• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gal Gadot reprimanded by the disabled over kind words for Stephen Hawking

Thing is, I have a hard time believing that any of these people wouldn't choose to rid themselves of their disabilities if the possibility was presented to them.
Probably, I think its more of an issue of people seeing them as unequal

Abelist Gadot needs some powerful up-the-butt treatment. Only then will she see the error of her ways(she did nothing wrong) but a cock in the anus is the only way she can redeem herself, and therefore she is required to straddle my face until further notice.

I wonder how much money he left the guy that had to wipe his ass all those years

As someone who has worked a lot in disabled rights, I take serious issue with some fringe groups, like those that oppose cochlear implants for children on the idea that it is cultural genocide against deaf culture. I appreciate that people want to take pride in their identity, but people make cultural decisions for their children all the time—it's part of being a parent. So is providing your children with the best opportunity to succeed in life, and cochlear implants help them do that. It's great that many people with disabilities are able to carve out an identity and culture that they're proud of, but they don't get to dictate that others remain part of it.

That said, I don't see this as an example of that. I don't see people asking that her career be finished, or that she raked over the coals. They're expressing how hearing that somebody is better off dead because he no longer has the disability they have makes them feel. Being accosted with the attitude that you'd be better off dead, day after day, is not something you get used to, and it's not something you should have to. Educating people about how that makes you feel is perfectly fine, in my opinion.

All of the disabled people should be thrown into a giant meat grinder and turned into hamburger patties.

As someone who has worked a lot in disabled rights, I take serious issue with some fringe groups, like those that oppose cochlear implants for children on the idea that it is cultural genocide against deaf culture. I appreciate that people want to take pride in their identity, but people make cultural decisions for their children all the time—it's part of being a parent. So is providing your children with the best opportunity to succeed in life, and cochlear implants help them do that. It's great that many people with disabilities are able to carve out an identity and culture that they're proud of, but they don't get to dictate that others remain part of it.

That said, I don't see this as an example of that. I don't see people asking that her career be finished, or that she raked over the coals. They're expressing how hearing that somebody is better off dead because he no longer has the disability they have makes them feel. Being accosted with the attitude that you'd be better off dead, day after day, is not something you get used to, and it's not something you should have to. Educating people about how that makes you feel is perfectly fine, in my opinion.

The thing is, she's not stating that he'd be better off dead. When someone passes, people frequently express the sentiment that they are free of whatever burdened or limited them or caused them pain in life. At least this guy who was wrongfully convicted isn't in prison anymore. At least this woman with bone cancer isn't suffering anymore.

I understand that everyone needs to find a way to get through life with whatever mountains and burdens and challenges lay ahead of them. But there's a difference between "you are free of constraint X" and "you're better off dead." If someone believes in heaven, then they probably believe Dr. Hawking isn't traversing it in a wheelchair.

Deaf culture? One of the dumbest things I've heard in my life. lol

Her tweet was no different from when people say, "They're in a better place now" after someone dies. Anyone offended by the tweet needs to get over themselves.

Well, just about every theological rendering of heaven/resurrection believes in a restored body, sooooooo

I imagine it should depend on what death means to the speaker. It sounds like Gal here might be coming from a spiritual perspective, where she thinks that one day we'll ALL be free of the shackles of the physical body. It's just that Hawking got there before the rest of us.

Why the heck is Gal Gadot tweeting condolences to Stephen Hawking anyway? I don't exactly see the connection.

Seems like a lot of people on Twitter just look for things to get offended about.

They need The Nexus inside of them just like you Mr Lethal...

Back