Georges St-Pierre wants to hand Khabib his first UFC loss

<{hughesimpress}>
What's a duck to you?
If there was a big money fight at WW that GSP thought he could win, he'd take it in a minute.
Pretty silly calling him a duck. Does Chuck Liddell coming out of retirement have to fight the champ or can he take an interest fight with Tito?

Again maybe for huge money GSP would take a fight at WW but those are the lowest value fights for him compared to MW and LW title shots.

Another win at WW might make him money but it does very little for his legacy. A loss in that division will have many say 'see the division moved past him' and give a WW, GSP's name on his resume to build their WW legacy. The Risk/Reward for GSP at WW is just not great compared to the LW and MW belts which the risks might be high but the rewards are massive.

No, it was'nt. I agree that Hendricks won, but the referees gave it to GSP, that's not his fault. And if you think a loss like that tarnishes a fighters legacy, you are one of the people that are ruining MMA.

And he left because he wanted stricter doping tests, especially because of a fighter like Hendricks. I am not saying Hendricks were juiceing, but what happened to him after USADA?
It just sucks that GSP retired after that fight. I know it's not his fault, just bad timing. Hendricks would probably gotten an immediate rematch, and it would have been warranted. I have no problem with GSP fighting any one, even Khabib...as long as he doesn't leap over the guys that have put in the hard work over the years while GSP went on vacation.

Keep ducking WW GOAT.

Woodley-KO-big.gif

Well if he takes that fight your claim of Tyron as WW goat (with his 3 defenses and a draw) goes right out the window when GSP does what GSP does at WW.

Seems like a bad strategy if the goal is to keep that narrative going imo.

No, it was'nt. I agree that Hendricks won, but the referees gave it to GSP, that's not his fault. And if you think a loss like that tarnishes a fighters legacy, you are one of the people that are ruining MMA.

And he left because he wanted stricter doping tests, especially because of a fighter like Hendricks. I am not saying Hendricks were juiceing, but what happened to him after USADA?
And by tarnished I meant that it will be talked about forever as the fight he should have lost.

As a fan, I like to see GSP cement his legacy with a 155 title but this bullshit fight once then vacate messes up the division.

Why do you guys keep saying this? Woodley would be a huge lose/lose fight for GSP. It wont help his legacy if he wins, and only hurt his legacy if he loses.

That's ridiculous. Beating Prime Woodley is a huge legacy boost for GSP. It will put him definitively over Silva, Fedor, Jones or anyone else you want to name in the GOAT debate.

And that is where we disagree. I don't think GSP is ducking anyone, but it has to make sense for him to take a fight, and Woodley simply does not make sense. It's like this - "do this, and you can win a little bit more money, but if you lose, you lose everything you have worked your whole life for". GSP fought all comers, he did the work, he was a dominant champ - now let him have fun and do superfights. Khabib or Anderson are the most interesting names for him I think.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...It's probably a duck.

Quack quack!!!

Well, after Tony/Khabib, if Khabib wins, why not actually pursue the fight, Georges?

He’d most definitely beat Khabib. Easily keep it standing and show Khabib how to put power into the jab. The jab king. Everything GSP does is just another way to set up the jab.

That's ridiculous. Beating Prime Woodley is a huge legacy boost for GSP. It will put him definitively over Silva, Fedor, Jones or anyone else you want to name in the GOAT debate.
No, no it doesn’t. Sadly your narrative just doesn’t fit. Woodley is the current ww champ, there have been many of them. Not as many as in some classes though because Hughes and gsp ruled for so long.

Woodley hasn’t surpassed Hughes yet, doesn’t donshit for gsp WW legacy.

Gsp said if Woodley gets a few more decisive wins like vs till he might fight him then if he surpasses Hughes legacy at WW

Why would GSP choose to fight Woodley for way less money instead of potentially becoming the first guy to have held a belt in 3 divisions and also make a shitton more money?

You simply do not get it - GSP's legacy is already as cemented as it could be. He is semi-retired. He is 37 years old. And he wants to do something different, and that is super fights. Woodley just ain't a superfight.
And if you think beating Woodley would cement GSP's legacy with the haters, you are wrong. Then they will say Woodley werent as good, and that GSP need to fight Whittaker and so on. The hate will continue, and so will the ignorance.

Georges, love you man. But you need to step up and fight Tyron.

This , massive fan of GSP but coming back winning a belt and going missing again shouldnt be allowed no matter who he is or has done

GSP is more of a liability to the whole of the division than its worth at this point. He backed out of the Whittaker fight, he won't fight Tyrone in his natural weight class, now he wants to fight Khabib? And what in the event if he were to beat him, he'd drop the belt most likely and fuck another division up. MW only saving grace was no one saw Bisping as the real champ in merit, everyone knew it was Whittaker so it wasn't that bad of a transition.

You simply do not get it - GSP's legacy is already as cemented as it could be. He is semi-retired. He is 37 years old. And he wants to do something different, and that is super fights. Woodley just ain't a superfight.
And if you think beating Woodley would cement GSP's legacy with the haters, you are wrong. Then they will say Woodley werent as good, and that GSP need to fight Whittaker and so on. The hate will continue, and so will the ignorance.
true, always some bum here saying the same, i remember the talking before the bisping fight, "but really if the guy beats the MW champion he will be the GOAT", now he needs to defeat a guy with 3 wins and a draw, or maybe 2 draws, at least for me, always the same stupid argument, guys GSP is a legend of this sport and the true GOAT with fedor, stop the hate and accept it

He shouldn't have retained it that night.
I'll complain. That's bullshit too. Anyone who holds up a division, keeping the real contenders waiting, is an asshole.

Wouldn't winning the welterweight title again be good for his legacy?

ya well you can put woodley and mcgregor in that that list too....woodley stayed out not defending his title for awhile for no good reason except doing his commentating job. nobodies saying woodley is a shitty fighter, i'm saying his title defenses don't come close to stacking up gainst hughes, as for gsp's well tyron isn't even close yet.

Cutting mad weight and fighting a champ in a lower weight class don't impress me much. A dominant champ is supposed to move up to challenge himself (which he did). GSP isn't pulling a Roy Jones Jr by going after smaller fighters.

GSP can do whatever he wants. But his choice will be judged by his fans. Ducking Tyron, and jumping up and down to avoid fighting him is just that, ducking, is not a good look.

Just my two cents...

you don't even know what ducking means bud.

If gsp was still champ and active fighting in the ww division, and tyron was calling him out and gsp was avoiding him or taking on other opponents in the division then he would be ducking tyron.

gsp isn't even an active fighter with the ufc right now, he's also not set to any specific division....just because tyron is asking for the fight and gsp has no interest does not mean he's ducking tyron.

gsp said he didn't want to come back to do what he already did, you know maybe tyron should've did more and talked more to the ufc when gsp was king of ww division and not wait until after gsp retired.

gsp has no obligation to fight anyone, also what if they fought and gsp beat him, then what fans like you would say now he has to beat the next best guy, and then after that another guy....it never ends.

Back