FW champ Alex Volkanovski and Korean Zombie going back and forth....

Why does everyone forget Zombie got FLATLINED by Yair yet still call for Zombie title shot

Probably because:

1. No one but Holloway fans want to see an immediate rematch. Holloway was clearly beaten, it wasn't close. And as a FW champion Holloway only had 3 title defenses, so it's not like he necessarily deserves an instant rematch.

2. Korean Zombie was flat-lined, okay...well people get knocked out it happens. It also happened within literal seconds of the fight ending where he would have probably won the decision or definitely won the decision from what I recall.

3. There's no one else worthy of a title shot. KZ flat-lined Moicano and Edgar, two top 5ish guys back to back. Who else deserves the title shot if not him? Yair got destroyed by Edgar and has only beaten KZ and Stephens since.

To me it's also giving a guy a title shot who's older at nearly 33 years old over a guy who's 27 and will get his chance. Neither really have an awesome case by any means, but I think Chan Sung Jung clearly has fought better guys. Since coming back from that 4 year hiatus in the military or whatever...he's beat Bermudez, easily could have beat Yair but got KO'd like an idiot with 2-3 seconds left, KO'd Moicano, and KO'd Edgar.

Moicano was ranked 5th and I assume Edgar was ranked 2-4 or so...at the time. Who has Yair beaten besides Zombie? BJ Penn? Dan Hooker when he was green, Alex Caceres via split decision, Charles rosa split decision, Jeremy Stephens recently. And Holloway doesn't deserve an immediate rematch imo, so who else? I guess yeah in terms of pure merit Holloway deserves it on paper...but no as an immediate rematch.

It was in the final second and he would've won the decision. I'd back Zombie in the rematch.

yair-rodriguez-vs-korean-zombie-scorecard.jpg
Oh because he was going to win it erases the actual result, a one shot KO lol

Oh because he was going to win it erases the actual result, a one shot KO lol

I'm following the Stipe logic.

Get KO'd dead and cry about it until you get the title shot again, like the fight never happened.

Volk is 8-0 in UFC with 3 TKO wins, besides UFC he has 8 KO/TKO wins
KZ is 6-2 in UFC with 4 KO/TKO wins, besides UFC he has only 2 KO/TKO wins

KZ should find a better way for a trash talk

If I’m being honest, a two fight win streak over Moicano (who was coming off a KO loss to the corpse of Aldo) and the corpse of Edgar isn’t title shot worthy.
I know it was a loss, but he was literally 1 second away from a 4 fight streak. Yair is a solid fighter, who got destroyed by Edgar - who got destroyed by zombie.

Truthfully, Zombie Yair and Zabit all need 1 more win to earn a shot. They're all tied up.

Back