• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GAME OF THRONES Prequel Starring Naomi Watts Cancelled at HBO

I'm saying that i would rather see more Game of Thrones stories be told, because I know they have deep source material and the universe has been proven to translate to tv - which hasn't been true for this genre overall.

I'm saying I would trust an established source material over some "talented writers" who are paid to make a Game of thrones esque movie/universe "but with a giant robot spider" as the final boss.

All right, I see what you're saying and can understand where you're coming from. And I can get why you would want a greater exploration into GRRM's very rich world. I'm not really opposed to it myself.

The reason I said "talented writers" though is because I wanted to bring to mind someone who really knew what they were doing and who understands the fantasy genre. So, not just some hack.

I've always thought it would be a lot of fun to build a similarly rich world to what we've seen from Tolkien, GRRM, Jordan, Sanderson, etc, but to do it specifically for the screen instead of starting out as a book series.

I kinda don't want Robert's rebellion. Too close to the events in the series. And I like that we have a good recollection of what happened with some details being a bit of a mystery.

Also, I'd hate to have Rhaegar's mystique ruined by a shitty actor or poor writing.

As long as the t & a is high quality they can make as many spin offs as they want...amirite @Anung Un Rama ...

cp6XSkQcz8OnS.gif

Martin is such a great world builder and came up with such deep and expansive lore, that I don't even feel like these would be cheap cash ins

It's not like when they made the hobbit into 3 movies. There is plenty of material to use and story to be told

And of course Martin will bring involved in writing the scripts. Since he has nothing else on his plate.

I think out of the 4 Planned Spinoffs, Roberts Rebellion is for sure the safest bet, with Dunk & Egg being a close 2nd

It be the same thing as this current storyline. In fact this current story started the same exact way. A Stark was stupid and got killed. And then Joffrey, and Tomen die, just like Mad King. This current story has more archs than Rob Rebellion.

Martin is such a great world builder and came up with such deep and expansive lore, that I don't even feel like these would be cheap cash ins

It's not like when they made the hobbit into 3 movies. There is plenty of material to use and story to be told
There is more than one book in Tolkien's biography...I agree that the Hobbit movies were ridiculous...

It be the same thing as this current storyline. In fact this current story started the same exact way. A Stark was stupid and got killed. And then Joffrey, and Tomen die, just like Mad King. This current story has more archs than Rob Rebellion.

The thing they would have to do is make Rhaegar a sympathetic character. They could probably do just one season for Robert's Rebellion. Or two and include the Greyjoy rebellion.

I'd really like to see the Blackfyre rebellion. They'd have to make Daemon the "hero" for that one.

And of course Martin will bring involved in writing the scripts. Since he has nothing else on his plate.

He always has a lot on his plate. Literally as in actually and it probably isn't broccoli.

Back