• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Games that get all meta on the player?

Maybe I’m mistaken, but wasn’t that kind of a theme of the old Ultima games? You played the Avatar, and you were supposed to be a human playing a video game and then get pulled into the mythical world of the games.

I believe so.

Doki Doki Literature Club, and Pony Island...

I dare not say more.

Definitely Stanley Parable:

Fun fact the director of the TV show Severance took a lot of inspiration from the setting of the game, 'stuck in an office where you don't truly know what's happening' type of vibe.

Definitely Stanley Parable:

Fun fact the director of the TV show Severance took a lot of inspiration from the setting of the game, 'stuck in an office where you don't truly know what's happening' type of vibe.

have not watched severance. Is it any good?

maxresdefault.jpg

This kind of stuff was totally revolutionary at the time.
Imagine renting it at the time and not having the game case to get Meryl's codec frequency.

Imagine renting it at the time and not having the game case to get Meryl's codec frequency.
hahaha yeaaaaa

I had bought the game,so that didnt happen to me but it did make me think about that !

hahaha yeaaaaa

I had bought the game,so that didnt happen to me but it did make me think about that !
Yeah and I knew plenty of people at the time who still didn't have internet at home. Although we'd just use it at school the next day but still.

Reactions: HHJ
Back