• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2017

Dern actually outstruck Roy. No way they let her fight Andrea Lee. KGB is bigger, a much better striker and would knock her out. Anders was just far too athletic for Kirk.

No idea how Miletich or the one judge scored that 30-27 for Rodriguez. I don't regret the play on Junior there. Far closer to finishing and very close to winning the decision. I think 29-28 either way was proper there.

i think that is a misstake, the grappling disparity will be enormous, and the only way holloway realisticly wins is by finish, aldo is just way to seasoned to let holloway run away with a 25 minute decision considering the only threat he offers is a striking one, and the way holloway fights that's going to be in the pocket, preferably against the cage. people who have purely tried to pressure aldo in the past haven't fared well at all.

bottomline, i see a finish in this fight, mostly because holloway will be willin to go out on his shield trying to finish aldo. way to many contenders in the division to think that holloway isn't going to have to take a number if he loses.

Boring

i think that is a misstake, the grappling disparity will be enormous, and the only way holloway realisticly wins is by finish, aldo is just way to seasoned to let holloway run away with a 25 minute decision considering the only threat he offers is a striking one, and the way holloway fights that's going to be in the pocket, preferably against the cage. people who have purely tried to pressure aldo in the past haven't fared well at all.

bottomline, i see a finish in this fight, mostly because holloway will be willin to go out on his shield trying to finish aldo. way to many contenders in the division to think that holloway isn't going to have to take a number if he loses.

I hear you, but I do think this goes over more often than not. Aldo's only real finish in the UFC was the knee against Mendes and that was now over 5 years ago. On top of that Holloway has proven himself to be extremely durable. I also have a hard time seeing this hit the mat for any length of time, so I'm not sure the grappling disparity will even be a factor. All of that said, Holloway has been pretty reckless at times (the end of the Lamas fight being the most glaring example). I'm expecting the price to get worse, so as I said, I may hedge some off closer to the fight.

I hear you, but I do think this goes over more often than not. Aldo's only real finish in the UFC was the knee against Mendes and that was now over 5 years ago. On top of that Holloway has proven himself to be extremely durable. I also have a hard time seeing this hit the mat for any length of time, so I'm not sure the grappling disparity will even be a factor. All of that said, Holloway has been pretty reckless at times (the end of the Lamas fight being the most glaring example). I'm expecting the price to get worse, so as I said, I may hedge some off closer to the fight.

You have to understand that Plekz literally thinks Aldo is a God. Plekz has good insight and knows MMA well, but his views on Aldo are skewed.

Aldo is great, there's no question. I just think from what I've read from Plekz over the years he's elevated him to superhuman status.

(And...I'd bet Aldo at current odds vs Conor even at LW. I favor Conor but odds are out of whack. The first fight really doesn't give much to take away other than that Conor can crack Aldo's chin if he lands. So I'm no Aldo hater at all. Guy is brilliant. He's just not Superman like Plekz thinks he is.)

Plekz argued aldo over conor for months wrote essay after essay and then he got ko'd in 12 secs lmao

Lol at Aldo/Holloway finishing ITD and if its a fighter finishing, I see Holloway more than I do Aldo.

Quick correction

Plekz argued Aldo over Conor with JB* for months

Was a glorious 12 seconds for me :D

Oh no dude, you just THOUGHT you were exclusive with Plekz. That dude was runnin' 'round on you the WHOLE time. He was a straight up whore. Didn't even have to be people betting and picking Conor. Basically anyone not thinking Aldo should be favored were fair game.

I was kinda torn on that fight, took a pass. But even I was arguing with Plekz that he was being unreasonable in being so sure Aldo's chin would hold up. At that weight class, if Conor lands guys go down.

So I do agree, Eddie is the better boxer and more skilled BUT...

...Eddie undermines his own skills way too often. He'll slip a punch, throw a nice return shot (or even combo), but then NOT reset! He stays in the pocket a beat too long and ends up eating more punches than he should given his abilities. It seems like this should be a somewhat easy fix, but he's done it forever. Nowhere was this more evident than vs Cerrone.

I'd be wary as hell going big on Eddie here. If forced I'd probably pick him, but Dustin hits hard and Eddie is SUPER hittable. I don't think this line is really that far off.

marathonbet got lb up for fight nights global, emanuel newton coming up next

think this is free to watch on fight pass

You have to understand that Plekz literally thinks Aldo is a God. Plekz has good insight and knows MMA well, but his views on Aldo are skewed.

Aldo is great, there's no question. I just think from what I've read from Plekz over the years he's elevated him to superhuman status.

(And...I'd bet Aldo at current odds vs Conor even at LW. I favor Conor but odds are out of whack. The first fight really doesn't give much to take away other than that Conor can crack Aldo's chin if he lands. So I'm no Aldo hater at all. Guy is brilliant. He's just not Superman like Plekz thinks he is.)
100% this.

So I do agree, Eddie is the better boxer and more skilled BUT...

...Eddie undermines his own skills way too often. He'll slip a punch, throw a nice return shot (or even combo), but then NOT reset! He stays in the pocket a beat too long and ends up eating more punches than he should given his abilities. It seems like this should be a somewhat easy fix, but he's done it forever. Nowhere was this more evident than vs Cerrone.

I'd be wary as hell going big on Eddie here. If forced I'd probably pick him, but Dustin hits hard and Eddie is SUPER hittable. I don't think this line is really that far off.

I think both fighters can give each other trouble everywhere. Pretty much a pick em to me.

Back