Fury / Wilder overrated

I see both sides on this one. While it was a great fight, it lacked something on the technical side, which was actually part of the plan for Fury - to wear Wilder down with physical bullying. This is superior strategy, and it lead to a highly entertaining fight, in part because of Wilder's explosiveness. It is just that people are over-hyping it because boxing has been kind of dead for awhile, as far as I can tell, although I don't follow boxing like I used to anymore. My two cents, anyway.
This is more or less what i'm getting at. Only thing i would add is Tyson's bullying was necessary because his footwork and conditioning looked way off compared to previous fights. Overall, looking at all the fights, this isnt an all time trilogy, but it is the best we've had in a long time.

This is more or less what i'm getting at. Only thing i would add is Tyson's bullying was necessary because his footwork and conditioning looked way off compared to previous fights. Overall, looking at all the fights, this isnt an all time trilogy, but it is the best we've had in a long time.

I saw it as Tyson wanted to throw a different challenge at Wilder. He respects Wilder's power (he's on video saying it was next level power) and knows he has to have Wilder guessing and off balance or he's likely to land that killer right sooner rather than later.

So he used a 3rd strategy, this one to take the edge off Wilder during the early rounds & go back to Fight #2 strategy once he sees him tire.

Whether he used that strategy because his camp was bad & he came in too heavy, or whether he chose to come in heavy is I guess up for debate. But publicly before fight #2 he said he was going to walk right at Wilder, pound him and exchange, force him back with his own power. And he did. No one believed it until they saw it, but he did.

This fight he said he was going to come in 300lbs and squash Wilder, throw him around. And he did. Whether he anounced that plan in order to lure Wilder to bulk up as a counter and it worked like a charm? That's the legend of the gypsy boxers- sneaky cunts.

Was it the most technically pure fight? No. Wilder was in it, for one. And Fury fought two beautiful examples of technique in fight #1 & fight #2, in totally contrasting styles. So we already have technical mastery in the series. This was a great fight because they just went to war, there were some competitive rounds early, big knockdowns, comebacks, a tense period where one guy is getting on top but every now & then WIlder lands & we know that can be lights out or a 10-7 all of a sudden. We had Wilder showing the heart & courage he told us he would, battling until he went out on his shield. I thought it was pretty epic. Seen it 3 times now <45>

The use of the word « overrated » is pretty much overrated in the aftermath of high-profile showdowns.

I loved watching it, really exciting etc, but the talk of it being a legendary boxing trilogy is nonsense. Fight was a complete mess, the actual standard of the fight was below par from both of them for the majority of the rounds.

Despite all the hype, Deontay ran out of ideas after 4 rounds yet again and spent the rest of the fight taking a beating. Fury was tired, his footwork at 270 plus was bad and he would have been dropped at mid range. I appreciate the drama etc, but both of them looked bad after the first few rounds.
I agree, but people are so hungry for anything remotely resembling a war that they'll take it. I liked it, exciting fight. Still don't know why Fury fought that way, he should have made it just like a continuation of fight 2. Thus gave Wilder a shot to pull it off.

The use of the word « overrated » is pretty much overrated in the aftermath of high-profile showdowns.
it's nothing unusual, as is the talk of "is so and so the greatest thing since peanut butter and jelly?"

Back