• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

No it didn't.
So you run your own garbage to the dump? I know some people in the outlying rural areas who do that, but only because their waste company fees come at a premium, they own large hauling trailers (usually for ag-related stuff), and because they own such large plots of land they can pile up the household trash for months far away from the house so it doesn't stink up the place before making a run.

C'mon, man, there's no reason to berate somebody just because he wants to outsource a job he could do himself to a professional for the guarantee that nothing goes wrong, or that he isn't liable if it does, and to make his own life simpler so he can focus on being productive in other ways.

Just like there's nothing wrong with buying a prebuilt. Plenty of people still do that, you know. More than build their own PCs. It's the same thing. You're paying someone else to assemble. We're all focused on the end goal of playing games. We do our best to minimize costs, but realizing the absolute minimum isn't always the priority, and probably shouldn't be.

No it didn't.

That wasn't an airplane that went over your head.

Some people would rather pay someone else to do a task, instead of doing it themselves. There's nothing wrong with that. Entire industries are built around services.
And there's no reason to be a dick to someone over it.

@mixmastermo Before paying MC to put something together you should look at their in-house Powerspec prebuilds first. You may be surprised.

@mixmastermo Before paying MC to put something together you should look at their in-house Powerspec prebuilds first. You may be surprised.
That's a solid idea, but all their Powerspecs come with a GPU, anjd he doesn't need that, because the new one he just bought is what put him in this predicament. So the GPU that comes in the prebuilt would be superfluous, and that is such a significant portion of the cost of a gaming comp it undermines the strategy.

He only needs a motherboard, as he clarified, for the Thunderbolt 3 port. Since this means he might as well upgrade his CPU, too, he'll also get new, faster DDR5 RAM. And his CPU cooler would probably be better than in many of the cheaper Powerspecs, but every other component would be an unnecessary acquisition (GPU, PSU, Case, drives). I doubt the cost of paying them to re-assemble his PC with the new motherboard/CPU/RAM would offset the premium of those redundant parts.

That's a solid idea, but all their Powerspecs comes with a GPU, anjd he doesn't need that, because the new one he just bought is what put him in this predicament. So the GPU that comes in the prebuilt would be superfluous, and that is such a significant portion of the cost of a gaming comp it undermines the strategy.

He only needs a motherboard, as he clarified, for the Thunderbolt 3 port. Since this means he might as well upgrade his CPU, too, he'll also get new, faster DDR5 RAM. And his CPU cooler would probably be better than in many of the cheaper Powerspecs, but every other component would be an unnecessary acquisition (GPU, PSU, Case, drives). I doubt the cost of paying them to re-assemble his PC with the new motherboard/CPU/RAM would offset the premium of those redundant parts.
Exactly.

Thanks for the tips though

They do have prebuilds without GPU (PowerSpec B), but they are pricier and start at about a grand and are all DDR4/Intel only. Plus MC always allocates to gaming desktops first for PowerSpec.

Just buying the motherboard/CPU and having them assemble would be cheaper, and in a few weeks PowerSpec should have Ryzen 8000 APUs as well if that's of interest.

That wasn't an airplane that went over your head.

Some people would rather pay someone else to do a task, instead of doing it themselves. There's nothing wrong with that. Entire industries are built around services.
And there's no reason to be a dick to someone over it.
Yeah, I guess there's people out there who pay others to put their IKEA furniture together as well. I shouldn't judge people for being useless.

Yeah, I guess there's people out there who pay others to put their IKEA furniture together as well. I shouldn't judge people for being useless.
Sheesh, bro. Chill. He's not useless.

In my experience over the years, people that talk like you and have the need to constantly put others down for no reason, are usually just miserable in their own life.

I hope, whatever you're going through in your life, gets better for you sooner than later. And don't forget, it's never too late to get your GED.

i ordered another logitech g604 mouse just for shits and giggles. i'll have 3 of them now lol.

i love this mouse but they discontinued it last year and ever since then theyve been really hard to come by. i managed to track one down in a store last month and i've managed to get a decent price on a sealed and unopened brand new one on ebay. now i should be set for a while.

i wouldnt have normally done something like this, but the mouse is discontinued and sold out of stores both local and online, they didn't release a proper successor to it, and there's really nothing else on the market that offers all the buttons, ergonomics, wireless response time and battery life, and functionality as the g604.

on top of that i run two desktop pc's off of two tv's and between my g604 mouse and my g613 keyboard and i do all of my computing and gaming wirelessly on the couch, and both the keyboard and mouse have a button to switch to bluetooth mode so i can use them to operate the other computer with just a press of a button. although i probably wouldn't use them for gaming in bluetooth mode, it's nice to be able to be able to control 2 pc's without having to keep a second keyboard and mouse laying around. for me thats a major selling point because of how i run my setup.

