Getting a new phone

CyberRubberDuck

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Trying to find out what phones are good at the moment.
I'm on android and am up for renewal. Current phone is the Huawei P20 and I've had it since it was new out. Was great at the time, but apparently now Huawei is no longer able to do half the shit they used to because of Google being dicks.
Can anyone recommend something?

s-l640.jpg

Waiting for my Huawei Nova 5t to arrive any day now. One of the last Huawei phones with google playstore since it was released back in 2019 before the ban. Technically it's like a mid-range phone now but it's a free upgrade for the renewal. If I'm paying, I'd probably get the iphone se. For android probably a oneplus nord.

Best bang for the buck phone right now is the Iphone SE 2. Im still on my 6 but its getting long in the tooth. Everything else to me is overkill. $400 for a phone is still a lot of money IMO.

The trend this year has been bang-for-buck phones. To address the backlash of people not buying phones for 5 years because they were so dang expensive.

Google has a pixel 4a that's supposedly excellent and it only cost $350. They trim the cost by getting rid of wireless charging and a couple other bells and whistles, but the important stuff like processing, ram, and camera are all very good.

Thinking of buying one myself

Anything but an iphone.

The only reason anyone would get an iphone is if they're poor but want to feel not poor for the periods of time in which they use their iphones.

Last years Samsung model so the s10. You can probably get a great deal on it now.

I've been on both samsung and apple.. company phone and private..

I'm absolutely no hater of the iphone but now i'm on samsung only..

The s9 was great and the s10 is an improvement.. i switch phones every 2 years and i'm not finding battery time, processor slowing, memory filling etc a problem at all..

If the rest of my tech was apple i'd definately go iphone..

If i were to buy a phone caring about the budget i'd go oneplus.. all the oneplus owners i know are smug as fuck haha..

Anything but an iphone.

The only reason anyone would get an iphone is if they're poor but want to feel not poor for the periods of time in which they use their iphones.
typical android poverty comment.

Today i ordered Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Snapdragon 865+), so will see how it will do.

My friend has Huawei P40 Pro... he has all apps that he had before with google apps. First day it took more hours to install them all and now it is fine, just like before. The phone is excellent, camera is excellent, but i like bigger phones (but Huawei P40 Pro is not a small phone actually, just not the biggest). If you still want a great Huawei phone with google support, then go with Huawei P30 Pro... it's also not pricey anymore.

Last edited:
Anything but an iphone.

This 100%. iPhones are inferior in every aspect that really matters.

Anything but an iphone.

I've never got on with apple. Has to be android

Get a 5g, I got one from Samsung its the Galaxy note one brand new and I got it for a discount it cost around 1,400 regular price. Got it for 250 as a T mobile deal.

I used to have a motorola, but this samsung with the lightening charging, had my phone at 50 percent this morning plugged it in and turned it off and it was done charging in 15 minutes to 100 percent.

my other phones take ages to charge.

Get a 5g, I got one from Samsung its the Galaxy note one brand new and I got it for a discount it cost around 1,400 regular price. Got it for 250 as a T mobile deal.

I used to have a motorola, but this samsung with the lightening charging, had my phone at 50 percent this morning plugged it in and turned it off and it was done charging in 15 minutes to 100 percent.

my other phones take ages to charge.
Not sure what my limits are on the upgrade, but I'm throwing in a complain too as the mobile phone provider also do my broadband (Vodafone). They've messed me around and owe me money so I rekcon I can get something decent.

i was given a samsung s20 to use from my work. it's pretty badass, but it costs a ton of money. the camera on it is really damn good, if that's what's important to you in a phone.

Not sure what my limits are on the upgrade, but I'm throwing in a complain too as the mobile phone provider also do my broadband (Vodafone). They've messed me around and owe me money so I rekcon I can get something decent.
T mobile in the states are dope, I been with them for over a decade so being a loyal customer they cut me a deal, I never had an expensive ass phone but I think with the Covid they decided might as well get people to buy phones, It was awesome I love this phone brother

All my phones in the past have been cheaper phones, but since they gave me an offer and extreme discount I couldn't pass up. 5g is dope its faster and I an get internet in areas I normally couldn't. my phone has lightening charging I was shocked, it charges so quickly my other phones take two hours to charge to full

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g?sku=610214665355

i was given a samsung s20 to use from my work. it's pretty badass, but it costs a ton of money. the camera on it is really damn good, if that's what's important to you in a phone.
Yeah I just got a Samsung Galaxy note 20 ultra 5g for 250 bucks as a loyal T mobile customer they sent me a deep discount it normally cost over 1 thousand its brand new.

I like how that thing charges fast, thats what I like the most its great, great camera everything, Im used to my phones taking over and hour to two hours just to charge, this thing I shut it down plug it in and its at 100 percent within 15 to 20 minutes.

T mobile in the states are dope, I been with them for over a decade so being a loyal customer they cut me a deal, I never had an expensive ass phone but I think with the Covid they decided might as well get people to buy phones, It was awesome I love this phone brother

All my phones in the past have been cheaper phones, but since they gave me an offer and extreme discount I couldn't pass up. 5g is dope its faster and I an get internet in areas I normally couldn't. my phone has lightening charging I was shocked, it charges so quickly my other phones take two hours to charge to full

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g?sku=610214665355

I'll look into it. Trouble is none of the phone shops have the display models because of the covid nonsense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back