Get that money Tyron Woodley

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Diggem, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

I like how Woodley is taking the Conor route of getting big money fights. Woodley knows this is all about money and it is a business. Nick will definitely want that fight and a shot at the title.

Conor fans should be cheering for Woodley in making that money!!!

Woodley is businessman,analyst,philanthropist and overall good guy.

2. FierceHitman

FierceHitman Green Belt

Definitely the smarter move, but one can't complain about being considered a cowardly champion after

touchedbyjab and jakeharris74 like this.
  3. Threetrees

Threetrees Well Actually

4. jakeharris74

jakeharris74 Black Belt

Don't compare Conor with Woodley. I'm not a Conor fan, but the dude is trying to take on all the champions. He was gunning for Aldo, gunning for the LW champion, and took Nate on short notice who smoked him.

Now he's looking to take on the guy that smoked him that everybody thinks he can't beat. That is so fucking anti Woodley I don't know how you can compare the two.

5. billharford

billharford 181 Likes

It's a smart move by Woodley, I don't blame him. But hopefully the UFC has the good sense to step in and tell him he's fighting Wonderboy because they want the promotion to at least have the appearance of having a shred of legitimacy

6. Natesblackshirt

Natesblackshirt Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Ya it's not like he's terrified of Wonderboy. He just wants the big money fights! And no one wants to see that fight. So theres no money in it, understand TS?

7. GordaoPreguico

GordaoPreguico Red Belt

The myth that nick Diaz is a draw still remains

lalaland likes this.
  8. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

He is. He just beat McGregor.

lalaland likes this.
  9. touchedbyjab

touchedbyjab Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Can't knock the hustle, but I like it when a champ fights whoever regardless of their popularity just to prove he's the best.

I think we will see a lot more "prize fighting" in the future. Why be an active champ/fighter when you can hold out and fight a big name for a lot more money?

Cynic Man likes this.
  10. manapua

manapua Brown Belt

I'd pay to watch woodley vs wonderboy before I paid for woodley vs nick. No offense to nick, but he has won since he fought bj.

11. blazerkor

blazerkor Purple Belt

I don't think asking to fight GSP or Nick is a cowardly move. Woodley just waited for a few other big fights to go by so he could get his promised title fight so I'm sure he's cool with Wonderboy doing the same. He knows he'll fight the guys that won't pay him as much sooner or later but I think it's courageous to challenge the best ever or a guy who has recently fought two of the greatest ever regardless of weight class and is a very challenging matchup for anyone.

12. BNC

BNC Green Belt

Diaz is too good at slipping punches and has insane cardio I think he wins anyway

13. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Black Belt

Anti Woodley??? What
    Anti woodley. Where the fuck did you come up with that shit.
    Woodley would pound little connie into the mat and if bisping where a draw he would be calling him out. Nick is a draw and Woodley is calling him out. Sounds alot like Conor to me...

14. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Then you should call Conor the coward.

15. manapua

manapua Brown Belt

you mean someone who's been retired for almost 3 years or someone who hasn't won in 5 years?

16. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

They are doing the exact same thing. Conor is ducking the 145 division so that he can make the most money while he is champ. Woodley is doing the same.

Woodley will take on all champions after he gets the big money fights out of the way. Conor fans bragged night and day about Conor being brilliant in doing money fights. Woodley is also brilliant as the Diaz fight is excellent choice and brings him the money.

Cynic Man likes this.
  17. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Ummm...they let Conor duck the 145 division to fight a non champ in no division at all. If the UFC sees money in letting Woodley vs Diaz then they will do that as they should.

Woodley vs Diaz is awesome fight.

18. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

That fight will be awesome to see.

19. Metrognome

Metrognome Purple Belt

Lol at anyone thinking calling out GSP is not a boss move. Big money fight taking on the division GOAT. Even with Georges being out of competition he is still a threat to anybody in that division imo. Diaz fight I would watch, but I doubt it will happen and is much harder to justify.

Say Woodley dropped the belt to GSP, y'all saying you wouldn't watch Wonderboy vs GSP??

Diggem likes this.
  20. Son of Sonnen

Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

No. Nothing you say is correct. Woodley is trying to hop on Nick Diaz's money train. Connor is the money train. You are a dope if you don't see that. Plus, Woodley doesn't have what it takes to promote a fight like Connor. Woodley wants to make money, he's going to have to do it with KOs like Rumble.

GSP, Anderson didn't get filthy rich and for the rest of their lives will be able to earn in this sport because of their legacy with these sideshow one night "money" fights.

Woodley needs to smarten up and be who he is instead of trying to be a dollar store Connor.