Get that money Tyron Woodley

this is bullshit now ufc is not sport anymore is about money. what is the point of ranking if you can just pick and choose who you want ?

Woodley doesn't have the charisma to be calling for money fights. He sounds like he is ducking Wonderboy.
If he beats Wonderboy, I say throw him a bone, but otherwise he doesn't have the drawing power to cherry pick.
If GSP comes back, I agree, give him the fight, but this has more to do with GSP than with Woodley.

you mean someone who's been retired for almost 3 years or someone who hasn't won in 5 years?
Yeah, two of the best guys in the world despite what you just said. The important thing here is that they are both great fighters and are easily the two biggest draws in Woodley's division. Of course those are the guys he wants to face. If he beats Wonderboy, then he beat a good young flash in the pan but if he beats Georges or Nick he beats a fighter with a huge legacy and gets paid a lot more.

this is bullshit now ufc is not sport anymore is about money. what is the point of ranking if you can just pick and choose who you want ?
All professional sports are about money. There wasn't a tournament, the rankings are subjective and fighters who have been out for a while don't qualify. So whine all you want but the GSP or Diaz fight makes the most sense for Tyron and the UFC.

They are doing the exact same thing. Conor is ducking the 145 division so that he can make the most money while he is champ. Woodley is doing the same..
no conor KO'd mendes (who everyone accused the ufc of protecting him from) then a few months later he had a second title fight in the 145 division where he KO'd the #1 p4p fighter on the planet who was on a 10 year win streak. he then went on to call out the champion in a higher weight class (if woodley called out bisping it would be different), the champ pulled out and so conor fought a 6'1 200 pound top 5 fighter @ 170 because his opponent couldnt make weight.

he lost and now hes forcing the ufc to let him have a rematch that literally 99% of you believe hes going to lose embarrassingly. you can say a lot of things about conor but hes definitely no duck

Woodley will take on all champions after he gets the big money fights out of the way.
this literally made me lol
Conor fans bragged night and day about Conor being brilliant in doing money fights. Woodley is also brilliant as the Diaz fight is excellent choice and brings him the money.
ya RDA has a huge fanbse and pulls a lot of numbers...lel
rda, aldo etc none of them have fans nor do they pull any big numbers at all. conor CREATED the money fights by being brilliant, as you put it. tyrone is just a kid in a candy shop pointing at the biggest lollipop

lol @ not seeing the difference between conor and tyrone

I don't know but you should ask Conor and Bisping about all of that or maybe their nuthuggers who helped push for it to happen.

Woodley doesn't have the charisma to be calling for money fights. He sounds like he is ducking Wonderboy.
If he beats Wonderboy, I say throw him a bone, but otherwise he doesn't have the drawing power to cherry pick.
If GSP comes back, I agree, give him the fight, but this has more to do with GSP than with Woodley.

He is a sports analyst with charisma. He is making all the right moves for the money.

All professional sports are about money. There wasn't a tournament, the rankings are subjective and fighters who have been out for a while don't qualify. So whine all you want but the GSP or Diaz fight makes the most sense for Tyron and the UFC.

I agree that Woodley vs GSP or Diaz make the most sense from a business prospective. Nobody cares about rankings anymore and that has been the case for about 2 years or more now.

No. Nothing you say is correct. Woodley is trying to hop on Nick Diaz's money train. Connor is the money train. You are a dope if you don't see that. Plus, Woodley doesn't have what it takes to promote a fight like Connor. Woodley wants to make money, he's going to have to do it with KOs like Rumble.

GSP, Anderson didn't get filthy rich and for the rest of their lives will be able to earn in this sport because of their legacy with these sideshow one night "money" fights.

Woodley needs to smarten up and be who he is instead of trying to be a dollar store Connor.

Woodley is going to get that money is what he is going to do. He don't care about you or Wonderboy.
Conor didn't care about screwing over Aldo for a rematch twice.

Back