Garbrandt vs Assuncao

Liverkick-king56

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Great match making, could've been a title fight 3 years ago and winnable fight for both guys

In their primes I would've favoured Assuncao by being more patient and a top notch counter striker and having stupid good defence.
Cody is an insane counter striker but his lead game is a bit weak (for the highest level)

Assuncao hasn't looked the greatest in his last 2 and has been shown speed is starting to become a factor in his last 2 losses, Moraes (amazing fighter) was able to blitz the shit out of him with a very quick overhand and Sandhagen used amazing set ups and offensive IQ but speed was a big factor in that fight.

Cody doesn't have the offensive IQ of Sandhagen but when he has his feet properly planted (not lunging like he did against TJ, Munhoz and even Almedia) Cody has the fastest hands in BW history.

If I had to throw money down on this fight it would go with Assuncao decision, huge fan of him and he has the tools to break Cody with good wrestling entries, counters and feints in a decent paced match. His defence seems to be slipping up though and that's a big key for Cody, Cody needs to draw out the over hands that will definitely be coming his way and unload with his insane barrage of 4-6 punches and catch Raphael's respect early but not over commit on the vet.

what do you guys think?

Goaty Goatbrandt by being goat

Winnable fight for Assuncao. I hope Garbrandt knocks him out but I wouldn't be surprised if Assuncao ko's him instead

I think Cody has this.
Although everyone knows how to beat Cody nowadays - in the middle of the fight you call him names, close your eyes, lower your chin and start swinging haymakers. Cody does the same, but without the chin part.

I kinda feel wrong feeling this way but this fight could never happen and I wouldn't care. Flip side of that If it happens I still dont care.

Kind of how I've always felt about ol neck tats.

I kinda feel wrong feeling this way but this fight could never happen and I wouldn't care. Flip side of that If it happens I still dont care.

It's happening on the Ngannou/Rozenstruik card

It's happening on the Ngannou/Rozenstruik card
I know. The point is I dont actually care. Which is sad. Because as much as I dont like cody I respect the fact he goes out there to fight.

I'm just in a mood today. Dont mind me.

I used to really dislike necktats, but I honestly hope he can turn it around and get back to form. Guys got all the tools to be great minus check his emotions at the cage gate. It’s just sad to see a young promising prospect rise up and fall off so badly before his physical prime, it’s crazy... Barao has checkmate in this category above anything I’ve ever seen, even make Filho look like his drop off wasn’t that bad.

assuncao may be slowing down but at this point I sincerely dont trust cody´s chin. He may go patient this time and not swing for the fences but assuncao has pretty underrated power, I see a KO here for the brazilian.

Winnable fight for Assuncao. I hope Garbrandt knocks him out but I wouldn't be surprised if Assuncao ko's him instead

how do you figure ? I’m a fan but this is a terrible matchup for him

doesn’t have wrestling to take him down or the speed or power to give him any trouble on the feet

cody stops him inside 2 rounds

how do you figure ? I’m a fan but this is a terrible matchup for him

doesn’t have wrestling to take him down or the speed or power to give him any trouble on the feet

cody stops him inside 2 rounds
His defence is top notch and he has amazing timing ( well he used to be sharper)
How do you think he beat Moraes a incredibly athletic fighter? He negated the speed and power with feints, counters and his own power. He certainly looks a step slower in his Sandhagen fight but he definitely still has the tools to win, his chance of getting caught is just much higher

But you care enough to comment..

I can’t see the ufc allowing garbrandt to lose 4 in a row to a guy they don’t like.

it’s a favorable matchup for garbrandt

Barley. The comment was half assed as well tbh.
Yet you commented multiple times.. clicked on the thread, etc.. when someone doesn't care, they do none of that. But cool story if you made yourself believe it.

It'll be interesting to see what changes Mark Henry has incorporated into Cody's game. Hopefully some defensive responsibility in the boxing department.

I'm going with cody he is yougner and i think the time out of the octogon will helq him achieve new high

Yet you commented multiple times.. clicked on the thread, etc.. when someone doesn't care, they do none of that. But cool story if you made yourself believe it.
Do you see the irony of your substancless post about my meaningless post?

Lol not sure why ur triggered but I'm happy I somehow got u there. <GrassoBless>

Back