Garbrandt vs Assuncao

I think Garbrandt fights smart and out-boxes him from range for 3 rounds, without being dragged into a rock 'em sock 'em brawl. Assuncao is on the wane in my opinion.

You summed it up well. I still like Assuncao in this fight. He has a better range game and Cody isn’t great at leading. Assuncao’s patience might make Cody lose his head again. It’s a weird fight because both fighters have zero momentum. Cody has an advantage in terms of youth and speed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cody edges a close decision with flurries in the pocket. I’d go with Assuncaao by decision though. Wouldn’t be surprised if he lays Cody out if Cody gets sloppy.

Assunscao has 4 stoppage wins due to strikes in 34 bouts. If Cody gets TKOd here I think it's the end of the line for him.

I favour Cody, though. I am hoping he comes in with tact and doesn't throw it out the window to brawl.

A fight I’m looking forward to. Rooting for No Love!

You pricks are pretty hard on Neck Tats around here. He's crazy exciting, win or lose. Go Neck Tats!

Such a good fight, keeps the winner near top 5 and wouldn’t mind the winner getting frankie next

Great match making, could've been a title fight 3 years ago and winnable fight for both guys

In their primes I would've favoured Assuncao by being more patient and a top notch counter striker and having stupid good defence.
Cody is an insane counter striker but his lead game is a bit weak (for the highest level)

Assuncao hasn't looked the greatest in his last 2 and has been shown speed is starting to become a factor in his last 2 losses, Moraes (amazing fighter) was able to blitz the shit out of him with a very quick overhand and Sandhagen used amazing set ups and offensive IQ but speed was a big factor in that fight.

Cody doesn't have the offensive IQ of Sandhagen but when he has his feet properly planted (not lunging like he did against TJ, Munhoz and even Almedia) Cody has the fastest hands in BW history.

If I had to throw money down on this fight it would go with Assuncao decision, huge fan of him and he has the tools to break Cody with good wrestling entries, counters and feints in a decent paced match. His defence seems to be slipping up though and that's a big key for Cody, Cody needs to draw out the over hands that will definitely be coming his way and unload with his insane barrage of 4-6 punches and catch Raphael's respect early but not over commit on the vet.

what do you guys think?
If Cody fights smart he can win, but if he fights like he did in his past 3 he gets KTFO

Imagine if Assuncao KO's him.

Just fucking imagine.

As a cody fan I'm glad he is fighting someone with a 15% ko ratio.
I'm not fully sold that he won't find a way to lose this fight.

Cody will look good till he gets caught.

I'm always shocked at the Cody hate.
Other than having neck tats and maybe being a little dumb, what has Cody done to make anyone hate him?
Feel like a bunch of judgemental shits up in here

I'm always shocked at the Cody hate.
Other than having neck tats and maybe being a little dumb, what has Cody done to make anyone hate him?
Feel like a bunch of judgemental shits up in here
Up until he beat Almeida there was only a few posters who actually hyped him up. People couldn’t look past the neck tats and didn’t recognise how skilled he was.

I was a big Cody fan and very high on him but the love has definitely dwindled over the past few years. He’s hotheaded and is a classic case of small man syndrome, but he hasn’t really done anything to deserve some of the disdain he gets. I think the whole TAM vs Bang rivalry exposed a lot of people as douchebags though. I like Uriah, Cody and TJ less than I used to.

assuncao may be slowing down but at this point I sincerely dont trust cody´s chin. He may go patient this time and not swing for the fences but assuncao has pretty underrated power, I see a KO here for the brazilian.

I kind of agree...

While I could see Cody “returning to form” in this fight, getting a nice KO or a competitive but clear cut decision like the Cruz fight...

Assuncao is still a very good fighter and not far removed from wins over Moraes, Font and Sterling...

I tend to feel Cody is still in his “prime”.. But he appears to be someone that is a bit chinny... While TJ and Moreno can definitely crack.. Assuncao has some pop in his shots as well...

It will be interesting to see how both men perform.

Back