Opinion George W Bush - Russia lunched invasion on Iraq

Bush was always one of the most honest American presidents:

And again in 2020. Welcome to America.

iu

iu
That’s not lack of IQ that’s just dementia

I realize none of us are fans of Bush here in the WR, but I still have to respect the man's ability to dodge shoes

GIF-220519_121326.gif

Russia , Iraq .. I mean Ukraine … how come Obama and Clinton is his best friends ?

GWB is such a POS.

NOBODY was held accountable for any of the war crimes committed by the US in this war.

Even Biden pushed for that shit. Pelosi knew about the torture programs and said nothing. All are complicit.

Real talk which family is the most corrupt? The Bushs, the Obamas, the Clintons or the Bidens.
Who made the most money I think Clinton’s followed by Obama’s bush is a push over easily manipulated dummy who only got into politics because of his dad. Dick Cheney made a lot of money off of him. I don’t think bush sat back and said let’s invade Iraq just to.. he got bad intel and actioned off that which Saddam was gassing his own people like the soccer team so how could you not think he had WMD.. now was that a reason to invade that’s debatable

It's hilarious, I appreciate the lolz and fact Dubya never changed but Iraq wasn't the decision of one man (Cheney?). It had the full fledged authorization and enthusiastic backing of US Congress including prominent Dems such as Biden and Hilldog. The only resistance of note to the invasion at the time was led by Nancy Pelosi, who represented a clear minority in her own chamber while the Senate was also 77-23 in favor.

While I'm certainly no fan of "Biden or Hilldog", nor the Democrats in general, there is a caveat to the statement bolded above.

You are correct that they all voted for the Invasion of Iraq, however they did so based on intelligence supplied by the Bush administration. Of course they should have been weary, given the Bush family involvement with the PNAC think tank and it's calls for a war in Iraq before Bush even took office, but nonetheless, at some point, you have to rely on the belief that other people are doing their jobs in a competent manner.

And in all honesty, it probably wouldn't have changed anything if there was a Dem in office (other than Pelosi and a few stragglers as you noted above) - as almost 90% of this country was screaming for blood after 9/11. The few who questioned the decision were labeled as 'traitors', 'terrorist sympathizers', and candidates for a firing squad - which almost entirely came from the political party that claims to be uber patriotic with their support the troops slogans and yellow ribbons everywhere.

Funny thing is, most all of those conservatives nowadays completely acknowledge what a shit show that was - acting as if they were against the invasion of Iraq all along. I suspect we will see the same phenomena with Trump. 50 years from now all of the original Trump supporters will act as if they always knew the guy was a disaster.

oof...but i bet good old george w sleeps like a baby

While I'm certainly no fan of "Biden or Hilldog", nor the Democrats in general, there is a caveat to the statement bolded above.

You are correct that they all voted for the Invasion of Iraq, however they did so based on intelligence supplied by the Bush administration. Of course they should have been weary, given the Bush family involvement with the PNAC think tank and it's calls for a war in Iraq before Bush even took office, but nonetheless, at some point, you have to rely on the belief that other people are doing their jobs in a competent manner.

And in all honesty, it probably wouldn't have changed anything if there was a Dem in office (other than Pelosi and a few stragglers as you noted above) - as almost 90% of this country was screaming for blood after 9/11. The few who questioned the decision were labeled as 'traitors', 'terrorist sympathizers', and candidates for a firing squad - which almost entirely came from the political party that claims to be uber patriotic with their support the troops slogans and yellow ribbons everywhere.

Funny thing is, most all of those conservatives nowadays completely acknowledge what a shit show that was - acting as if they were against the invasion of Iraq all along. I suspect we will see the same phenomena with Trump. 50 years from now all of the original Trump supporters will act as if they always knew the guy was a disaster.

"As the ranking Democrat on the House Select Committee on Intelligence, I have seen no evidence or intelligence that suggests that Iraq indeed poses an imminent threat to our nation. If the Administration has that information, they have not shared it with Congress." ~ Nancy Pelosi, 2002

GWB is such a POS.

NOBODY was held accountable for any of the war crimes committed by the US in this war.

Even Biden pushed for that shit. Pelosi knew about the torture programs and said nothing. All are complicit.

To be fair, they pushed for that shit because the Bush administration claimed to have intelligence pointing to Iraq.

You could say the same about the American people. Bloodlust was at an all time high and practically the entire country wanted revenge. Again, based on intelligence provided by Bush and the neocons.

But I agree with you - they should be held accountable. However they insulate themselves utilizing the bureaucracy. I mean, if we can use RICO statutes to put a mafia boss in prison because of his affiliation with an organization, why can we not do the same to politicians who engage in all kinds of devious behavior for their own personal benefit?

"As the ranking Democrat on the House Select Committee on Intelligence, I have seen no evidence or intelligence that suggests that Iraq indeed poses an imminent threat to our nation. If the Administration has that information, they have not shared it with Congress." ~ Nancy Pelosi, 2002

Good on her, but not sure what you are trying to say?

Did you watch the news circa 2001-2002? Everything was "Iraq" and "WMDs" and "Support the troops" - most all of which was information supplied by the Bush administration, so it's not like it was a secret that they were pushing the Iraq narrative. Apparently Pelosi seems to have been one of the few to actually step back and say "wait a minute, this doesn't add up".

Honestly though, all of them are a bunch of lames. They function almost entirely with a service to self disposition, which of course is the American way of disguising selfishness as a virtue, calling it individualism.

It's hilarious, I appreciate the lolz and fact Dubya never changed but Iraq wasn't the decision of one man (Cheney?). It had the full fledged authorization and enthusiastic backing of US Congress including prominent Dems such as Biden and Hilldog. The only resistance of note to the invasion at the time was led by Nancy Pelosi, who represented a clear minority in her own chamber while the Senate was also 77-23 in favor.
If there was a bad foreign policy decision made in the last 2 decades you can bet your ass those 2 voted in favor of it.

Good on her, but not sure what you are trying to say?

She was fed the same intel by the Admin, called bullshit and voted against the war. Pelosi is not great but she was correct on the two biggest US foreign policy blunders of our lifetimes, with the other being a prolonged debate and dogfight over engagement with China. We will never see another politician trash a sitting POTUS of their own party the way she repeatedly did with Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

To be fair, they pushed for that shit because the Bush administration claimed to have intelligence pointing to Iraq.

You could say the same about the American people. Bloodlust was at an all time high and practically the entire country wanted revenge. Again, based on intelligence provided by Bush and the neocons.

But I agree with you - they should be held accountable. However they insulate themselves utilizing the bureaucracy. I mean, if we can use RICO statutes to put a mafia boss in prison because of his affiliation with an organization, why can we not do the same to politicians who engage in all kinds of devious behavior for their own personal benefit?
I was in high school and could figure out the premise for this war was bullshit. I'm not giving them excuses, the "intelligence" was fugazi. There was plenty of contrary opinions on this at the time.

Now a lot of the people responsible have been folded into the Democratic side ironically.

She was fed the same intel by the Admin, called bullshit and voted against the war. Pelosi is not great but she was correct on the two biggest US foreign policy blunders of our lifetimes, with the other being a prolonged debate and dogfight over engagement with China. We will never see another politician trash a sitting POTUS of their own party the way she repeatedly did with Bill Clinton in the 1990s.
If she was so correct, how come she didn't impeach W the same way she impeached Trump?

Whats funny is he is younger than the last 2 presidents lol - get old people the fuck outta government

Back