Gameness Gi: Platinum vs Gold Weave - How to tell difference?

UltimaMMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I checked out the GrapplerGear.com site and looked at pictures of their supposed new "platinum" weave gis. I looked at other sites that carried the Gameness "gold" weave gis, and they seem to use the same pics. As far as I can tell, the red gi's are definitely platinum weaves, since they are new. So my first question is: How do you tell a white/blue gold weave gi from a white/blue platinum weave gi, since it seems they have the same patches/design? For all I know, I could pay for the platinum weave and get the gold weave instead. Is it possible to get close up pics of both weaves or a definitive way of determining which weave is what?

Second, besides the stiffer collar and different weave pattern, what other differences are there between the two weaves?

The Plat weave is what Gameness calls it's weave. All the Gameness gis are now called Pat weave because it is really diff from everyone elses gold weave.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF is correct. No one else has our weave. We have worked very hard to perfect our gis. We have changed the cut from the ones you see in the picture. There are other things we do to our gis in preserving, the colors, ect. Our gis are not pre shrunk once but are pre shrunk twice and their is no cotton skirt. There are a few other things that we do to the material to make it the best but I'm not telling.

ssf in your site you have only gold wave you dont have platinium wave gi's? or maybe it's the same?

chriser00 said:
ssf in your site you have only gold wave you dont have platinium wave gi's? or maybe it's the same?

I need to change that, thanks for the heads up.

www.SSFgear.com

Back