Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

i see what you did there.
What are the actual specs of the pc you got? Do you have a gpu?

In a lot of the rendering tests and benchmarks gpu will make a huge difference compared to a faster processor with no gpu.

Also it doesn’t really seem to matter which gpu, just that you have one.

The cuts in rendering time drop in half with a gpu and then by minuscule amounts with faster gpu’s

I paid 85 bucks for a barely used 1050 ti locally. Something like that or even an older cheaper card in the 40-50.00 range will give you more bang for your buck than a machine with a newer processor.

I’ve done a shit ton of research on this. Also if you want the card more specifically for rendering , don’t shy away from amd gpu’s like the older rx 7850’s etc. redeons are typically better at rendering than invidias that shine more in pure gaming benchmarks.

What are the actual specs of the pc you got? Do you have a gpu?

In a lot of the rendering tests and benchmarks gpu will make a huge difference compared to a faster processor with no gpu.

Also it doesn’t really seem to matter which gpu, just that you have one.

The cuts in rendering time drop in half with a gpu and then by minuscule amounts with faster gpu’s

I paid 85 bucks for a barely used 1050 ti locally. Something like that or even an older cheaper card in the 40-50.00 range will give you more bang for your buck than a machine with a newer processor.

I’ve done a shit ton of research on this. Also if you want the card more specifically for rendering , don’t shy away from amd gpu’s like the older rx 7850’s etc. redeons are typically better at rendering than invidias that shine more in pure gaming benchmarks.
you know videos have been rendered post 2010 right?

you know videos have been rendered post 2010 right?
You are barking up the wrong tree here bud.

Video rendering is getting more complex , and straining systems more, IF you are doing video that pushes it.

Just like gaming. You know pc gaming was out before 2010 right?

You don’t need a very strong machine to play minesweeper or the original doom off a floppy disk.

Same shit applies, if you are pushing it in the video field , you need strong hardware. Just like with games.

New graphic cards at the cost of 3-5 consoles.

Its a shame that gaming GPUs are so bloody expensive. You can hardly do any graphics on it and its 99% of time used only for gaming and so consoles. So why the price tag?

Before people say if I cant afford PC components I should play on consoles let me tell you this:

I am not used playing on pad whatsoever, and my whole life I been playing strategies, diablo like games and consoles games are not appealing to me.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/20/1...-2080-ti-2070-specs-release-date-price-turing

You literally dont need a $1200 GPU. If you are even complaining here you can get along just fine with a $300 that will blow the consoles out of the water.

Someone on another thread was trying to tell me how the 2080ti its not expensive its subjective... LOL Its exactly why we have a console market
Yeah sorry thats not happened. You used a niche enthusiast product (which currently has zero competition) as a means to discredit PC value and create additional validation for the consoles. I told you that was a bullshit narrative and that a low mid tier PC from 2013 is actually BETTER value than the consoles while being not much more expensive and to no surprise you stopped posting (this was after you whined that all PC parts are overpriced and expensive)

Your new to this forum so i'll give you the run down kid. The people who post on this board actually have real interest and love for the PC community and are trying to expand it. We would REALLY apprecitate it if you didn't come in here and spout fake/negative narratives, it really lowers the quality of the community (if you want to continue doing so gamespot forums might be more your speed)

Last edited:
New graphic cards at the cost of 3-5 consoles.

Its a shame that gaming GPUs are so bloody expensive. You can hardly do any graphics on it and its 99% of time used only for gaming and so consoles. So why the price tag?

Before people say if I cant afford PC components I should play on consoles let me tell you this:

I am not used playing on pad whatsoever, and my whole life I been playing strategies, diablo like games and consoles games are not appealing to me.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/20/1...-2080-ti-2070-specs-release-date-price-turing

GDDR6 prices may be part of the extra price tag this round. There's no other product currently using GDDR6 so that means lower production numbers and yields, which means a higher price.

You purchasing the newer high end model GPU for this type of gaming is pointless. Its a luxury purchase, not a necessity.

Youre complaining about a super car price tag when needing a sedan.

NVIDIA-GTX-2060-5GB-fire-strike-wccftech.png

Look at it this way the GTX 2060 is nearly as fast as the 1080 the 2070 beats the 1080 by 20 percent and forget about the new 2080. Basically if you forgo getting the biggest GPU you can still get outstanding performance for less money then the 1080. No doubt you will see new versions of each.

Well fuck. Good that I don't need to upgrade yet. A PC that is equal in price to 3 week holiday in Cuba for me, me wife and her sister sounds shitty to say the least.

seems like my 1080 will last for a while

Someone on another thread was trying to tell me how the 2080ti its not expensive its subjective...
Yeah sorry thats not happened.
Overpriced is subjective.

Didnt happened huh... LOL Trolls. You like to call people kids, you must be one. No need to out yourself.

We would REALLY apprecitate it if you didn't come in here and spout fake/negative narratives, it really lowers the quality of the community (if you want to continue doing so gamespot forums might be more your speed)

So saying 1200 is a lot for a GPU is a fake narrative.... You must be retarded or trolling, to the ignore list.

Last edited:
Save the BS kid. It was so freaking obvious what you where trying to do.

You took the prices of an enthusiast product (very small percentage of the market) and said "this is why consoles exist" which is bullshit and you know it (you basically exaggerated the cost to make it seem worst then it really is).

The 7870XT with aftermarket power-supply swapped into a mid level i5 office computer at the time would of been total like $600-650 and would offer way more power, $10-15 cheaper games, not having to pay $40-50 a year for internet gaming, and offer a better library of games.

Funny how reality doesn't fit your narrative....... ("buh bu buh its overpriced !")

Fangirl detected. Saying 1200 for a GPU is a lot and you flip your shit, fangirl about "buh buh buh duh GPU is duh best"
I exaggerated 1200 for a GPU is a lot? Seriously im glad we had an ignore function for retards/trolls like yourself.

Last edited:
Fangirl detected. Saying 1200 for a GPU is a lot and you flip your shit, fangirl about "buh buh buh duh GPU is duh best"
I exaggerated 1200 for a GPU is a lot? Seriously im glad we had an ignore function for retards/trolls like yourself.
You took an enthusiast product a tried to use it to shit talk PC gaming and when i told you mid/low mid tier hardware is actually a better value than the consoles you left. You can't take a small percentage of the market and then use it as grounds to make an assumption on the WHOLE community (that by definition makes you a troll........)

Last edited:
So saying 1200 is a lot for a GPU is a fake narrative.... You must be retarded or trolling, to the ignore list.
You literally took a small percentage of the market and used it as a grounds to bash the entire genre ("this GPU is too high, PC gaming is overpriced which is why consoles exisit").

I told you if the GPU is too high for your liking you can buy lower tier hardware and it will offer amazing value. You whined that all PC hardware is overpriced and then left when i showed you that a low mid tier PC in 2013 isn't expensive and provides BETTER value than the consoles (that doesn't fit your narrative of PC being overpriced/expensive and console being the only machine providing good bang for your buck).

Of course i'm calling you a kid, no grown ass adult would have an alex jones gay frog gif :rolleyes:

Ignore list ? You can ignore me all you want, doesn't change the fact that i'm right

Last edited:
Well fuck. Good that I don't need to upgrade yet. A PC that is equal in price to 3 week holiday in Cuba for me, me wife and her sister sounds shitty to say the least.

wait....seriously?