"Game like" stats?

Zaar

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What about UFC making a public testing, or more of them, for all the fighters?
Or test them individually in private?

Like punch power, kick power, speed (30m or something), explosivness, vertical jump, long jump (from the spot) or whatever tests/results would be most interesting and most relevant to the UFC
(I'm no expert, so don't kill me xD)

So we'd basically get these "game-like" stats of each fighter, which they would test each X years or something.

Nice idea?
Bad idea?
Horrible idea?
Has been thought/talked of but too many obstacles?
Too idealistic/ambitious to do, without real gains for UFC?

Yes, I haven't thought this out too much, so maybe there's something obvious which would basically close this thread, but I'm hoping for some input and/or ideas :)

They kind of have that already on the website. They have like a circular diagram thing that shows their grappling rating, striking, defense, etc.

A combine for MMA fighters would be pretty cool.

I enjoy the NFL combine and fantasy players are all over it.

Hard to measure durability, though, which is super important.

Reaction time would be important to measure as well.

Good idea, but big factors of being a successful mixed martial artist can't be measured until you actually have some real fight data.

I think Dream used to put up a scale of stats kinda like a video game. I remember seeing it in the Moose/Jacare first fight. Not a measure like an NFL-combine you're talking about but it has been done. Lemme see if I can find it. EDIT; got it.

ebCTKTX.png

tgtkkdu.png

Ah, nice, something like that, yeah. Perhaps 1-10, not 1-5, but yeah..something like that.

Back