• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gave a girl at work flowers, she acted disgusted

ScriptReadsMe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I decided out of the blue to give a co-worker of mine a bouquet of flowers as a token of my appreciation for her. She looked disgusted and other employees questioned my act, as if I had just shot someone! How do you get punished for a kind and innocent act?? But someone else can walk naked around town to protest something and they are applauded lol.

sob.jpg

By the way, the flowers were just left laying there and some other employee picked them up and took the time to place them in a vase filled with water. What do you think Sherdog, did the other employee earn herself another bouquet?

edit: some of the posters seem to think there is only one kind of flower in the world and that it's called a rose. they also seem to think there's only mothers and sexual partners. that's poor sight if not ignorance. the bouquet i gave her was handpicked by the florist and I asked him for something that screams strength, independence and joy. pretty far from the rose. you wouldn't bring a rose to a funeral, right?

Last edited:
You're either not very good looking or you have zero social understanding of how people and things work, that's why she acted disgusted. Also, you did not give those flowers to her as a token of 'appreciation' is another reason why she was not keen on accepting them.

I've given thought to doing exactly this for some of the women at work in the Staffing office

But for these exact reasons, I won't.
Too costly for a few quizzical responses, at least one hostile reaction, and one appreciative person

Kind and innocent lol. Don't kid yourself.

I've given thought to doing exactly this for some of the women at work in the Staffing office

But for these exact reasons, I won't.
Too costly for a few quizzical responses, at least one hostile reaction, and one appreciative person
These days they punish you for your own virtues

A guy giving flowers to a girl is interpreted in one way by the girl, so now you know.

If it truly is about appreciation give a gift card to a restaurant and a hand written thank-you and give it discreetly. Flowers are too "showy" and is about you as much as it is the receiver and can/will be misread. Also flowers are more for the 40yo+ set, their generational thing. Millennial's don't want flowers.

These days they punish you for your own virtues
Ah, what's virtuous, or rather, what people are comfortable with changes.
I used to open the door for women and stand up when they entered a room, that's how I was raised.
Not anymore! I learned the hard way that those things are now frowned upon.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Guy can't do anything now a days without some hashtag, third wave, triggered, how-dare-you bullshit.

Make some noise TS, let them know it was just a nice gesture, and they can go fuck themselves.

giphy.gif

...oh, and fuck ALL of their Moms. @pcptornado

Lmao. Should have told her to eat shit for not appreciating the gift.

You're either not very good looking or you have zero social understanding of how people and things work, that's why she acted disgusted. Also, you did not give those flowers to her as a token of 'appreciation' is another reason why she was not keen on accepting them.
Exactly. Flowers imply some amount of intimacy or at least a desire for intimacy. TS knows that, but just wanted to test the waters without risking rejection and got rejected anyway.

If you want to give a female coworker a token of appreciation, you give them some food or something. And you don't take them out for it. Just some chocolate or whatever. Or, a safer bet, you just say "thanks. I really appreciate the work you are doing."

You've never given flowers to anyone?
Yeah, my mom and girls I wanted to bone.

Your reaction to her rejecting your flowers was too strong for it to just be an "innocent" thing you wanted to do.

Exactly. Flowers imply some amount of intimacy or at least a desire for intimacy. TS knows that, but just wanted to test the waters without risking rejection and got rejected anyway.

If you want to give a female coworker a token of appreciation, you give them some food or something. And you don't take them out for it. Just some chocolate or whatever. Or, a safer bet, you just say "thanks. I really appreciate the work you are doing."

But then you are told that actions speak louder than mere words lol. and again, one gets punished for his virtue

Flowers are never a good idea. Just show her your weiner.

But then you are told that actions speak louder than mere words lol. and again, one gets punished for his virtue
Oh, what a load of shit this post is. Nobody has ever said that after someone told them they appreciated the work they were doing. And even if it were true, flowers are not the way to go.

Back