but yeah i've looked and looked and was never able to find a proper replacement for my g604 for when it finally dies or breaks or succumbs to any issues. so i've kinda been stocking up on them, because a wireless gaming mouse that compares to the discontinued g604 doesn't exist on the market, there's no indications of a proper successor and replacement arriving any time soon, and i'm not going to be happy if my mouse just kicks the bucket one day and i have to settle for a g502, or anything less than what i've already got.

i've felt kind weird for buying the same game on like 3 or 4 different platforms before, but i've never thought i'd be in the position where i'd go out and buy 2 more of the same mice when there's nothing wrong with the one that i already have. but as far as i'm concerned i'm just playing it safe. this is a really good mouse and throughout my years i havent been able to find anything better so i know i won't regret getting another one, even if it just sits in the closet for years.

Last edited:
i ordered another logitech g604 mouse just for shits and giggles. i'll have 3 of them now lol.

i love this mouse but they discontinued it last year and ever since then theyve been really hard to come by. i managed to track one down in a store last month and i've managed to get a decent price on a sealed and unopened brand new one on ebay. now i should be set for a while.

i wouldnt have normally done something like this, but the mouse is discontinued and sold out of stores both local and online, they didn't release a proper successor to it, and there's really nothing else on the market that offers all the buttons, ergonomics, wireless response time and battery life, and functionality as the g604.

on top of that i run two desktop pc's off of two tv's and between my g604 mouse and my g613 keyboard and i do all of my computing and gaming wirelessly on the couch, and both the keyboard and mouse have a button to switch to bluetooth mode so i can use them to operate the other computer with just a press of a button. although i probably wouldn't use them for gaming in bluetooth mode, it's nice to be able to be able to control 2 pc's without having to keep a second keyboard and mouse laying around. for me thats a major selling point because of how i run my setup.

but yeah i've looked and looked and was never able to find a proper replacement for my g604 for when it finally dies or breaks or succumbs to any issues. so i've kinda been stocking up on them, because a wireless gaming mouse that compares to the discontinued g604 doesn't exist on the market, there's no indications of a proper successor and replacement arriving any time soon, and i'm not going to be happy if my mouse just kicks the bucket one day and i have to settle for a g502, or anything less than what i've already got.

i've felt kind weird for buying the same game on like 3 or 4 different platforms before, but i've never thought i'd be in the position where i'd go out and buy 2 more of the same mice when there's nothing wrong with the one that i already have. but as far as i'm concerned i'm just playing it safe. this is a really good mouse and throughout my years i havent been able to find anything better so i know i won't regret getting another one, even if it just sits in the closet for years.
Yeah, that's how it goes for mice. I've seen some famous Twitch streamers desperately beg their audience to send them old mice that they loved that are out of production. These are people who get whatever gaming swag exists thrown at them for free. In the future, you can always ask the mouse fetishists that inhabit the subreddits like r/MouserReview. I'd also suggest the customizable Rtings table tool as probably the best for finding a similar substitute. Between their 3D Model Shape Compare tool and community-maintained eloshapes website you can get a precise idea of how ergonomics & size compare.

It's definitely a unique mouse. The Razer Basilisk V3 Pro is about as close an analogue as I could find, but there's not as many total/side buttons, and it's thicker at the back. The Corsair Darkstar Wireless is the other, but it lacks the thumb rest on the left side, and it's also thicker on the back. The Razers have a button slide on the bottom of the mouse that allows you to switch between 2.4GHz and Bluetooth. Up is Bluetooth, middle is Off, down is 2.4GHz. Not sure about the Corsairs. Never owned one.

Yeah, that's how it goes for mice. I've seen some famous Twitch streamers desperately beg their audience to send them old mice that they loved that are out of production. These are people who get whatever gaming swag exists thrown at them for free. In the future, can always ask the mouse fetishists that inhabit the subreddits like r/MouserReview. I'd also suggest the customizable Rtings table tool as probably the best for finding a similar substitute. Between their 3D Model Shape Compare tool and community-maintained eloshapes website you can get a precise idea of how ergonomics compare.

