GAME OF THRONES v13: The Pillar and The Stones Edition (NO SPOILERS, NO Book Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't remember Stannis had his own brother killed over that 'meaningless throne'.

And where exactly do you see him finding this 'army'? Unsullied? No. Brotherhood without Banners? No. Starks? No. Boltons? No. Braavosis? Doubt it. His options seem quite limited and it would be awfully difficult to form an army of sell swords.

And regardless, Stannis would be a shit king anyway and even his own fucking brother knew it. He's a fantastic soldier and a solid tactician but he doesn't have the political prowess or charisma to command a kingdom.

Stannis won't ever place his rigid ass on that throne and I think even he's getting to the point where he knows that's the truth.

Killing his brother was simply a matter of honor and respect. He was the eldest and he carried the true claim. Renly owed it to him to fall in line like Stannis fell in line for Robert. Renly frankly got what he deserved. Stannis would have been more than fair to him if he had just bent the knee like he should have.

Davos already mentioned the Golden Company as the army they should hire. Stannis turned it down but he might change his mind. Stannis will have to bend his rigid ways if he wants to take the crown. If he knows a great battle is coming up north, he knows he will need a big army to fight it. Davos had a good point about willing to use black magic but not hire sellswords??

Stannis would make a great king. Nobody would dare F with him in charge. He would have Davos as his hand and that man is legit as they come.

You know Stannis is legit by the threat Tywin sees him as, both militarily and as a leader. Him being the Iron Throne would spell disaster for all the wannbe rulers. Except Dany, she is the wildcard to me.

I don't think there is a perfect leader. Dany, Ned, Robert, Stannis, Robb. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

Honestly Stannis being King wouldn't be terrible but would probably lead to friction as he places justice over political awareness.

If Robert hadn't spent so much, with his allies and solid Council he could have been a great King. To be honest Tommen and Tywin could br a match made in heaven when it comes to a stable war free kingdom.

So I guess the Iron Bank is content with just lending money to other kings, so as long as it's paid back. No desire to rule the people I guess.

If you don't remember Stannis had his own brother killed over that 'meaningless throne'.

And where exactly do you see him finding this 'army'? Unsullied? No. Brotherhood without Banners? No. Starks? No. Boltons? No. Braavosis? Doubt it. His options seem quite limited and it would be awfully difficult to form an army of sell swords.

And regardless, Stannis would be a shit king anyway and even his own fucking brother knew it. He's a fantastic soldier and a solid tactician but he doesn't have the political prowess or charisma to command a kingdom.

Stannis won't ever place his rigid ass on that throne and I think even he's getting to the point where he knows that's the truth.

it depends on what you think is a good king. I don't think "political prowess" and charisma make a good king. Robert had charisma and wasn't a good king. none of those backstabbing scavengers(Baelish, Frey, Bolton, etc) would be good kings for the common people.

Stannis is a man of honor, he follows the laws and tries to do the right thing. he would be a severe but fair ruler. and his hand would be a good man who is loyal, efficient and smart.

Killing his brother was simply a matter of honor and respect. He was the eldest and he carried the true claim. Renly owed it to him to fall in line like Stannis fell in line for Robert. Renly frankly got what he deserved. Stannis would have been more than fair to him if he had just bent the knee like he should have.

Davos already mentioned the Golden Company as the army they should hire. Stannis turned it down but he might change his mind. Stannis will have to bend his rigid ways if he wants to take the crown. If he knows a great battle is coming up north, he knows he will need a big army to fight it. Davos had a good point about willing to use black magic but not hire sellswords??

Stannis would make a great king. Nobody would dare F with him in charge. He would have Davos as his hand and that man is legit as they come.

You know Stannis is legit by the threat Tywin sees him as, both militarily and as a leader. Him being the Iron Throne would spell disaster for all the wannbe rulers. Except Dany, she is the wildcard to me.

Honor and respect over??? Oh over who was the rightful heir. I personally side with Renly on this one, as I think he would have made a fine king. He's likable, friendly, intelligent, and he had a much more impressive force than Stannis to command. There is absolutely no honor in killing your own blood over the right to a throne. So to say it had absolutely nothing to do with the throne is inherently incorrect.

