Game of Thrones S07E06 Discussion Thread: Episode Spoilers ONLY

I wonder if D&D will ever respond to all the justified criticism the recent seasons have been getting. Will they admit they don't care anymore and are pumping out crap? Will they try to justify their shit?

Or are they just gonna ignore it?

us:

giphy.gif

them:

giphy.gif

Do you think they will have much of a career after this? Everyone can see that they can make a solid adaption when there's great source material and help from GRRM, but they suck when they can't lean on that.

They'll still have a chance. Being able to create a new show and say "from the creators of game of thrones" will be enough for someone to take a chance. I could also see them throwing GRRM under the bus during meetings and saying it was because of him.

The semantics are irrelevant. He's an untouchable for the show: they don't need to constantly kill him and bring him back. There's already a dude with that power/curse. Jon was literally killed and brought back to serve as clifhanger for a whole season.

We don't have the same attachment to him now that we know he's untouchable. All the drama surrounding his drowning, missing or freezing seems pointless...
not disagreeing, just saying theres a possible reason. I didnt like that part either.

The semantics are irrelevant. He's an untouchable for the show: they don't need to constantly kill him and bring him back. There's already a dude with that power/curse. Jon was literally killed and brought back to serve as clifhanger for a whole season.

We don't have the same attachment to him now that we know he's untouchable. All the drama surrounding his drowning, missing or freezing seems pointless...

While I agree this can be applied to almost any TV show really. like 99.9% of TV shows have characters that you just know wont die. Do you not enjoy any tv show at all except for GOT?

Lol, fuck them if they do that. If they really feel they did a good job, they could explain it.

Doing this is an admission of incompetence.

George R.R. Martin does seem to ask them questions like this and their answers to him were just like that lol

They'll still have a chance. Being able to create a new show and say "from the creators of game of thrones" will be enough for someone to take a chance. I could also see them throwing GRRM under the bus during meetings and saying it was because of him.
If they throw GRRM under the bus that would be the ultimate cowardly dick move. Unless this is actually taken from the pages he finished for the next book. But I highly doubt GRRM would write such crap.

He may be slow, but at least his story makes sense.

If they throw GRRM under the bus that would be the ultimate cowardly dick move. Unless this is actually taken from the pages he finished for the next book. But I highly doubt GRRM would write such crap.

He may be slow, but at least his story makes sense.

Apparently GRRM has given them a basic outline of what's going to happen from what I read online not sure how true that is. It would be a huge dick move but they could be looking at so much money after this show I honestly wouldn't blame them.

George R.R. Martin does seem to ask them questions like this and their answers to him were just like that lol

lol I bet they were. I've heard plenty of stories from people in the TV industry and it seems to be filled with non creative people telling creative people what they are doing wrong.

Damn, that's just fucked up.

Shows they don't care about making a good series. Just want to cash in I guess.

They just got sick of it I think. They stopped trying. Imo S4 was close to perfect and they ran out of steam after the dark season in S5

Apparently GRRM has given them a basic outline of what's going to happen from what I read online not sure how true that is. It would be a huge dick move but they could be looking at so much money after this show I honestly wouldn't blame them.
Yeah, but the basic outline isn't to blame for the shitty dialogue and inconsistenties.

I would blame them tbh. They already made a shitload of money. And all because of GRRM's books and because he gave them the opportunity to adapt his work. They'd deserve to get Reek'd if they blamed GRRM for this, after he made them what they are basically.

They just got sick of it I think. They stopped trying. Imo S4 was close to perfect and they ran out of steam after the dark season in S5
But why don't they give more responsibility to other people? I'm sure there's plenty of capable people who would LOVE to get a crack at GOT. If their heart is not in it anymore, better to pass the torch than to fuck it up for selfish reasons.

Go back to Walking Dead you goofball hipsters. Somehow the show has become predictable after they surpass the books. Maybe its predictable because you read the leaked script like a jackass. Every show has holes but you idiots are in here parading around like youre some renowned critic. This happens with every show, people say "meh not as good as the first season" because I guess it makes you feel good about yourself. As for the predictable thing, raise your hand if you predicted anything other than Dany and Jon teaming up (without having read the leaked script synopsis).

The show is dialing in on wrapping up, many characters are dead and locations wont be visited anymore, get over it. The people complaining about dialogue are probably v neck cunts that sit in starbucks on their mac bitching forum to forum. You probably complained about too much talking and now that there is action you have to flip the script to not be mainstream. Fuck outta here. Jon is becoming the prince that was promised, hes going to bang his hot Aunt, the Hound is going to besmirch his brother, Jaime is going to choke the fuck out of Cersei and im going to enjoy every second of it.

The show always cut corners in order to make it fit, nobody is bitching about that.

Dialing up is one thing, creating cliche points is another.

Couldn't they have just taken someone who was condemned to death beyond the wall, killed him, tied him up, and waited for him to turn into a walker?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Everyone needs to acknowledge this. The show jumped the shark. The entire mission was ridiculous and pointless in the first place. It's just bad writing at this point.

While I agree this can be applied to almost any TV show really. like 99.9% of TV shows have characters that you just know wont die. Do you not enjoy any tv show at all except for GOT?
The point is simple: if a character is immortal, you don't need to "pretend kill" him every week. It grows old. I don't watch other shows frankly, I have dropped everything. I used to follow Walking Dead, but the constant "killing / bringing back" characters with fake drama drove me off.

I don't want that to become the norm here too. GoT was always about killing important characters, not bringing them back. What's next, the King will raise Drogo to ride the undead dragon against his living wife? WTF!

Couldn't they have just taken someone who was condemned to death beyond the wall, killed him, tied him up, and waited for him to turn into a walker?

I don't remember early on how people turned is this how it was done? I thought the night king had to bring you back? I assumed they burned the bodies so that if the night king came by he couldn't resurrect that person.

Back