General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

I was thinking about open scoring recently. Although it would be great from a spectating perspective, I feel it would destroy live betting value. If it's known to everyone that a fighter is up 2 rounds his line is going to be juiced to hell whereas there's ambiguity on scoring with the way it is now. Thoughts?

It would kill the entertainment too. Part of what makes this sport exciting is the unknown
Glory have tried it and it doesn't work from what I've read but I don't follow kickboxing at all to know myself.

I think it will make fights more boring through cruising a round rather than light a fire under the 'losing' fighter...I think it's one of those things that sound great on paper but will be terrible in reality. A Canelo fight had it too and it killed the aura of that one. Might have been v trout

It would kill the entertainment too. Part of what makes this sport exciting is the unknown
Glory have tried it and it doesn't work from what I've read but I don't follow kickboxing at all to know myself.

I think it will make fights more boring through cruising a round rather than light a fire under the 'losing' fighter...I think it's one of those things that sound great on paper but will be terrible in reality. A Canelo fight had it too and it killed the aura of that one. Might have been v trout
I think it works in Glory because the fights are so quick, just three 3-minute rounds except for title fights. And the corners rarely seem to pay attention to the open scoring announcement by the commentators and on screen, especially since it doesn't usually happen until 30 or so seconds into the next round. So it's not like they get instantaneous feedback after round 1 while they are in the corner and can talk about it. By the time they get to the break between round 2 & round 3 the fight is almost over and they have maybe one score card if they are even paying attention.

Many fighters released from UFC after shit performances:

Juan Adams got cut too. Weird Tafa received a longer medical suspension than Adams though wtf?

Last edited:
Am I missing something about Texas?

How do Tafa and Shevchenko have longer medical suspensions than the people they Tkoed?
*Edit Journey Newson also got 6 months while Domingo only got 2? What the hell?
I guess these are subject to change but it just seems odd.

Last edited:
I’ve hit Ferg to win via TKO Rd 4 $41 & TKO Rd 5 $51
These odds are crazy

I was thinking about open scoring recently. Although it would be great from a spectating perspective, I feel it would destroy live betting value. If it's known to everyone that a fighter is up 2 rounds his line is going to be juiced to hell whereas there's ambiguity on scoring with the way it is now. Thoughts?

I agree. On the other hand I think we would see more urgency in the 3rd round when guys know they need a finish.

I had large bets on shazbazyan. Now that fight vs brunson has been postponed to april. Will that make all bets void?

I had large bets on shazbazyan. Now that fight vs brunson has been postponed to april. Will that make all bets void?

Usually not. But depends on the bookie, they usually say they don't void bets for 30 days incase a fight is rescheduled.

Amanda Ribas vs Markos mismatch. Waiting for odds on this one. Same as Yan KK. Mother times has caught up Markos and barely making weight.

Personally I thought the Ribas/Markos line should be much closer, it opened with Ribas at 1.31 which is completely absurd.

Still sad about missing out on the free money that was to be Ribas/PVZ :(

Ouch she looks worse than the main event fighters. Now I feel kinda bad. Shout out to KK for going bell to bell lot of heart and it made my night with my decision parlay.

Back