Gamrot is Now Completely Out of the Title Picture for a While

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I understand someone had to be but it’s just interesting considering he seemed right at the cusp before the matchmaking. Even if he dominates RDA, he will be expected to and it won’t do much to improve his ranking. Plus the BMF fight and the Arman vs. Oliveira fight being for the number one contender puts him out of a potential title fight or title eliminator for quite a while. Funny cause he was the backup for a lightweight title fight three months ago.

I understand why, but it still seems weird to me that Gamrot is out by Arman is in, considering Gamrot beat Arman.
Eh. All things considered, Arman should be further ahead. He's won more and more convincingly since then. Hell, their fight was close and the decision could have gone either way. I guess it wouldn't be bad to run it back if Arman isn't getting the shot and Gamrot beats RDA.

Eh. All things considered, Arman should be further ahead. He's won more and more convincingly since then. Hell, their fight was close and the decision could have gone either way. I guess it wouldn't be bad to run it back if Arman isn't getting the shot and Gamrot beats RDA.

Yeh, like I said, I understand why. Still just feels weird.

I guess. The back up thing for the LW belt looked more like an availability thing. He lost to Dariush 15 months ago and hasn't had an impressive, "title shot" -type win since then.

I agree, a win against Dos Años isn't going to do much for him.

I understand someone had to be but it’s just interesting considering he seemed right at the cusp before the matchmaking. Even if he dominates RDA, he will be expected to and it won’t do much to improve his ranking. Plus the BMF fight and the Arman vs. Oliveira fight being for the number one contender puts him out of a potential title fight or title eliminator for quite a while. Funny cause he was the backup for a lightweight title fight three months ago.
Backup for a fight that had one of the fighters pull out on less than 2 weeks and the UFC calls up another fighter, in fact several. Makes sense right? Same thing with Pavlovich as the back up for Jones vs Stipe. Why didn't the UFC book Stipe vs Pav? Why didn't Islam fight Gamrot? Both must have agreed to fight the alternate opponent in case of a need to switch otherwise the UFC would never have paid for a back up fighter. Makes no sense for the UFC to operate like this IMO.

I understand why, but it still seems weird to me that Gamrot is out by Arman is in, considering Gamrot beat Arman.

Arman has history with Islam. And since then, (which was a very close fight) Gamrot lost a fight, and Arman didn't.

Gamrot should've gotten the Islam title shot because he was the backup and it would've been good for Islam (new opponent), good for Volk (not getting his head kicked in on short notice) and good for Gamrot (title shot and all the clout that comes with it)

Arman, more recently, beat the guy (convincingly) that beat Gamrot.

It's pretty straightforward. Gamrot will need a top 5/4/3/2 win or multiple top 10 wins and perfect circumstances lined up, to get a title shot.

Canrot already lost to two journeymen and his last win was from a freak injury. He almost lost to two other journeymen (Turner and Tsarukycan) so he's nothing special, just another boring overhyped Eastern flop.

gamrot fell behind the pack when he lost to Darish, showed he's not at that level. He deserves to be "out of the picture"
But if losing to Dariush means you suck then what does losing to the guy that lost to Dariush say about Arman?

decision machines with no urgency usually dont go far.
Arman has a 6-1 record since 2021 and 4 finishes. Gamrot has a record of 6-1 since 2021 and 4 finishes.
Arman has 24 career fights and 14 finishes (58%) while Gamrot has 25 career fights (excluding a NC) and 15 finishes (60%)
How is one a "Decision Machine" and one is something else?

But if losing to Dariush means you suck then what does losing to the guy that lost to Dariush say about Arman?

uhh, it says nothing because Arman destroyed Dariush...losing to Dariush doesn't mean you suck, it means you shouldn't be ahead of guys who BEAT Dariush. sports is a game of "what have you done lately" and Arman KOing Dariush and Dariush beating Gamrot happened more lately than Gamrot beating Arman.

gamrot fell behind the pack when he lost to Darish, showed he's not at that level. He deserves to be "out of the picture"

I am a fan of Gamrot and follow him and Soldic in KSW

But you are right. He screwed up loosing that fight

I think he needs to put huge effort in improving his striking. Perhaps focus on boxing

Canrot already lost to two journeymen and his last win was from a freak injury. He almost lost to two other journeymen (Turner and Tsarukycan) so he's nothing special, just another boring overhyped Eastern flop.

He is in the top 5 of overall ufc roster when it comes to wrestling and grappling you fool

He aint no can

Arman has a 6-1 record since 2021 and 4 finishes. Gamrot has a record of 6-1 since 2021 and 4 finishes.
Arman has 24 career fights and 14 finishes (58%) while Gamrot has 25 career fights (excluding a NC) and 15 finishes (60%)
How is one a "Decision Machine" and one is something else?

Arman showed heart, Gamrot is just another Dariush, another whatever

Backup for a fight that had one of the fighters pull out on less than 2 weeks and the UFC calls up another fighter, in fact several. Makes sense right? Same thing with Pavlovich as the back up for Jones vs Stipe. Why didn't the UFC book Stipe vs Pav? Why didn't Islam fight Gamrot? Both must have agreed to fight the alternate opponent in case of a need to switch otherwise the UFC would never have paid for a back up fighter. Makes no sense for the UFC to operate like this IMO.

Islam said he had the choice between gamrot, poirier, and volk, and he chose volk. I'm guessing stipe chose not to fight Aspinal, too (something he continues to do).

Back