Game of Thrones S08E03 Discussion Thread:The Night that Winterfell (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Thread title for Episode 4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't really make it clear in the movies, but that was due to Mary having an enchanted weapon that could harm the ringwraiths.

nah the movie made it clear only a woman could beat the guy

Intentionally

yay women watch the movie

nah the movie made it clear only a woman could beat the guy

Intentionally

yay women watch the movie
That's from the book as well. There was a prophecy that no man could kill the witch king, so it ended up being the combined efforts of a woman and a hobbit.

Nazgûl: Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
Éowyn: But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Be gone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

Take it up with Tolkien if you have a problem with it lol. He actually gets criticized for his portrayal of women. This one moment is basically the only time any woman does anything of note in the entire book.

That's from the book as well. There was a prophecy that no man could kill the witch king, so it ended up being the combined efforts of a woman and a hobbit.

Nazgûl: Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
Éowyn: But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Be gone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

Take it up with Tolkien if you have a problem with it lol

That's not even my biggest Gripe bro

When I saw movie first time they set it up that Gandolf would fight him

Some guy: "But what about the White wizard?"

Witch King: "I'll take care of him!!!"

:eek::eek::eek:

I went knuckle deep with popcorn in my face in anticipation!

FUCK YES!!! WITCH KING V FUCKIN GANDOLF - HARD AS FUCK

later--

Woman: Te he he I win cause I'm a lady

Hey @Lethal

If you could open the live discussion in Time for this week episode, it would be Much appreciated ....

e9NkJJA.gif

That's not even my biggest Gripe bro

When I saw movie first time they set it up that Gandolf would fight him

Some guy: "But what about the White wizard?"

Witch King: "I'll take care of him!!!"

:eek::eek::eek:

I went knuckle deep with popcorn in my face in anticipation!

FUCK YES!!! WITCH KING V FUCKIN GANDOLF - HARD AS FUCK

later--

Woman: Te he he I win cause I'm a lady

haha I understand, and don't disagree. The same fake out happens in the book. Gandalf is about to go fight the witch king, is worried he might not be powerful enough to kill him, but gets pulled away by Pippin at the last moment to save Faramir from getting burned alive by his crazy ass father. The result is that King Theoden gets killed by the witch king.

I think it would still have fit the prophecy if Gandalf killed him since he's a wizard not a man, but I guess Tolkien wanted to subvert our expectations.

Off-topic but this video with Nikolas and Gwendolyn is so weird and funny

I sincerely don't even know what you're talking about anymore and you sound like a crazy person

Make whatever your point is in a coherent and brief manner and I'll play otherwise I'll lay back on the ice cubes
lol. You say something stupid and its me that sounds like the crazy person. Too funny.

Were people this mad when the red witch had a demon baby and killed a king like nothing? Cause it was even easier than what Arya can do.
No. Its a story of fantasy with magic and dragons, and gods resurrecting people and god like Walkers, and zombies.

The only thing that makes no sense and represents a true /show moment is that a girl could be trained as an Assassin and pull off a kill.

Now that is just beyond anyone ability to comprehend and should have /show.

LOFL

lol. You say something stupid and its me that sounds like the crazy person. Too funny.

No. Its a story of fantasy with magic and dragons, and gods resurrecting people and god like Walkers, and zombies.

The only thing that makes no sense and represents a true /show moment is that a girl could be trained as an Assassin and pull off a kill.

LOFL
Gotta be honest, I think you sound like a crazy person too

SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS
I like how this has become an excuse to make shit movies and tv-shows nowadays. Or they add some woke stuff as well and then blame the customers for being racist or sexist if they don't support their garbage.

Gotta be honest, I think you sound like a crazy person too
I'm shocked. Someone who agrees with 'the assassin girl cannot be adapted to and represents a /story' moment thinks that. Wow.

<Prem973>

I'm shocked. Someone who agrees with 'the assassin girl cannot be adapted to and represents a /story' moment thinks that. Wow.
You are in the minority of people who think you are crazy or not. 3 for, 1 against. My math tells me you are crazy
giphy.gif

So i'm guessing tonight is gonna be a winterfell aftermath/setup for KL 80 mins episode ?

And we need some Bronn !!!!

So i'm guessing tonight is gonna be a winterfell aftermath/setup for KL 80 mins episode ?

And we need some Bronn !!!!
Ep. 4 filler, ep. 5 battle at KL, ep. 6 filler. Thats what I am expecting at this point at least

So Emilia is not happy with how Dany's arc ended by the sarcasm and tone here.

So the leaks are right, and the show is absolute garbage now.

{<jordan}

anyone thinks the last episode killed the hype for the most part, and the preview curb stomped the hype, i mean im still gonna watch to see what happens but im not like super psyched or nothing, im also kinda blasted on whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back