• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Georges St-Pierre explains why he never fought Anderson Silva.

silva would have killed GSP he was afraid fought bisping cuz he was giftrd decision in Hometown

giphy.gif
That duck is adorable also he falls down like GSP did vs Matt Serra!

Dana is so stupid for not allowing more catchweight fights and Champ vs Champ fights. We could have had Anderson vs GSP, GSP vs Khabib, etc. But Dana fucked is out it.

Seems funny that former Welterweight Anderson was unwilling to move back down to 170lbs to fight GSP when Anderson later called out Conor McGregor to a fight at 170 lbs.

But go on about how GSP is a duck, and Anderson Silva isn't.

<BC1>
as far as i remeber it anderson offered to make the fight at 170 or a catch weight

lol they met once "Friends" only when a possible matchup was contemplated. gtfoh

lotta dumbasses on sherdog

Lmao at ur pathetic reply.
Cherry picking (ignoring Silva said Jones would win) and misinterpreting in one post. Learn to read before calling someone else a dumbass.

Everything i said is what Silva said himself. You can say Silva is full of shit but he said it. Thats all my post stated. What he said ... not what i believe.

Wait ...why am i even writing this. You probably got lost again in your own tiny little mind. Lol at ur dumbass comment. Maybe u were staring at a mirror.

He never saw a contract? If GSP requested the fight, Dana White would have personally got on his private jet, flew to Canada, and handed him the contract.

Stricter drug testing and catch weight? Yeah later in his career he tried to get stricter testing in place and did say if it was to happen it would be at catch weight. However early in his career he just told everyone fighting Silva would mean a permit move to MW

The fact is the fight never happened because GSP didn't want it enough which is fine, I just wished he would've been more honest about it. In my book GSP didn't duck Silva as he wasnt obligated to fight Silva just because the fans , media and the UFC wanted it. I suspect GSP likely didn't fight him because he wanted to make the most money at the peak of his career and fighting Silva (risk) wasn't worth the reward and he felt like if he told everyone that he wasn't interested it would kill his popularity

Anderson Silva flat out said he wasn't interested in Jon Jones which is fine by me too and realistically it was a mismatch in terms of size/age/record at the time. Silva was already pushing his late 30s when fans were wanting this match up with Jones. GSP was in late 20s and Silva was in his early 30s with similar records. Silva/GSP would have been a better match up with all things being considered

It's a shame it never happened but that's the UFC for you. They should've offered GSP money he couldn't refuse if they really wanted this fight

Last edited:
lol ok. I’m a fan I can state my opinion. Gsp is one of my favorite fighters but honestly he’s a bitch for not taking that fight I believe he could for sure win that. I would take that fight if I were him. Never bitched out of a fight even if I got my ass kicked. Bet you wouldn’t have that same energy in real life. I would knock your bitch ass out for sure.
Tough guy in the house
<YeahOKJen>

What's wrong with that? He was a WW, Anderson was a MW. Why are Anderson fans so adamant about fighting GSP? Do you guys realize you look bad doing this?

if there's nothing wrong with it, why isn't he saying it?
<BC1>

He never saw a contract? If GSP requested the fight, Dana White would have personally got on his private jet, flew to Canada, and handed him the contract.

Stricter drug testing and catch weight? Yeah later in his career he tried to get stricter testing in place and did say if it was to happen it would be at catch weight. However early in his career he just told everyone fighting Silva would mean a permit move to MW

The fact is the fight never happened because GSP didn't want it enough which is fine, I just wished he would've been more honest about it. In my book GSP didn't duck Silva as he wasnt obligated to. I suspsedt GSP likely didn't fight him because he wanted to make the most money at the peak of his career and fighting Silva (risk) wasn't worth the reward and he felt like if he told everyone that he wasn't interested it would kill his popularity

Anderson Silva flat out said he wasn't interested in Jon Jones which is fine by me too and realistically it was a mismatch in terms of size/age/record at the time. Silva was already pushing his late 30s when fans were wanting this match up with Jones. GSP was in late 20s and Silva was in his early 30s with similar records. Silva/GSP would have been a better match up with all things being considered
Anderson said he would cut to 170 for it...gsp said if he did, he would have no choice jn the matter and would have taken it. Its not up to the guy in the smaller division to go up in weight, cause the bigger guy is calling him out

Anderson Wanted GSP at MW. I never heard anything credible whatsoever to indicate he was interested in anything other than that.
At one point andy said he would go to 170 for it and gsp said he then would have no choice in the matter and would have taken it...but he didn't go.

as far as i remeber it anderson offered to make the fight at 170 or a catch weight
Thats right, Andy did say he would go to 170 for it, and gsp said if that was the case he wouldn't have a choice either way, and would have taken it. Andy didn't go

Thats right, Andy did say he would go to 170 for it, and gsp said if that was the case he wouldn't have a choice either way, and would have taken it. Andy didn't go
and at what point was it

That is not correct. Firas Zahabi in 2012/2013, said that GSP told the UFC after the Condit fight, that he was willing to fight Silva at 170 pounds for the WW title. GSP came on the Joe Rogan Show in 2013 and confirmed that. However, Anderson's trainer Rogerio Camoes and manager Ed Soares, countered with a Catchweight of 180 pounds to Dana White. GSP refused a fight at 180 pounds, but never 170 pounds. Ed Soares also confirmed this in an interview years ago. The Catchweight was going to be 180 pounds. GSP and his camp declined. GSP then fought Diaz in Montreal in 2013.

Back