Gastelum thrown to the wolves?

What's with everyone shitting on McGee? I don't think anyone has ever really looked good fighting him. The guy isn't great at anything, but component everywhere. Couple that with a good jaw and cardio, you have a problem for every fighter outside the top 10.

I'm favoring Kelvin though, the guy always manages to rise to the occasion. If he can finish McGee, and that's a huge if, he'll be making a statement in the WW division.

McGee is ok, he just isn't really a wolf. More like a mid-tier gatekeeper. I don't think he could ever be champ.

And please tell me "component" was an auto-correct issue or something...

This one might be close, but I got Kevin Gastelum... He's one of the 3 hottest welterweight prospects right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he knocked out or tko'd a veteran Mcgee...

I wouldn't call being matched up with McGee being thrown to the wolves. It's a winnable fight. Not an easy fight, but he has a decent shot. It's a good match up for a guy who's shown he can hang in the UFC already.

Kevin Gastelum is a beast, too. It is a good match up for us fans.

Yes, i do believe that.

Paulo Thiago has not been looking any good lately, he is on a clear decline in my humble opinion. His win over Trator was far from impressive, he was already very tired by the second round. I do believe that his time working as a cop is going against his fighting career, it is hard to keep up with the guys that are going to the gym 3 times a day, 5-6 days/week.

Mcgee may not look impressive all the time, obviously has flaws, but he has always been a tough fight for everyone who stepped in there with him and he's still evolving. He's a very active fighter with good cardio, and he showed a lot of improvement and variety on his striking technique against Whittaker IMO. He's also a pressure kind of fighter, who will keep going till the bell rings just like Gastelum, outworking people and winning rounds.
And i think he found his real weight class now.

I wouldn't bet on Paulo beating Mcgee, Whittaker or Gastelum nowadays.

TUF > BOPE, sadly.
I agree.

I applaud them for making fights depending on the potential they see, not treating every prospect the same, since they aren't. Some prospects need more time to grow than others, while f.e. Gastelum & Conor are ready for the next step.

Gastellum has proven himself to be an incredibly competent fighter. He is not being thrown to the wolves he is being given a big shot here. If he wins this fight he is 1 maybe 2 fights away max from a title fight

Lol no way. He's not even close to a title shot.

McGee is ok, he just isn't really a wolf. More like a mid-tier gatekeeper. I don't think he could ever be champ.

And please tell me "component" was an auto-correct issue or something...

I think it's pretty obvious what the correct term was - competent. I don't proof read everything here, but there were enough context clues in the entire post to understand my meaning.

It's hard to say, "he'll never be champ". Matt Brown was barely sporting a winning record not too long ago and now he's broken into the top 10. Sure, I don't personally think Court will see UFC gold, but then again I never thought I would see Mark Hunt in a title eliminator after McCorkle submitted him.

i think mini cain will be moving up the ranks real fast.
the kid is very good.
he will defeat court without too much trouble.

war mini cain!

I went fron not knowing who he was before TUF, to before his fight with hall, to loving this kid and hoping he fights for the belt someday. Awesome story, humble kid, hard worker, always brings it etc...

Proper thread title should be: Court McGee is being fed to Gastelum.

Lmao at Court McGee being "wolves".

Thrown to the wolves is like Papy getting Thiago Alves in his debut.

He is a beast, I think he handles mcgee with ease and lol at considering mcgee a wolf

Back