Gastelum thrown to the wolves?

This is a fine matchup. I'd say they're fairly evenly matched.

McGee by UD.

fighting court mcgee is getting thrown to the wolves? Didn't that one guy get Thiago Alves for his debut?

When was there ever a nuthugger for Court McGee on here? Overrated and a staple of the pit team, he has his allowances by the UFC to have his losses not give him his walking papers unless it is 3 losses in a row, which then they MAY have a look into.

Gastelum is my pick for sure, he's looked awesome in his last fight at 170 which I wasn't even sure he would do well at (but apparently that's his normal weight class)

Whittaker beat McGee, I don't care what anyone says. Court evolved into Leonard Garcia halfway through that fight and was punching the shit out of air. I fully expect Gastelum to finish him.

I'm still bitter about the McGee/Whittaker fight, Robert broke his hand and was landing the harder shots, McGee was doing a great job of keeping up the pressure though.
Kelvin is a bad match-up for Court, who won't stop the takedown and is once again on a power disadvantage.

Most of Courts wins in the UFC were against guys who have been released since. His best win is probably Josh Neer who was finished in the first round in his two previous fights, Court only decisioned him.

Kelvin is bigger, stronger, more athletic. I think it is a fair matchup

Court McGee being anything beyond a mid tier fighter or at best a gatekeeper would REALLY surprise me.

Like Really.

... like this

tumblr_ly4u74Lye31qii6tmo1_250.gif

McGee already derailed Whittaker. Not an easy fight for anyone.

This is a perfect match up for both guys. Even though Court has proven himself with somewhat more reputable opponents, this is exactly the type of fight Gastelum needs right now. It might not be the fight Court needs or wants, and the hype surrounding Gastelum is probably why. Anyway, hope Gastelum shows he's a level above Court and we can have a new guy in there at 170 to look for

Mcgee is a good fight for Gastelum, he can handle it. I don't think he will be thrown to the wolves.
For Gastelum it's a good change to prove what's he worth.

yes, fighting a TUF'er is being thrown to the wolves.

If the UFC was based on looks Kelvin would be fighting GSP but I jsut don't think he has the fight IQ yet. He is gonna get picked apart on a cerebral level.

If anything going up against Hall after he had been crushing guys and taking the fight to him and winning proves he is mentally tough or at least he didn't let it get to him.

I didn't know what Kelvin's next fight was going to be, so when i clicked on this thread i thought they had matched him up with Ellenberger or something. Boy am i relieved. What the hell TS. :icon_lol:

That was my favorite fight of that whole season. That Josh Samman guy was painfully unlikable to me and I loved it when he got ragdolled, rolled, and choked. That was a really quick tap too.

The kid is a straight brute, he can hang with the best of em, he will be top 10 in less than 2 years.

Back