Fury Outweighs Wilder By More Than 40 lbs. at Weigh-in. Why no 265 lb. Limit as there is in the UFC?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Is this 40+ extra lbs. going to be a huge advantage for Fury, as it would be in MMA?

Because we don't need an upper limit weight cap at heavyweight in boxing. That discriminates against the real giants that would like to compete and not have to worry about making weight.

First, the UFC limit is stupid IMO as long as they don't have a super HW division.

And that amount of weight is not going to do Fury any favors as he isn't wrestling Wilder. He could only lose mobility with the hope of increasing punching force.

Anybody over 200 lbs can knock a guy out.

I think the 265 limit is there to motivate fat fighters to show up in better shape.

Roy Nelson has never seen it that way

Roy hit the sweet spot of being a fat middleweight who could show up at the limit and still be massively fat.

When it comes to guys like Lewis and Hunt though, it prevents them from showing up at 300lbs or something.

Tim Sylvia's career went to crap after he no longer had to make 265.

i have to say, this is the first time ive seen anyone be pro 265 lb heavyweight limit. good god that is stupid.

He was 44 lbs heavier in the first fight and 42 lbs heavier for this fight. Wilder seems to have put on mostly muscle, which i don't think is the case for Fury. He could have easily cut 8 lbs of water weight and been 265 if he had to, so it wouldn't matter if there was a 265 limit, but an extra 22 lbs of what I'm assuming is mostly fat is not going to be plus for Fury at all here.

Fury is gonna win I can feel it

AND it’s not going to dec I can feel that too yeah

When the UFC established it's 265 lbs limit, Olympic wrestling had the exact same limit.

Olympic boxing has never had a weight ceiling. Therefore, pro boxing has not either.

Anybody over 200 lbs can knock a guy out.

I think the 265 limit is there to motivate fat fighters to show up in better shape.
There are fighters in shape who if they shaved their body hair and cut off an arm won't make that weight. Valuev walked into the ring at kilograms (328 lb). and that's a lot of body hair.

Julius Long was 300 pounds and in shape, the man was 6"8 and holds the longest reach in modern boxing. you could see his abs.

These 2 fighters would die before making the UFC HW limit.

When the UFC established it's 265 lbs limit, Olympic wrestling had the exact same limit.

Olympic boxing has never had a weight ceiling. Therefore, pro boxing has not either.
Oh, and right now WRESTLING CHANGED THAT.
So, the UFC should stop being retarded holding on to old outdated shit. the talent pool in UFC's hw is worse than boxing. much worse. there's a bunch of 40 year olds knocking out fat cruiserweights.

The 265 limit in the UFC is stupid. There are good fighters/athletes well over that size and the talent pool cant exactly afford to limit itself even further.

I’ll reserve judgement until the fight starts but struggle to see a way this helps Fury

Yeah not into the 265 limit.
Also the little dude here won so not always an advantage.
DismalNecessaryCygnet-size_restricted.gif

size & skill disadvantage against a legit HW is a real Thing.

Deontay looked jacked, and gained about 30 more pounds than the previous fight. I actually believe the extra weight will be a negative for Tyson and a positive for Deontay.

Deontay via KO or TKO.

Fury has ridiculous cardio so all this “extra weights gonna hinder Fury” I don’t buy

Wonder of TS saw this fight?

c58f1554fca0bae95598ecd40d96069f3370f276.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Back