Gaston Glock 94 - RIP

Functional perfection with the body of a Lego block. That’s how I will remember you.

Rest in Peace

You were the Father of the Striker fired handgun for all intents and purposes. And you will be missed.

really? always thought the triggers were quite shitty. even some of the upgraded ones i've tried were bad

I've been told this before and I hear people say it all the time but they just feel right to me. It's what I learned on , it's what I carry and I kinda got an if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality here.

My first gun! It's not sexy, but it is functional and will last.

I understand why gun enthusiasts don't love it, but for someone who isn't - it's fantastic.

RIP to Mr. Glock.

it's not a beautiful gun, it's not like a Luger that looks like it's made by the gods of aesthetics and every piston movement is a lesson in perfection, but it's a goddamn great gun. i don't know a single gun person who knows their craft that doesn't have a Glock somewhere in his top 5 guns. it's not gonna be their favorite, but it's always going to be there.

So according to what I know about the Glock, which I learned from watching US Marshals, you can pour sand in them, swim under water, etc., and they’ll still shoot. Is that true?

Also, I might get a pistol for fun and home defense. What do you think of the beretta? Better than a Glock? Worse?
Both are quality manufacturers. Glock will always be Glock and you can’t go wrong, but all things considered, a lot of other makers have caught up with Gaston’s perfect pistol. The Beretta APX A1 is on my short list of pistols that give Glock performance and safety without the price.
I was at my local shop. This guy walks in with a shirt that read:

John&
Eugene&
Mikhail&
Gaston.

Heh.

I'm not knocking Glock. I own a few and they're ok. As for Gaston, he knew little to nothing of firearms. He initially had a cottage industry manufacturing shower curtain rings out of his garage for the Austrian Army. Then, he got a contract to manufacture field knives for them (which led to the 17). He knew a bit about polymer, which was used in both. However, when it came to the polymer requirements for the 17, he used employees from the camera industry to design a formula, as that was out of his league.
There’s an old saying…….

God made man.
Samuel Colt made them equal.

Isn't the Glock one of the most widely used firearms by LEO agencies?
Yes. Glock’s reliability along with the Blue Label program that gave decent discounts pretty much made it a no brainer for PD’s to adopt. Other makers at the time didn’t quite have the striker fired kinks worked out of their designs yet. (Smith and Wesson Sigma…yuck.)

Much like Apple. Now that a lot of the patents that made Glock unique lapsed. Many other manufacturers copied Glock’s homework and came out with offerings just as reliable at more reasonable prices. And as with Apple, the competitors are now surpassing Glock with features Glock adopts after the fact.

CZ, S&W, Beretta, Canik, Sig Sauer, HK, and Walther are all brands people can buy now and have zero fear of not having a quality pistol. And regularly make the “Top …” lists. But at the end of the day, Glock is still Glock. They command the lion’s share of the aftermarket. If it’s an accessory, it was probably;y designed for Glock first.

Both are quality manufacturers. Glock will always be Glock and you can’t go wrong, but all things considered, a lot of other makers have caught up with Gaston’s perfect pistol. The Beretta APX A1 is on my short list of pistols that give Glock performance and safety without the price.

There’s an old saying…….

God made man.
Hell yeah. Thank you.

My gay country doesn't let you have pistols. Why is a glock so special? They look cool as fuck but thats where my knowledge ends

It's predominantly in the design, durability, and ease of operation; very arguably the most reliable handguns ever constructed. Glock didn't invent striker-fired (nor polymer) pistols, but is most certainly responsible for the 'revolution' that popularized them. Clones are everywhere now, damn near every gunmaker has their own models on the market and there's essentially parity where quality is concerned but Glock had first mover advantage and reaps the benefits of a loyal customer base.

Why was this moved to the WR?

There’s an old saying…….

God made man.

"This is the greatest handgun ever made, the Colt Single Action Army. Six bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back