Georges St-Pierre wants to hand Khabib his first UFC loss

GSP whut abt woodley? GSP is ajoke. came back for weakest MW ever and now wants to bully Khabib who never faced a top 5 except Conman.
Yesterday you guys were saying GSP is ducking Khabib. He only wanted Conor. Now that we have confirmation that GSP wants to fight Khabib, he is "bullying" him..

You guys are hilarious.

Bisping definitely had a larger frame than GSP and he fought all comers. The count was no slouch.

Okay he was bigger.. he sure as heck wasn't in the same skill group. Any other champ and GSP doesn't even sign to fight them, it was a clear opportunistic approach on that ripe duck.

I dont know about you guys but I always called GSP a puss. Ducked Silva in prime. Came back and fought a 95 yr old bisping then pussd out from whittaker. Pussed out from lawler and wood. Now wants to bully a LW who never beat a top 5.

GSP is a joke. Fought in weakest period in WW history where guys were getting old and now wants nothing to do with WW and prime fighters there

Cutting mad weight and fighting a champ in a lower weight class don't impress me much. A dominant champ is supposed to move up to challenge himself (which he did). GSP isn't pulling a Roy Jones Jr by going after smaller fighters.

GSP can do whatever he wants. But his choice will be judged by his fans. Ducking Tyron, and jumping up and down to avoid fighting him is just that, ducking, is not a good look.

Just my two cents...

We got to realize that GSP is not interested in being a champion or fighting consistently at this point in his life. He could have stayed retired and everyone would have judged him as one of the greats. Maybe it's just me but I don't think that his taking a couple of post-active fighter bouts should be a knock against his legacy. People will say that he shouldn't be gifted fights against the likes of Khabib if he is not serious about contention, but maybe Khabib wants that fight to go down. If they are both up for it and there is an audience, I don't see the problem.

At the same time, GSP is not going to be a defending champ regardless of weight class so giving him another title opportunity would seem counterproductive from a marketing or company standpoint. Make it at a catchweight of 165 if it happens.

GSP can do whatever he wants. But his choice will be judged by his fans. Ducking Tyron, and jumping up and down to avoid fighting him is just that, ducking, is not a good look.

Just my two cents...
And that is where we disagree. I don't think GSP is ducking anyone, but it has to make sense for him to take a fight, and Woodley simply does not make sense. It's like this - "do this, and you can win a little bit more money, but if you lose, you lose everything you have worked your whole life for". GSP fought all comers, he did the work, he was a dominant champ - now let him have fun and do superfights. Khabib or Anderson are the most interesting names for him I think.

GSP wants to hold khabib down for 25 min - do no damage and call it a victory. Like 90% of his so called "victories" GSP is biggest joke in combat sport. Worse than conor actually because he actually wins fights.

And that is where we disagree. I don't think GSP is ducking anyone, but it has to make sense for him to take a fight, and Woodley simply does not make sense. It's like this - "do this, and you can win a little bit more money, but if you lose, you lose everything you have worked your whole life for". GSP fought all comers, he did the work, he was a dominant champ - now let him have fun and do superfights. Khabib or Anderson are the most interesting names for him I think.

Yeah that's the way I see it. I mean GSP really has nothing to prove as far WW legacy goes. Woodley is doing great for himself and might have cemented #2 of all time (I'm not sure but he's certainly in the conversation), but it stands to reason why he would want that fight. GSP is the name at WW. The GOAT. Tyron is a great champ and adding GSP to his list of wins would be absolutely huge for him. But GSP is under no obligation to fight the current WW champion just because he never actually lost the WW belt and is interested in fighting again.

As a fan, it sucks because Woodley vs. GSP would be a great fight to watch. But I don't begrudge GSP the decision.

<{hughesimpress}>
What's a duck to you?
If there was a big money fight at WW that GSP thought he could win, he'd take it in a minute.
Through his whole career GSP has fought anyone and everyone, never ducked anyone, this is a fact. Now GSP is more or less retired, he is 37 years old, and in the last years he has has left before age ruins him as it does everyone, he wants superfights. GSP has NOTHING to prove, he has no duty to fight who the fans want him to fight.

Yes, a big money fight as in a super fight, which Woodley is not. I don't really think the ammount of $ matters, more the size of the fight. One of the reasons why Woodley is not interesting for GSP is that Woodley has already lost, multiple times. This is also why GSP would like to fight Khabib who is 27-0.

Why not just do a catch weight, non- title fight? This solves the issue of GSP jumping in line and taking a title shot from guys that are more deserving.

Pointless fight. GSP should piss off....how many times you gonna retire homie

Keep ducking WW GOAT.

Woodley-KO-big.gif
lol if you think that GSP would ever stand up to Tyron like that you are deluded

Yesterday you guys were saying GSP is ducking Khabib. He only wanted Conor. Now that we have confirmation that GSP wants to fight Khabib, he is "bullying" him..

You guys are hilarious.
they cant accept the GOAT

GSP can do what he wants. If the ufc wants this fight, and they do, it’ll happen. After Khabib beats Tony, it’s GSP. GSP will retire if he wins and Khabib has said the same. Win or lose, they’re both allegedly walking away. I think Khabib beats GSP at LW. WW GSP is the GOAT but I can’t see him dropping 15 pounds of muscle and being nearly as effective against someone like Khabib.

Khabib would maul GSP. George is getting old. His body isn't what it was, and he doesn't have the right motivation. For him it's about him, and always about him. He needs to pass the torch and fuck off for good. He was great. Then he left.

He doesn't have it anymore and there's nothing wrong with that. Hang them up while he still can.

He is already WW GOAT. He can gain nothing with that fight, and lose everything.
His legacy was already tarnished when Johny beat him and he walked away from the sport. Now he wants to choose who he fights while holding up divisions. To me, that makes his legacy look weaker than if he came back and made a legitimate run for the title.

His legacy was already tarnished when Johny beat him and he walked away from the sport. Now he wants to choose who he fights while holding up divisions. To me, that makes his legacy look weaker than if he came back and made a legitimate run for the title.
No, it was'nt. I agree that Hendricks won, but the referees gave it to GSP, that's not his fault. And if you think a loss like that tarnishes a fighters legacy, you are one of the people that are ruining MMA.

And he left because he wanted stricter doping tests, especially because of a fighter like Hendricks. I am not saying Hendricks were juiceing, but what happened to him after USADA?

Cutting mad weight and fighting a champ in a lower weight class don't impress me much. A dominant champ is supposed to move up to challenge himself (which he did). GSP isn't pulling a Roy Jones Jr by going after smaller fighters.

GSP would not be cutting more than Khabib, Tony or Lee do to fight at LW. If he was starting his career today he could certainly fight at LW. But he is a natural WW imo.

Too each their own but for me if a guy fights naturally at WW and he shows he can up or down one division and take each belt that is super impressive. I would not expect a natural WW to be able to go up and take the LHW belt. That would be too much. Up one and down one demonstrates a guy is truly P4P the best as he shows in the entire range around his natural weight from the smaller side to the bigger side he is the best.

The divisions have upsized and that second guy fought at FW not too long ago.

KhabibGSP.jpg

GSP-con-696x392.jpg

Back