It's definitely a unique mouse. The Razer Basilisk V3 Pro is about as close an analogue as I could find, but there's not as many total/side buttons, and it's thicker at the back. The Corsair Darkstar Wireless is the other, but it lacks the thumb rest on the left side, and it's also thicker on the back. The Razers have a button slide on the bottom of the mouse that allows you to switch between 2.4GHz and Bluetooth. Up is Bluetooth, middle is Off, down is 2.4GHz.

yeah that razer is definately out. one look at that and not enough buttons to my likings. especially on the side. in games where theres alot of action commands, like path of exile, i tend to want to use the keyboard to either strictly just chat or spam flasks while i use the mouse for everything else, and theres a hell of alot of skills and actions i want to fire off and not have to poke around at my keyboard to deal with inventory maps and menus and shit. i need alot of buttons because it takes a big load off of my left wrist.

that corsair darkstar might be alright, but it doesnt look very ergonomic enough for me and there's nowhere to rest my thumb which is also a dealbreaker to me.

most of the time i prefer to use a controller because my wrists tend to seize up a little and even burn a little if i use a keyboard and mouse for long gaming sessions. its some carpal tunnel shit. ive went through so many different mice before i could finally find one that doesnt bother my wrist after a while, and the g604 has been good to me so far.

but its the keyboards that get to me the worst. especially if i have to shift my wrist around to reach extra buttons. and even WASD movement starts to get to me. my wrists aint what they used to be, so i prefer to use a controller when i can, otherwise i'd prefer to just have as many buttons as my mouse as possible with the mouse still being ergonomic and use my keyboard as little as possible. i'll have my 5 fingers over ASDF and the space bar ready to just spam actions but thats all i really desire to use my keyboard for.

i was using the g700s for a few years. that thing was a little too big and bulky and the battery life was utter dog shit so i would always just keep it plugged in. but it had all the bells and whistles i needed. but once i found the g604 i was on another level. i dont really want to go back to using any other mouse. i'm already pot committed now!

Last edited:
yeah that razer is definately out. one look at that and not enough buttons to my likings. especially on the side. in games where theres alot of action commands, like path of exile, i tend to want to use the keyboard to either strictly just chat or spam flasks while i use the mouse for everything else, and theres a hell of alot of skills and actions i want to fire off and not have to poke around at my keyboard to deal with inventory maps and menus and shit. i need alot of buttons because it takes a big load off of my left wrist.

that corsair darkstar might be alright, but it doesnt look very ergonomic enough for me and there's nowhere to rest my thumb which is also a dealbreaker to me.

most of the time i prefer to use a controller because my wrists tend to seize up a little and even burn a little if i use a keyboard and mouse for long gaming sessions. its some carpal tunnel shit. ive went through so many different mice before i could finally find one that doesnt bother my wrist after a while, and the g604 has been good to me so far.

but its the keyboards that get to me the worst. especially if i have to shift my wrist around to reach extra buttons. and even WASD movement starts to get to me. my wrists aint what they used to be, so i prefer to use a controller when i can, otherwise i'd prefer to just have as many buttons as my mouse as possible with the mouse still being ergonomic and use my keyboard as little as possible. i'll have my 5 fingers over ASDF and the space bar ready to just spam actions but thats all i really desire to use my keyboard for.

i was using the g700s for a few years. that thing was a little too big and bulky and the battery life was utter dog shit so i would always just keep it plugged in. but it had all the bells and whistles i needed. but once i found the g604 i was on another level. i dont really want to go back to using any other mouse. i'm already pot committed now!
*Edit* Fuck, NVM, I figured it out. Spare yourself wasting time reading below. No bluetooth.

I figured. Why do you not like the G502 X Lightspeed, btw? Been the bestselling gaming mouse over $20 for years and years. Still not as many buttons as your 604, but it has the three on the side plus the two extra right alongside the primary left click.
www.amazon.com/Logitech-Lightspeed-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B092CRH1RX?th=1
design-large.jpg

Rtings review:

I assembled a comprehensive post about its third generation ITT when it released last year:

3D Comparison:

*Edit* Fuck, NVM, I figured it out. Spare yourself wasting time reading below. No bluetooth.

I figured. Why do you not like the G502 X Lightspeed, btw? Been the bestselling gaming mouse over $20 for years and years. Still not as many buttons as your 604, but it has the three on the side plus the two extra right alongside the primary left click.
www.amazon.com/Logitech-Lightspeed-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B092CRH1RX?th=1
design-large.jpg

Rtings review:

I assembled a comprehensive post about its third generation ITT when it released last year:

3D Comparison:

yeah ive already looked at the g502 models when i was looking around for a g604 replacement, as the g502 lightspeed model seems to be the only other logitech models on shelves that even get my interests

just not enough buttons is my only qualms with it. and i'm not sure how nice it would play with my big hands. though they actually look very similar in both size and shape, so i probably wouldn't mind that one at all. it just doesn't have enough buttons to satisfy my needs.

