• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Galaxy s10

I'm bored with new phones at this point. I really don't care.

Got my s9 in a life proof case, should last me another couple years easy.

Still rocking S8+ with no reason to upgrade. Phone has been solid.

The ONLY reason I would get another phone is so that I could fully root with no down side. Right now, Samsung has their phones -20% battery on you if you root, though some say it's still fine and worth it. Was gonna buy a Pixel 2 XL as a sideways upgrade just to have a phone to root that still had decent specs and a nice Camera, but I can't see getting rid of my S8+, and this is coming from someone who was addicted to NEEDING the new iPhone every launch up to the 6+.

Huh? The battery charging is limited if you root? How would the phone know since you rooted it?

I upgraded to the 8+ a couple months ago and it's soo much better than my old Samsung core.

Huh? The battery charging is limited if you root? How would the phone know since you rooted it?

The major forums for all the people who root Android's cannot figure it out. If you root an S8, your max battery life is 80%. You charge your phone, it goes up to 80%, and says it's full. Drops down from 80% to 79% and so on.

It's like Samsung built something into their phones either via a software or hardware trigger that does this, and you cannot return to %100 afterwards. Very strange, and happened to be on the first Android phone I jumped ship from Apple for, which kinda pissed me off a little.

So my Samasung S7 has all of a sudden really slowed down, the battery life is abysmal, and the camera suddenly takes the most blurry pics possible. Its like the phone has gone into near melt down all at once when I was praising how well it held up just recently.

So anyway I am looking at trading it in. I got talked into the new Samsung S10 Plus but the store has to ship it in, so I have a few days to reconsider. I read the two below articles and now am having some doubts despite the fact I am not sure if UFS 3.0 will really matter to a user of my profile.

Looking for some help and guidance here (@Madmick , anyone?)

I've had numerous Samsung phones prior so I do have a bias for them but I am not a zealot. I could and would buy something else. Price is not a driving factor for me. Form and function are. I am not a power user but I travel a lot and use it for email, attachments (excel, word, PDF) and for surfing, videos, other and of course Sherdog. Its got to a be a good phone for Sherdog. Oh and I love the improving 'docking' using Dex.

any help appreciated? thx in advance!

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus review
Ignore the high price. Samsung’s Galaxy S10 Plus is the do-it-all phone you want

Forget Samsung's Galaxy S10, This Is The Smartphone To Buy

128392-v7-samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-mobile-phone-large-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

So my Samasung S7 has all of a sudden really slowed down, the battery life is abysmal, and the camera suddenly takes the most blurry pics possible. Its like the phone has gone into near melt down all at once when I was praising how well it held up just recently.

So anyway I am looking at trading it in. I got talked into the new Samsung S10 Plus but the store has to ship it in, so I have a few days to reconsider. I read the two below articles and now am having some doubts despite the fact I am not sure if UFS 3.0 will really matter to a user of my profile.

Looking for some help and guidance here (@Madmick , anyone?)

I've had numerous Samsung phones prior so I do have a bias for them but I am not a zealot. I could and would buy something else. Price is not a driving factor for me. Form and function are. I am not a power user but I travel a lot and use it for email, attachments (excel, word, PDF) and for surfing, videos, other and of course Sherdog. Its got to a be a good phone for Sherdog. Oh and I love the improving 'docking' using Dex.

any help appreciated? thx in advance!

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus review
Ignore the high price. Samsung’s Galaxy S10 Plus is the do-it-all phone you want

Forget Samsung's Galaxy S10, This Is The Smartphone To Buy

128392-v7-samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-mobile-phone-large-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I've owned almost every major Android phone and use iPhones for work.
Both have their benefits, but my phone of choice is the Galaxy Note 9.
S10 is a great phone, but too expensive for what it is IMO. Very minor upgrades from the Note 9 make the price unjustifiable.
If you can snag the Note 9, I would highly recommend it as it's discounted from its original price.
I'll probably wait for the Note 10 since it's always the superior device + S pen.
I can run Ubuntu on my phone and pair with a BT mouse and keyboard, I have a mobile work station where ever I go.
Other good Android options are the Oneplus 6T for the value.

Last edited:
I've owned almost every major Android phone and use iPhones for work.
Both have their benefits, but my phone of choice is the Galaxy Note 9.
S10 is a great phone, but too expensive for what it is IMO. Very minor upgrades from the Note 9 make the price unjustifiable. If price is
If you can snag the Note 9, I would highly recommend it as it's discounted from its original price.
I'll probably wait for the Note 10 since it's always the superior device + S pen.
I can run Ubuntu on my phone and pair with a BT mouse and keyboard, I have a mobile work station where ever I go.
Other good Android options are the Oneplus 6T for the value.
thx for input.

What do you find you use the stylus for? I do not see any real practical applications for it that I would need, so I am curious.

thx for input.

What do you find you use the stylus for? I do not see any real practical applications for it that I would need, so I am curious.

I use it all the time for quick note taking, drawing, and editing photos. Overall navigation with the pen is awesome too.
The main reason why I always go with the Note series is because of the amazing S pen.
With the Note 9, I can use my pen as a remote control to take photos, power point presentations, switch photos in gallery, and change songs while I'm driving.
The biggest use is for quickly jotting down notes. In order for most people to take notes on their phone, they have to unlock the phone, find the note taking app, launch it, then start typing away. If you're in a rush and need to take down notes fast, you've already lost a few seconds. For me, I just pull out my phone, pull out the pen and write on the screen. Literally doesn't even take me a second to start writing down notes.
I can even pin that note to stay on my phone screen at all times for important reminders.
static-memo-hero.jpg

There's also Samsung Dex, which turns your phone into a fully functional operating system.
If you want a FULL OS, I run Ubuntu on my phone, pair with BT keyboard and mouse, and HDMI into a big ass TV.
I typically run Ubuntu and Dex at the same time, so I have linux and android apps working TOGETHER.

Last edited:
Currently rocking a S8 and i'm eyeing the S10+ but will wait a bit to see what Huawei will do with the P30 pro and what OnePlus will do with the Plus 7 before making a decision

That price though....fuck it's expensive. That's like 600$ more than what i paid for my S8 at launch

My S7 has been acting up the same. I expect the battery life to be shit eventually but I swear these last two updates have made my phone slower. Now it's having WiFi connectivity issues. I think I'm gonna get the S10 soon.

Back