Crime German Police Conducts Mass Raids Against Suspected Misogynic Hate Speech

We're deep into the information age, there is an enormous amount of power in speech. Bad actors are using freedom of speech to manipulate millions of people with misinformation.

I don't think there are any easy answers or solutions. All remedies will smell authoritarian but hopefully enough people will accept that some are necessary.
Well at least you’ve taken the mask off now and admit you want an authoritarian ruler so long as it’s one you agree with

Ah, so treating others like human beings is a disqualifying feature for you. I get why you're in love with Trump.

This from a person that thinks that women should have to share their sports, locker rooms, bathrooms and other private areas with men.

That's not treating others especially women "like human beings ".

Well at least you’ve taken the mask off now and admit you want an authoritarian ruler so long as it’s one you agree with

Well, you know that isn’t true.

It’s a difficult situation and we can choose to do something, or not. Anything we do will feel authoritarian.

What do you recommend?

It’s a difficult situation and we can choose to do something, or not. Anything we do will feel authoritarian.

What do you recommend?
the risks contained in freedom of speech are far less harmful than the risks of authoritarian control over language. the second one simply makes you a robot, speaking only in approved language, that can be further diminished at will.
ANYONE thinking authoritarianism is a solution should not be trusted with any kind of decision.

What do you recommend?
Letting people have freedom of speech unless it is a direct and targeted threat of violence

Why do you think saying mean things online needs to be illegal and shut down by an authoritarian?

Letting people have freedom of speech unless it is a direct and targeted threat of violence

Why do you think saying mean things online needs to be illegal and shut down by an authoritarian?

I didn't say anything about mean tweets, I was talking about misinformation disseminated by foreign actors. There are also a host of other concerns people should be concerned about, like quality AI video in the very near future, and we should be able to talk about them.

I mentioned smells like authoritarian because I can't even imagine solutions that wouldn't feel that way, especially in the west, and absolutely in America.

With regards to Germany and this issue, I think they went too far. I'm not completely sure how I feel about their stated goal of in a sense "doxxing" purveyors of hate. Part of me thinks if you're willing to say a thing you should own that thing, but is that really for the state to decide?

I gave you more than enough chances. welcome to my shit list
Chances for what? All your posts are emotional pleading and/or logical fallacies. Aren't you the one who couldn't answer my question so you asked me if I support rape because I have Tyson in my profile pic?

We're deep into the information age, there is an enormous amount of power in speech. Bad actors are using freedom of speech to manipulate millions of people with misinformation.

I don't think there are any easy answers or solutions. All remedies will smell authoritarian but hopefully enough people will accept that some are necessary.
Great, so if Trump gets into office next January, surely you would support him raiding the offices of media outlets when they print "misinformation" about him, right?

Back