• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Georges St-Pierre explains why he never fought Anderson Silva.

Anderson Wanted GSP at MW. I never heard anything credible whatsoever to indicate he was interested in anything other than that.
That's the way its supposed to work but Andy - FACT- was willing to go down 5.

I don't think it's fair to call GSP a duck, or anyone a duck for choosing to stay in their weight class and defend a belt. We've seen in more recent years how these super fights can mess up divisions. Plus Silva would have murdered him so he made the right choice.

I would argue he had everything to lose in terms of his legacy. You lose that fight people will never let you forget about it. It was a tough one.
I dont know about that - Andy was a -190 favorite if u wanted to bet a future ( if fight happened) and some depends on how the fight wouldve went down.

The only reason to avoid a massive pay day and add a legend to your resume is because you are very sure you will lose or half sure

If he was positive he would destroy Anderson then he would of fought him

quack, quack

was afraid no need to explain next

giphy.gif

Him waiting out going to MW till the weakest champ in recent memory got there and dipping out once he would have to defend against Bobby Knuckles speaks louder than words.

He answered that. He said they are friends and even if they weren't, Jones would best him.

Any other "butwhatabout" questions?

He just didn't want to fight. Some guys don't want to fight, and that's fine, and he didn't want to fight. It's okay if you don't want to fight, and if you don't want to fight you don't fight, and he just didn't want to fight.

GSP and his team knew he would be KOd stiff by Silva hence why GSP ducked Anderson for nearly 10 years

Seems funny that former Welterweight Anderson was unwilling to move back down to 170lbs to fight GSP when Anderson later called out Conor McGregor to a fight at 170 lbs.

But go on about how GSP is a duck, and Anderson Silva isn't.

<BC1>

Last edited:
I would argue he had everything to lose in terms of his legacy. You lose that fight people will never let you forget about it. It was a tough one.

Terms of legacy, how does it negatively affect his legacy? Tell me this is it better to lose to Silva or lose to Johnny Hendricks? It's so obvious he has way more to lose to Hendricks than to Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva is considered one of the GOAT's. I don't think it would hurt GSP legacy at all if he lost to Silva. In fact it would even elevate it, just because he had the balls to fight Anderson at his prime and who knows would have gave him a great competitive fight. Just imagine if he beat Anderson Silva. It would skyrocket his legacy like no other.

GSP was simply scared and that's a fact. He even says he's scared when he fights, so how much more someone like Anderson Silva who has spectacular KO power. I don't think less of him for being scared, I just want the honest truth of the matter to be revealed.

The guy had nothing to lose in terms of legacy at all in fighting Anderson Silva. And I truly believe that. Also why would he move up and fight Bisping years later and not fight Anderson Silva at the time? That to me shows he was absolutely scared of Anderson and took the fight against Bisping because it favored him.

GSP volunteered to undergo random VADA testing starting with the Condit fight and was talking about stricter testing from that point until the Hendricks fight; in summation, GSP was talking about drug testing while he was fighting. The fact that you're trying to pretend like history played out differently screams either ignorance or bias.

This is a fake narrative. VADA testing was not random at the time. The GSP/Hendricks debacle occured because Hendricks wanted to go through WADA testing through NSAC which included random testing.

This is a fake narrative. VADA testing was not random at the time. The GSP/Hendricks debacle occured because Hendricks wanted to go through WADA testing through NSAC which included random testing.
Wait...but I thought you said that GSP wasn't talking about drug testing while he was fighting?!

It is the one mega fight from that era that wasn’t... And it’s a shame. GSP wasn’t jumping for joy at the thought, but on the flipside it’s not like Anderson was ever jumping to Face Jones.

The difference to me is quite a few people believe GSP could beat Anderson (I personally would favour GSP over Anderson) but comparatively, much much fewer people would favour Anderson over Jones. I & many others saw it as a very winnable fight for the smaller guy, very very few would try to convince people that Anderson would beat Jones

The difference to me is quite a few people believe GSP could beat Anderson (I personally would favour GSP over Anderson) but comparatively, much much fewer people would favour Anderson over Jones. I & many others saw it as a very winnable fight for the smaller guy, very very few would try to convince people that Anderson would beat Jones
52/48 or so for Anderson.. Size difference was big.. GSP had to do what Sonnen did but obviously not get caught late..

GSP ducked Anderson
Anderson ducked Shogun
Am I right sherdog?
<5>

Wait...but I thought you said that GSP wasn't talking about drug testing while he was fighting?!

I said his opponents would bring it up. That was the context of GSP talking drug testing, to defend himself against accusations.

Ever heard of him calling for drug testing against Silva? No. Because it didn't happen.

GSP and his team knew he would be KOd stiff by Silva hence why GSP ducked Anderson for nearly 10 years
Just like Anderson never went vs JBJ. He knew Jones was going to put him on his back and rain elbows. So what's your point?

He answered that. He said they are friends and even if they weren't, Jones would best him.

Any other "butwhatabout" questions?
lol they met once "Friends" only when a possible matchup was contemplated. gtfoh

lotta dumbasses on sherdog

lol, revisionist history from gsp. he said at the time that anderson was too big for him. that was the main reason why the fight didn't materialize. it had nothing to do with drug testing. gsp felt he was at a disadvantage fighting a man bigger than him. anderson even agreed to fight between welterweight and middleweight, around the 177lbs. mark.

the bottom line is gsp thought he'd lose that fight. that's why it never happened.

Anderson wasn't beating GSP.
Anderson didn't hit nearly as hard as Juicy Hendricks did.

lol

GSP's last fight at 170 was around the same time Anderson lost his belt, so I don't buy the excuse that going up in weight would be a "career ender" for him at 170.

Back