Gator Wrestling for conditioning

• Thread starter black_samurai**
  • Start date
B

black_samurai**

I'am thinking about applying for a job as a gator handling at gator land in orlando would it be good for conditioning or a waste of time?

Honestly I can not give a responce to this.

Everything that came to my mind was a joke.......Gator wrestling? LOL

Those of us who A) live in Florida, and B) Have respect for Native culture, as well as D) might BE Native and understand why you would even make this thread might understand a thing or two.

It's actually a pretty good idea. The Seminole Gator Wrestlers are pretty tough in-general. Reason being is that every time they handle a large Gator their life is on the line and there's not much room for fuck-ups. There's also a pretty complex set of rules as to what you can and can't get away with on an animal that is absolutely not going to cooperate with you. I say go for it, if anything just to be able to say you've done it.

What do you actually do for it? I have no diea what you would do, how you would train for it or how taxing it would be, so i cannot answer your question.

It depends on what he's going to be doing. If he's going to be performing as an "Alligator Wrestler" there's certain ways they handle the Alligator and do things to wow the crowd, like getting it to open it's mouth, putting your head in it's mouth, petting it's tongue, all kinds of silly shit like that. But the bigger animals are far stronger than we are in that respective environment, and faster, so you have to know what to do and be able to pull-it-off if something goes horribly wrong.

It'd be cool to say that you were a Gator Wrestler. DO IT!

Air conditioning ruined Florida. Gators have made a comeback but pretty soon the only place you'll be able to see them is Gator land or Busch Gardens and the retirement community pond...

I think if your going to wrestle a gator for entertainment you should have to start with the Gator in your guard.

lol That'd be cheating. You have to be able to close the distance and score a takedown.

Gators are pretty fucking common down here. There's even some canals where they warn you if you live right on the water and leave your porch light on at night, when you awaken the next morning your yard is going to be littered with gators.

I didnt mean any disrespect by my responce I just see putting yourself at verry high risk of injury and possibly death in order to train is a little extreme in my eyes.

I somehow doubt that losing an arm would do much for your conditioning, but if you did become a gator wrestler and then became an mma competitor your opponents would be terrified of going to the ground with you.

Uhh Smashius. You do realize your Av is of Juggernaut and your sig is of Hulk. If I were muerteverde up there I'd be offended. lol

King Kabuki said:
Uhh Shamshius. You do realize your Av is of Juggernaut and your sig is of Hulk. If I were muerteverde up there I'd be offended. lol
Yeah I'm aware of it, I'm an x-men fan and the sig is actually a reference to my love of using double hammer fist strikes in G'nP.

It's exercise, it'll increase your reflexes, and "I wrestle alligators" would be pretty damn cool to say.

GO FOR IT

King Kabuki said:
Uhh Shamshius. You do realize your Av is of Juggernaut and your sig is of Hulk. If I were muerteverde up there I'd be offended. lol

I didn't notice until you just pointed it out. :)

Man, wikipedia has an ultimate comics guide that I found a few weeks ago. I downloaded the pages and spent so many hours reading and rereading about the Hulk and the X-Men I am surprised I am still passing any of my classes. You (anyone interested) shoudl check it out. Just type in the name of any comics character and start following the links. It has bios and thousands of characters, stories, pics, links to fansites for hundreds of them.

hahah i just think of the scene from Joe Dirt "rule number 1, i'm number 1"

I'd say go for it, but be careful. I doubt many people put with the kind of danger that gator wrestling entails just to "get in shape."

Back