• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social George Floyd statue unveiled at Newark City Hall in New Jersey weighs 700 pounds

Guesses on how many years in prison someone will get for defacing it? 10 years? 20?

Kind of hard to argue that, when its literally a giant bronze statue of him.

Well, I know the statue is made in his likeness, but what has he done to merit a monument to him? That was more of what I was trying to say.

Well, I know the statue is made in his likeness, but what has he done to merit a monument to him? That was more of what I was trying to say.

I understand your argument, but I believe it's one of semantics, and doesn't pass the pub test or occam's razor.

The semantics are: It's not of him, it's of his deeds or what happened to him. Yet, it's a huge fucking statue of him. Of George Floyd. Anyone can be deconstructed into some abstract parts but it doesn't change what they have made.

That's why everyone is making fun of it. Its a stupid statue. There are a billion better ways to pay homage to civil rights struggles.

I mean, the chick that he smashed on video was pretty fit sooo..... Nice?

Tearing statutes like Columbus or such similar ones and while spray painting on US Veterans but a city puts a statue like this?

Trying him into a martyr is wrong.

To be fair, Columbus is a horrible example.
He raped, pillaged, and killed a lot of people.

If anyone tries to to destroy or bring down this kind of statue you will have problary Antifa, BLM trying to chase or cancel you and paint as racist, hateful....

Well this is what the far leftist democrats voted for in their areas...

Newark is thriving.

Every year I think we've reached the peak of the stupidity and insanity but every year just piles on more and more.

I am in the same boat. I mistakenly think that the latest SJW stupidity is finally going to put a nail in the coffin and yet this foolishness just continues on and gets more and more bizarre.

To be fair, Columbus is a horrible example.
He raped, pillaged, and killed a lot of people.

And if he lived in modern times nobody would have built statues to him. It's better to leave the statues in place but to also educate people on what the times were like.

You guys know it's not really a shrine to him as a person, right? It's a shrine to what his death was able to give them for their narrative. They tried hard with the Ahmad Arbery shooting, but that didn't take off they way they hoped due to the facts of the case. But George Floyd's death gave them everything they were looking for and they exploited every last bit of it. Ask Tamir Rice's mom or Michael Brown's dad how much BLM has shown them they actually care about the people behind the names they claim to be fighting for justice for.
It's both. They wouldn't give a shit if the exact same thing happened to someone who wasn't the model democrat voter with a violent criminal history, blasted on drugs all day trying steal shit from shop owners.

I hope they build a monument for Mklia Bryan next with a statue in mid stabbing motion.

I am in the same boat. I mistakenly think that the latest SJW stupidity is finally going to put a nail in the coffin and yet this foolishness just continues on and gets more and more bizarre.
I will get some slick for this but its like seeing a internet fiction story come into reality.

What's the over/under on how many murders are committed within a block of that thing in the next year?

If they can't even make a safe MLK boulevard anywhere in the country, imagine the unspeakable horrors that'll be going on around George Kirby monuments.

I guess he’s allowed to say it without getting canceled:

Every year I think we've reached the peak of the stupidity and insanity but every year just piles on more and more.

The Conservative party will never die so long as this dumb shit keeps happening. People will just get sick of the woke bullshit and step across the line, even if they don't fundamentally agree with all of their principles.

Back