Georges St-Pierre 'Very Disappointed' By Lack Of UFC Support

Interesting. Not to be confrontational, but do you have anything to back up these claims?

Namely in MLB and pro-cycling: I'm wondering how the Steroid Era, which arguably saved baseball, and Lance Armstrong, the ONLY household name cyclist in America, will cost the MLB and pro-cycling more money in the long run than the money they made off of these scandals.

since nobody can say for sure what would have happened without the PED eras in both sports, it is note a provable proposition

however, if we look at MLB, I am pretty sure that Bud Selig didn't think it was good for business when Congress (!) was investigating PED usage in the sport. in addition, I do disagree with the idea that the "steroid era" was good for baseball. Yes - the PED fueled home run race between McGuire and Sosa helped baseball's popularity post-strike. However, the PED era lasted throughout the 90's and into the early 2000's. that period had it's ups & downs but will mostly be remembered as the time period where the NFL became the clear #1 sport in the USA (that has nothing to do with PED's, I just think that the Steroid Era is remembered a little too fondly)

as for cycling, not a single guy can win a major Grand Tour today without the bulk of the discussion being whether or not they are clean (see: Froome, Chris and Horner, Chris). that's not good for business. furthermore, we are seeing major sponsorship issues with major team folding and even Saxo Bank (one of the sport's best teams and led by Alberto Contandor) unable to find a co-sponsor. Rabobank, a team that was in the sport for over 15 years ( a very long time for cycling) ending their sponsorship specifically citing PED scandals. Chris Horner, an American who became the oldest Grand Tour winner at about 40 just last month, can't get a newspaper line in the USA and is currently without a contract for next year. Business can't be good.

We speculate on some alternate history that both of those sports got serious about PED's in 1990 (and, where applicable, had the technology). What would have happened? Baseball would have been baseball without the Big Mac, Sosa, and Bonds HR records. Cycling would have been cycling just with guys going a little slower. Armstrong would never have won the Tour but he could have still been a good one day rider and got some publicity for competing post cancer. Some other guy would have won a bunch of Tours and cycling would have gotten a big boost wherever they were from. Lemond may have even won again in the early 90's.

1. Vada testing has come under a lot of fire lately after cases came up that look as though they wrongly gave positive tests, further rumors of corruption in Vada are growing more and more frequent

2. Dana and honestly the sport gain nothing by Vada testing at the level GSP wants. All it would do is tarnish the sport because positive tests would suddenly be happening all the time. Yet, even if everyone started passing fine, the sport gains nothing, noone really looks that deep into the testing to see how thorough it is

3. They are making a mountain of a mole hill here, making it out like GSP is more angry about this than he is. Noone was thrown under the bus, and GSP is not exactly throwing chairs around because of this.

Slightly off topic: What did Dana actually do to make it up to the fans? (No shot at Dana I actually don't remember) Because he said it repeatedly that he would do something for those who bought the PPV.

anderson vs wiedman

the GSP hate is undeniable in people.

GSP is saying he will do whatever testing there is, its hendricks that is dodging tests.

Facing up to your problems is always a better option than sweeping them under the rug.

The sooner the better.

Some real spin meister shit going on in this thread. I support GSP 100%, but the way some of you are attempting to paint this picture is questionable at best.

Back