Getting a tattoo as a whitebelt?

doublelapels

White Belt
Reaction score
Been pondering about this for a long time. Should I get a bjj related sleeve tattoo? I do plan on continuing my bjj career well into my black belt stages but I don't want pr would try to avoid the dirty looks from my sparring partners or instructor.

I was thinking about getting a "Tapout" tattoo or something with the word "jiujitsu" on myself. Thanks guys for any advice.

This seems like a bad troll attempt, but I'll play anyway...

Get what you want and don't worry so much about what other people think.

I'd wait until you're at least a purple, that's when you're committed.

Get "sleep tight" on the back of your forearm/elbow so your helpless opponents sees it as you sink in the perfect RNC. Obviously once your good.....in the meantime it will confuse people armbarring you.

I knew a guy who got a Marine Corps tattoo before joining the Marine Corps.

seemed kind of dumb.

I had a student who was a blue belt get all the belts tattooed on his upper arm. Since he got the tattoos he has trained about 10 times. This was 2 years ago.

Get it, you don't need any other reason than it would be fucking hilarious if you got injured or just chose to quit and you had to handle all the questions about it.

"Do you do BJJ or MMA or something?"
"No I used to"
"How long?
"It was a tuesday."

this can't possibly be a serious thread

'tapout' on the right arm, 'just bleed' on the left. no one would mess wit ya brah

Hay guise I'm starting moay thigh tomorrow shoudl i get "8 limbs" or "nakmuay" on my heart? LOLOL

Get the artist that did Alan Belcher's Cash tattoo to do Rickson for you.

We had a visitor come to my gym a couple times and he had "MMA" as a tramp stamp..

Left arm = Octagon with "UFC" in the middle
Right arm = Tapout
Across Chest = Tap or Snap

Get the above for instant black belt status at ur gym.

Why dont you get a 'just bleed' tattoo on your head? Or.. JIU JITSU on your knuckles.

I knew a guy who got a Marine Corps tattoo before joining the Marine Corps.

seemed kind of dumb.

bootcamp must have been a blast for him. There was a guy that showed up with an airborne tattoo at jump school, the black hats did EVERYTHING to make him quit. He made it through, but it wasn't a good experience. Funniest thing is the black hats tried to talk him into getting a Ranger tattoo and volunteering for the Rangers, but he learned his lesson by then.

TS do whatever you want, I have a feeling people already think you're a douche so it doesn't matter what you do.

Don't listen to the guys above,they just want to make trouble for you... just get a random tramp stamp tattoo on your lower back and then no one in your gym will find it threatening...

bootcamp must have been a blast for him. There was a guy that showed up with an airborne tattoo at jump school, the black hats did EVERYTHING to make him quit. He made it through, but it wasn't a good experience. Funniest thing is the black hats tried to talk him into getting a Ranger tattoo and volunteering for the Rangers, but he learned his lesson by then.

TS do whatever you want, I have a feeling people already think you're a douche so it doesn't matter what you do.

A friend in the military told me about something like this; Bootcamp worked him like a slave... he quit later on. Poor guy.

if you end up doing any seminars or do a bit of training at different schools. You could run into some black belts who have been doing bjj for their whole life. A lot most likely wouldn't care and would be happy their sport is getting so popular. Others would take offense that someone who knows near nothing about their life passions has a tattoo putting out the appearance they are decanted and experienced practitioner. You might find that tattoo costing you a few painful experiences that otherwise might not have been. Do whatever feels right to you tho its your body and life.

Been pondering about this for a long time. Should I get a bjj related sleeve tattoo? I do plan on continuing my bjj career well into my black belt stages but I don't want pr would try to avoid the dirty looks from my sparring partners or instructor.

I was thinking about getting a "Tapout" tattoo or something with the word "jiujitsu" on myself. Thanks guys for any advice.

you are joking right? maybe you should consider a UFC or Affliction tatoo

I would wait for some life experience and get something that actually has value and meaning to you.

Getting a Martial Arts tattoo as a whitbelt is like tatooing a girl's name on you before you get her phone number......wait I change my mind,...thats ballsy go for it.:icon_chee

JITZ on right hand knuckles, 4EVA on left hand knuckles. Might as well just tattoo a black belt on your waist, bra.

"Squeeze gently!"
On the back of your neck would be very practical for a white belt.
Besides if you ever quit BJJ, it would work as a guideline for your boyfriend.

gallery_2408_106_34481.jpg

"Squeeze gently!"
On the back of your neck would be very practical for a white belt.
Besides if you ever quit BJJ, it would work as a guideline for your boyfriend.

Just get "no me machuqe" maybe..?

Hilarious that some people are taking this seriously

How do you kill something that has absolutely no life?

Just get "Gracie Online Blue Belt" across your back in old english.

I recomend against it incase you don't stick with it. Just buy tapout shirts you can always take those off.

Reminds me of the girl who got her black belt from a mcdojo karate school in 2 years then got a black belt tattooed around her ankle. To me it's like really, lose some weight and learn to kick above the waste atleast before tattooing a black belt around you ankle.

Maybe I'll get "If you can read this, I messed up again" inked on the back of my neck.

Back