And that's Stannis' problem. He's somewhat arrogant, stubborn, abrasive, and he often times makes brash decisions that end poorly. And Stannis would make a terrible king. Often times you want your king to appeal to your kingdom, because your citizens are far more likely to go along with you if you're charming, charismatic, kind, and and as shallow as it sounds, handsome. Stannis is none of those. He's cold, cunning, deceitful, unforgiving, and very fearsome. The kingdom would fear him and that makes for a horrible quality of life for the people within his kingdom.

Stannis has a fantastic mind for war and things the like but he would make a terrible ruler.

A quote by Roose Bolton that fits perfectly in this topic of conversation imo.

"You are mistaken. It is not good to be feared. No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours"

What about favourite dead/missing character?

I like that one. Can include:

- Ned Stark
- Karl Drogo
- Joffrey Baratheon
- Robert Baratheon
- Robb Stark
- Syrio Forel
- Oberyn Martell
- Renly Baratheon
- Jeor Mormont
- Other

it depends on what you think is a good king. I don't think "political prowess" and charisma make a good king. Robert had charisma and wasn't a good king. none of those backstabbing scavengers(Baelish, Frey, Bolton, etc) would be good kings for the common people.

Stannis is a man of honor, he follows the laws and tries to do the right thing. he would be a severe but fair ruler. and his hand would be a good man who is loyal, efficient and smart.

I see no honor is Stannis' ways after killing Renly and buying into the Red Witch.

I don't necessarily agree that Renly was in the right but what he was doing was for the good of the kingdom imo.

Robert had charisma sure, but he never really wanted to be a king. His home was on the battlefield with his hammer, he was a reluctant king in every sense of the word. Renly wanted it, he knew it was his calling and made it a point to show he was deserving of the throne based on his name and his traits as an individual.

I'm out of ideas for a poll. I might go with that one anyway

Best boobs in the series.

Missandei

Dany

Ros

Melisandre

Etc.

For simplicities sake, named character's only. It would get out of hand with "Girl in Bronn's lap #1, Girl in Bronn's lap #4, etc.

I know the mountain is supposed to be a beast of a man but would it actually be possible to cave in someone's skull with bare hands?

Sucks they killed off prince oberyn. He was a likeable character. Pretty much all the good people die in westeros. The show is starting to piss me off.

Missing/Dead Character

- Karl IamLegend Tanner
- Ned Stark
- Karl Drogo
- Joffrey Baratheon
- Robert Baratheon
- Robb Stark
- Syrio Forel
- Oberyn Martell
- Renly Baratheon
- Jeor Fookin Mormont
- Other

No Benjen?

Last edited:

- Ned Stark
- Karl Drogo
- Joffrey Baratheon
- Robert Baratheon
- Robb Stark
- Syrio Forel
- Oberyn
- Renly
- Other

Cue Syrio fanboys claiming he's still alive.

Meryn+fucking+trant.gif

I know the mountain is supposed to be a beast of a man but would it actually be possible to cave in someone's skull with bare hands?

Sucks they killed off prince oberyn. He was a likeable character. Pretty much all the good people die in westeros. The show is starting to piss me off.

Did you see the video of the actor playing Gregor lift 900 lbs?

I could see it happening with enough adrenaline and rage.

Did you see the video of the actor playing Gregor lift 900 lbs?

I could see it happening with enough adrenaline and rage.

I dunno, I would have to see it for real to believe. The human skull can take a lot of punishment before it caves in upon itself.

I dunno, I would have to see it for real to believe. The human skull can take a lot of punishment before it caves in upon itself.

True, but if you're honestly questioning the credibility of that scene then you're kind of reaching imo.

Keep in mind this is a world where giants, necromancers (white walkers), magic, dragons, vagina spawned demons, and mythical weapons exist.

I saw this same question on Reddit this morning, and the answer is, yes, for a man the size of The Mountain, as he is described in the books. The actual actor they have playing him is right on the lower limit of having that ability.

I haven't read them but I believe the Mountain is even larger in the books. Still probably not all that possible but you know, we've got dragons and giants going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back