Garbrandt at 145 lbs?

Apparently he barely cuts to 135 so he’d be really small at 145

Last edited:
FW is much more stacked than BW. Not a good idea for him.
Garbrandt should fight tougher opponents: Lineker, Rivera, Moraes (if he doesn't receive a TS)...

Pros for Garbrandt at 145:

- Massive speed advantage.

- May still have KO power in his right even up a weight class.

- Less weight cutting may improve his chin and overall health.

Cons:

- Would be outsized

- If his chin doesn't improve from the lessened weight cut he's taking shots from MUCH bigger guys then Dillishaw.

- 145 is filled with technical strikers with serious power.

Honestly he might do fine but I don't think he'd crack the top 4.

You'd think he'd have the frame to do it, but it seems lije he'd have better fare/chance for a belt at 125.

Cejudo
Looks bigger than him.

Thought he'd be fine at 145 a year ago, now im pretty sure I was wrong.

Garbrandt also only walks around at like 146. He isn't even that big by bantamweight standards. Guys at FW are commonly 160+ walking around.

If he gets the idea of being Wand out of his head he has a shot at anyone. The Cruz fight plus some of the kicks he was showing were a positive. He let's his ego rule him unfortunately

At his size he'd be better off trying to move down

I don’t think that would help him at all.

He needs to be more patient and feel guy with less emotion. When you start throwing haymakers you leave yourself open. He was 100X more patient again Cruz. Less ego, more patience

I don’t think that would help him at all.

He needs to be more patient and feel guy with less emotion. When you start throwing haymakers you leave yourself open. He was 100X more patient again Cruz. Less ego, more patience

He would be so tiny at 145. Any legit FW would murder him.

He should change his name to Cody "Rembrandt" Garbrandt

Back