• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Georges St Pierre vs BJ Penn II January 31 2009

I was rooting for GSP. He’s always been one of my favorites.

If anyone remembers that era, BJ had the most annoying fan base on here at the time. They were so obnoxious I thought we would never see a fan base that bad again. Conor came along though and his fanbase blew that out of the water
Honestly I dont think that Canor has particularly obnoxious fans. It’s just kind of obnoxious that he gets such huge attention so many years removed from doing anything of real note in MMA or even cutting a witty promo.

Unfortunately I think the Diaz bro’s fanbase is still kind of with us. Now that has got to be the dumbest group of human beings on the planet.

Honestly I dont think that Canor has particularly obnoxious fans.
You definitely don't remember 2015 very well then. Conor would fart and 3 posters would make the same thread about it. They would also endlessly repeat the same lines over and over again, like head clean off, mystic mac, who the fuck is that guy, and on and on...

3241656041_125d5dc021_b.jpg

At the time it was one of the biggest fights in UFC history,between two of the most skilled fighers in mma history in their athletic prime. A great storyline leads into this one. Unfinished business between the two. What side were you on? What did you think of going into it,and what did you feel about the result?

I thought GSP was going to wreck him, especially after I saw the pre-show with GSP training his ass off doing round after round in the cage and BJ fucking around lifting rocks and walking under water then taking a holiday from his training just before the fight.

I was not disappointed.

Wanted BJ to win

BJ was basically a natural 145 fighter going up against the consensus (not my) GOAT at 170

GSP may be ahead of BJ in GOAT talk, but there is little doubt in my mind who is the better fighter p4p at their peak

Imagine GSP being the guy that could make 145 and going up against BJ being a natural 170 guy with shredded body fat?

He would be emasculated and wouldn't belong in the same cage

He would be emasculated and wouldn't belong in the same cage

You mean like BJ was in their second fight? He got his ass kicked, quit in between rounds then had his mommy testify in the athletic commission hearing... A more complete humiliation, I have never seen.

Meh GSP cheated and due to his popularity and PPV strength it was never properly addressed....I mean he was literally caught red handed greasing and was known for taking oil baths before fights...many other fighters said the same thing about GSP (greasy). But he got away with it and got the W.

Never properly addressed? What about all the athletic commission hearings stretching out over months. It was absolutely addressed.

Big fight. GSP by 4th round doctor stoppage. (Doctor being BJ's cornerman of course)

Lets call it like it is: BJ quit in that fight. He got his ass kicked and didn't want to take any more. It really was pathetic.

Traveled all the way to Vegas to watch this one at the MGM, rooted hard for BJ, but was pummeled.

Hell of a weekend though, Super Bowl was the following day if I remember correctly

You definitely don't remember 2015 very well then. Conor would fart and 3 posters would make the same thread about it. They would also endlessly repeat the same lines over and over again, like head clean off, mystic mac, who the fuck is that guy, and on and on...
Yeah but that shit was fun when Conor was on top. The build up to the Jose Aldo fight. Then the aftermath. The build up to the Eddie fight, and the aftermath. With him incredibly relevant the sport was very exciting. That’s not deniable. Now With him at the bottom of the barrel, things got a lot more boring.

@bjpenngoat

Was the worst night of his life..

Not at all. Knowing that georges had to cheat to win made that fight inconsequential to bj fans. The first fight was much harder to take because it was one of the ultimate historical robberies in the sport all time.

Back