use it should face permanent suspension. Strict testing and permanent suspension will make fighters think twice. Im tired of heartless cowards relying on PEDS.

I think one year is good.

Stricter punishments for sure, but downright permanent suspension seems kind of ridiculous.

I think that fighters that get busted once should have to go through more consistent tests in the future, but completely getting rid of them all would eliminate a lot of great and high profile fighters in the UFC

No..Think of all the great natural fighters that will be coming to take their place.

BJ surely never juiced and look at all the awesome fighters he put on and beat the shit out of juice heads like Sherk.

Let's be real - in this day and age, the only crime is GETTING CAUGHT.

In every professional major sport the majority of athletes are using steroids; the majority don't get caught, the majority know how to cycle properly, and the majority stay a step ahead of the game by using stuff that isn't even classified as a steroid yet because it's so new.

The fact that people are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed is more of an indictment of the pressure people are put under to "be the best," because if you aren't the best in modern first-world democracies you are taught you aren't good enough (which is obviously an insane and backwards way of thinking, since only 1 person can be the best at something and even then for a fixed period of time).

There are no easy answers, only hard questions in this debate.

Ridiculous argument. By the same token we should make all crimes have the death penalty...so that it deters criminals from committing crimes. LOL.

No way. I say let everything be open market. Allow all substances to be allowed and used at each fighter's own peril. Publish all testosterone levels to the public for every fight. So the public can say, "hey, that fighter looked particularly awesome in that fight...what was his T:E ratio? 14:1? Oh, okay, that explains it." or "Hey, that guy is AWESOME....he just won the title with a T:E ratio of 1:1!"

No way. I say let everything be open market.!"

Yeah and be a bad example to youth growing up doing cycles and fucking up their endocrine system for life. Steroids mess you up,you either take them or you don't. Theres no doing it once or twice.

I agree but the only problem is that with false testings and with the possibility of coaches giving steroids without the fighter knowing can be too extreme a punishment. But if a fighter tests twice they should definitely be fined and banned for life.

I think one year is good.

One year is nothing. You essentially only miss one fight assuming the fighter fights every 6 months.

One year is worth the small risk of getting caught that's why 50-85% of guys are on the juice probably.

2 years minimum. I'd like to see 3 years to really deter guys.

the UFC should really just randomly test all their fighters, put it in their contracts!

Back