• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

Been playing CSGO all month and the past few weeks i ran into weird bugs. Noticed occasionally some headshots not landing, disconnect between where the opponent is to where the opponent dies when at low ping, shit players hitting insane peek headshots on me, delay in headshots registering server side, my shots not even registering, visual frames drops even though im at 300+, periodic hitching/desync and single mouse left click registering as a double click.

Last night i figured out the cause. For no apparent reason Nvidia GPU drivers enabled Gsync globally and in all game profile settings.

W1MO.gif

What console are you playing on?

Can someone explain to me why when i watch people play CS:GO they're constantly swapping weapons while moving?

Like, they start moving faster or something/

Holding different weapons changes your movement speeds, a knife is the fastest way to move around. Some of it is just fidgeting.

Can someone explain to me why when i watch people play CS:GO they're constantly swapping weapons while moving?

For it looks cool and to keep their hands from entering a lethargic state. Its something medium tier players learn that must be untaught as they progress further. Since such a habit leads to this, which happened in a Pro match semi-final today:

SSUPD Meshlisious itx case. Preorders on Newegg, $110 for a mesh side panel and $165 for a tempered glass side panel.
oe759_A_Black.284_1800x1800.png

Intels new GPU an Intel will soon release performance test results.

How would the temps fare for this form factor?

Sata ssd's don't get that hot.
If you tear apart a normal ssd, most of the case is wasted space until you get to the larger sizes.

Samsung 860 pro 512gb
imgp0047_575px.jpg

2tb version
imgp0066_575px.jpg

Sata ssd's don't get that hot.
If you tear apart a normal ssd, most of the case is wasted space until you get to the larger sizes.

Samsung 860 pro 512gb
imgp0047_575px.jpg

2tb version
imgp0066_575px.jpg
After thinking about it, I think I want one of those small form factor ones now, they look pretty adorable lol

Is a 320W PSU enough for a GTX 750 GPU?

I forgot I had a 750 in an old PC. Just found it and put it in my work PC to upgrade the integrated graphics and see if I could run some old games like Fallout 1 + 2. The original box it came in says minimum requirement is 400W but Nvidia's website says it's only 300W. Very confusing.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/geforce-gtx-750/specifications/
320W is more than enough.

GTX 750 has a TDP of 75W. I'm guessing you probably have this coupled with a non-K Ivy Bridge or Haswell CPU in the office comp (though it could be older) with a TDP most likely in the range of 77W-95W. The CPU may draw more than that at times, but never above 140W. 320W is a common figure seen in those old office comps (like 280W or 360W). Those PSUs are battletanks. They usually have platinum-level efficiencies, and sustained output is barely off that quoted wattage.

320W is more than enough.

GTX 750 has a TDP of 75W. I'm guessing you probably have this coupled with a non-K Ivy Bridge or Haswell CPU in the office comp (though it could be older) with a TDP most likely in the range of 77W-95W. The CPU may draw more than that at times, but never above 140W. 320W is a common figure seen in those old office comps (like 280W or 360W). Those PSUs are battletanks. They usually have platinum-level efficiencies, and sustained output is barely off that quoted wattage.
Excellent, thanks!

I think the CPU is an i5 650. It's an HP 8100 Elite Minitower and you're right, they are tanks and very quiet. I've had a couple and am very happy. Appreciate the help!

Is a 320W PSU enough for a GTX 750 GPU?

I forgot I had a 750 in an old PC. Just found it and put it in my work PC to upgrade the integrated graphics and see if I could run some old games like Fallout 1 + 2. The original box it came in says minimum requirement is 400W but Nvidia's website says it's only 300W. Very confusing.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/geforce-gtx-750/specifications/

you might want to check the psu's 12v rail and make sure it's strong enough. iirc, the 750 was very efficient but drew all its power from it.

(i had a 750 years ago and iirc, i needed to change my psu due to this)

you might want to check the psu's 12v rail and make sure it's strong enough. iirc, the 750 was very efficient but drew all its power from it.

(i had a 750 years ago and iirc, i needed to change my psu due to this)
<TrumpWrong1>

No, @KidBaize, you do not have to do this. This is fundamentally not a concern with the GTX 750.

Back