Gattaca vs Dark City

We loved it so much that we made it a tradition on my high school swim team to have a carb-loading spaghetti night where we watched it every year before championships.
"This is how I did it. I never saved anything for the swim back."
tumblr_n2i1gkHHAp1qiy70eo2_250.gif

One of the most inspirational movies of all time.

+1

But the other powerful theme of the movie is that no one accomplishes anything great without good people helping them along the way.

Jerome: I got the better end of the deal - I only lent you my body. You lent me your dream.

Dr. Lamar: For future reference, right handed men don't hold it with their left. Just one of those things. [overrides test result to "valid"]. You don't want to miss your flight, Vincent.

Both are 90s scifi films with elements of noir, though dark city leans into it and the aesthetic a bit more.

Plots are overall pretty different. But both executed very well.

AuHbFy7d25NUgU9ane25nXeKeVK.jpg

Dark-City-1998-film-images-107269b7-232d-4da7-84e9-f98363b2106.jpg

I think highly of both films. Personally though I'll say Gattaca syncs up with me a bit more.

Which do you prefer.
Josh Hartnett and Ethan Hawke are the same person

Change my mind.

Dark City by a mile for me. Dark tone, cool plot, good actors, awesome and unforgettable setting and atmosphere.

Visually it's an absolute masterpiece. I remember thinking so even as a dumb teen that didn't really know anything about movies.

Back