Gaethje:'No one under 185 can beat Khabib.

Wrong. Usman, Colby is ducking khabib. Why then are they not cutting to 155 to face one of the most regarded as the best mma fighter of all time?

Weight cutting is bad for your health and harms longevity of your career :D If you are smart you cut least amount possible if you can stay competitive.

That’s your opinion, nothing more. You don’t know shit about what’s going on in their minds. Neither do I for that matter, but my opinion is that when we’re talking professional MMA fighters, and on top of that the very best on the planet, terms like “ducking” or “scared” are ridiculous and overused. They’re nothing but expressions based on your own opinion about a particular fighter.
An opinion would be "guessing" about why they picked a certain opponent if they offered no explanantion. The facts are that they put their bodies through a grueling and dangerous process to "fit" into smaller categories and that makes the "WHY" a fact. "Why do they do this?"...to avoid bigger and potentially better competition. Khabib doesn't fall shaking to the ground the day before fights because it is good for his health...he doesn't almost get hospitalized BEFORE he even fights because he is looking to prove he is the best fighter...he does it because Usman, Covington, Thompson, Romero, GSP, Bisping, Santos, jones, Blachowicz, Adesanya and a host of other, bigger and tougher opponents would be awaiting him. How do you think he would do against these guys? Apparently, he doesn't think he would do so well because he nearly kills himself before every fight to avoid them.

Wow, great find and the fact that they portray this as some act of heroism tells you how marketing takes advantage of the stupidity of the public, much like politics. If this doesn't prove how much of a chickenshit that he is, I don't know what will.

All fighters cut like this.
This cut was harder because he couldn't run because of a foot injury. he had to cut weight with an injury.

An opinion would be "guessing" about why they picked a certain opponent if they offered no explanantion. The facts are that they put their bodies through a grueling and dangerous process to "fit" into smaller categories and that makes the "WHY" a fact. "Why do they do this?"...to avoid bigger and potentially better competition. Khabib doesn't fall shaking to the ground the day before fights because it is good for his health...he doesn't almost get hospitalized BEFORE he even fights because he is looking to prove he is the best fighter...he does it because Usman, Covington, Thompson, Romero, GSP, Bisping, Santos, jones, Blachowicz, Adesanya and a host of other, bigger and tougher opponents would be awaiting him. How do you think he would do against these guys? Apparently, he doesn't think he would do so well because he nearly kills himself before every fight to avoid them.
They all do this so it’s an even playing field across all weight classes below HW. I just don’t see the logic in your point because of this.

Another thing is that Khabib is not even a big LW, he’s pretty average compared to the rest. He could fight at WW and be closer to his natural weight, sure, but if Usman, for example, did the same, he should probably be fighting at MW. Khabib is generally the same size as his opponent across the cage at LW. But he is a scared chicken because he doesn’t move up, and that goes for all other fighter who aren’t doing the same? Doesn’t make sense to me. If they didn’t cut weight, all fighters would move up one or two weight classes, and they’d be facing the same opposition anyway.

As long as khabib doesn't fight, yes, Gay-G is right. Not even 265 guys can beat khabib.

They all do this so it’s an even playing field across all weight classes below HW. I just don’t see the logic in your point because of this.

Another thing is that Khabib is not even a big LW, he’s pretty average compared to the rest. He could fight at WW and be closer to his natural weight, sure, but if Usman, for example, did the same, he should probably be fighting at MW. Khabib is generally the same size as his opponent across the cage at LW. But he is a scared chicken because he doesn’t move up, and that goes for all other fighter who aren’t doing the same? Doesn’t make sense to me. If they didn’t cut weight, all fighters would move up one or two weight classes, and they’d be facing the same opposition anyway.
If they didn’t cut weight, all fighters would move up one or two weight classes, and they’d be facing the same opposition anyway

Finally starting to understand, are we? Quit cutting, quit ducking and just fight guys your size.

I would not write off the entire welterweight division, yeeesh.

If that was true, why would Khabib not move up to 170 and claim the welterweight title for his 30-0? That would be the ultimate 30th win, to add the welterweight title and become a two division Champ.

Obviously Khabib has doubts himselves. Which is fine. He is already a legend as is.

Let's all believe the BUTTHURT Conor and terrified GSP fans over Justin who lost to Khabib and trains DAILY with Usman LOOOOOL.

Let's all believe the BUTTHURT Conor and terrified GSP fans over Justin who lost to Khabib and trains DAILY with Usman LOOOOOL.
Do you not think there is a bit of bias there. Justin makes himself look better if he can convince the world he only lost to a guy who would dominate all weight classes and it excuses his abysmal performance against Khabib.

I think Khabib would beat most WW's but Usman is the one guy that would be a very difficult matchup, Usman is a top class wrestler and very very very physically strong, that would be a very interesting matchup

Maybe he's exaggerating but I've seen the footage of Usman and Gaethje wrestling, it looked more competitive than Gaethje and Khabib.

Usman, Wonderboy, Colby, Burns... There are quite some people that would be a lot of trouble for Khabib at WW imo.

Colby is a grappler that’s about the same size as Khabib with no power in his hands. It would be easy work.

Usman poses some challenges due to his size, but Khabib would be a heavy, heavy favourite in what would likely be a grappling match

Wonderboy & burns would be a interesting fights, but you’d still back Khabib

Colby is a grappler that’s about the same size as Khabib with no power in his hands. It would be easy work.

Usman poses some challenges due to his size, but Khabib would be a heavy, heavy favourite in what would likely be a grappling match

Wonderboy & burns would be a interesting fights, but you’d still back Khabib
Colby is not easy work for anyone at 170. I'd favour Khabib in that matchup too, but I think it'd be much more competetive than any fight he's had thus far.

Colby is not easy work for anyone at 170. I'd favour Khabib in that matchup too, but I think it'd be much more competetive than any fight he's had thus far.

Fair enough

All fighters cut like this.
This cut was harder because he couldn't run because of a foot injury. he had to cut weight with an injury.

You can cycle with a foot injury.
But that cut looed really unhealthy and dangerous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back