Fury would beat prime Mohammed Ali

Probably would. Ali's movement and slickness would present a tough challenge though, but the reach and size advantage especially... I think it would be competitive and Fury by decision.

Ali's footwork was revolutionary for a HW in his time, but now days it is nothing special. He was 6''3 and was a rangy fighter, who had a decent jab and straight right, his other punches are very slow and sloppy.

He would be fighting guys who are 6''7' and are much more explosive, sharp and hit way harder than he did.

Nothing special? Then name me someone who has comparable footwork.

They're close in skills but Fury is just so much bigger and longer.

Skills arent close. Fury is inhumanly skilled for his size thats what makes him so special and such a nightmare but just pure skills taking relative size out of the equation his skill level isnt on the same plane as Ali, Louis, Tunney, Holmes etc

ali looked great next to the big slow flat footed bar brawlers he fought.

compared to any modern HW his footwork is nothing special.

Answer the question. List specific fighters who are on Ali's level of foot work. Since you claim it was nothing special I expect at least 5. Now go.

If you threw punches like this in the gym nowadays people would laugh at you. get over yourselves with this nostalgia bullshit

Ali/Foreman/Frazier would lose very quickly to every single top ranked HW in 2021. It wouldnt even be a competitive fight.

Anybody that doesnt understand this, doesnt really understand boxing at a deep level.
A lot of fighters Foreman fought and beat retired this decade lol

Reactions: 613
Yeah, but could he beat Bruce Lee?

Don't know about easy. But furys cardio and ability to adapt would make it incredibly interesting.

Honestly…. Fury vs Ali circa 2004 would be incredible

tyson-fury-fail.gif

Back