Last edited:
yeah ive already looked at the g502 models when i was looking around for a g604 replacement, as the g502 lightspeed model seems to be the only other logitech models on shelves that even get my interests

This is kind of funny, but i have a G602 variant if you want it. Bought it for my mom to use on her work Pc that she never uses.

Its this G602 version:

This is kind of funny, but i have a G602 variant if you want it. Bought it for my mom to use on her work Pc that she never uses.

Its this G602 version:

yeah thats the older model that it's successor, the g604 replaced. i'm not really interested in those because of lack of bluetooth support to use with my second desktop pc, and i already have a different mouse for my laptop even though i never really use that computer anymore and i don't need anything fancy or gaming related for it.

its a pretty solid mouse though. i say keep it. though if it's unopened or in pristine condition with all the packaging and accessories and you dont want it you could probably scalp it rather easilly online and turn a nice buck. there's alot of g602 enthusiasts in the market who would pay a nice asking price just to get it.

Last edited:
alright now that the 4070ti super benchmarks and hands on reviews are out there in the wild i aint feeling too bad about buying the 4070ti instead of waiting for the super model. the super card is only really performing about 5% better, even with a 256 bit bus and in many instances they are even performing dead equal or with just a couple minor frames difference depending on the resolution or game. it's not really a significant jump in performance like many people were hoping for.

and the shitty msi venutus 4070ti super actually performs worse than the 4070ti in call of duty and some other games due to some kind of technical issue and they have to release some kind of firmware update for the card to fix it. something is wrong with this card and it is underperforming against other models of the 4070ti super, and even the 4070ti. they have already released 3 bios updates for this model already but none of them seem to help the performance at all! this situation should not be occuring at all. even on a bottom of the barrel aftermarket. buyer beware on those models!

i mean shit if theyre gonna sell them for the same price theres no reason not to go for the 4070ti super, but you're not really getting 4080 level performance for a whole lot cheaper or anything wild like that because the cut down 48 mb of L2 cache is just never going to bring the performance anywhere near the same level of a 4080.

it doesnt feel like such a kick in the dick to me anymore for being an early adopter of the 4070ti. i mean sure the extra 4 gb of vram in the super is nice but gaming at 1440p i dont need that now in any game and i probably wont need it for a while either. no sense beating myself up over it. i mean if i would have held out a year specifically hoping for super refresh to arrive, i may as well wait another year for the next line of products which should probably kick the teeth off the last models anyways. at least in terms of performance and everything except for the price tag anyways.

these super models don't really seem too impressive at all. the 4070 super seems like the only one with a noticeable performance increase over its counterpart.

Last edited:
alright now that the 4070ti super benchmarks and hands on reviews are out there in the wild i aint feeling too bad about buying the 4070ti instead of waiting for the super model. the super card is only really performing about 5% better, even with a 256 bit bus and in many instances they are even performing dead equal or with just a couple minor frames difference depending on the resolution or game. it's not really a significant jump in performance like many people were hoping for.

and the shitty msi venutus 4070ti super actually performs worse than the 4070ti in call of duty and some other games due to some kind of technical issue and they have to release some kind of firmware update for the card to fix it. something is wrong with this card and it is underperforming against other models of the 4070ti super, and even the 4070ti. they have already released 3 bios updates for this model already but none of them seem to help the performance at all! this situation should not be occuring at all. even on a bottom of the barrel aftermarket. buyer beware on those models!

i mean shit if theyre gonna sell them for the same price theres no reason not to go for the 4070ti super, but you're not really getting 4080 level performance for a whole lot cheaper or anything wild like that because the cut down 48 mb of L2 cache is just never going to bring the performance anywhere near the same level of a 4080.

it doesnt feel like such a kick in the dick to me anymore for being an early adopter of the 4070ti. i mean sure the extra 4 gb of vram in the super is nice but gaming at 1440p i dont need that now in any game and i probably wont need it for a while either. no sense beating myself up over it. i mean if i would have held out a year specifically hoping for super refresh to arrive, i may as well wait another year for the next line of products which should probably kick the teeth off the last models anyways. at least in terms of performance and everything except for the price tag anyways.

these super models don't really seem too impressive at all. the 4070 super seems like the only one with a noticeable performance increase over its counterpart.

yeah its not worth the wait. I’m kinda disappointed Nvidia didnt release a Founders Edition card for this gpu.
I have the 1080 ti and 3070 I love collecting them

Back