Fury Outweighs Wilder By More Than 40 lbs. at Weigh-in. Why no 265 lb. Limit as there is in the UFC?

Fury has ridiculous cardio so all this “extra weights gonna hinder Fury” I don’t buy
You think weighing in 20 pounds over his last fight is an indicator he worked hard on his cardio?

Is this 40+ extra lbs. going to be a huge advantage for Fury, as it would be in MMA?
It's not as big an advantage when there's no grappling. Anyone over 200 lbs can hurt each other with punches; the real advantage of weight is when you are on top of a guy on the ground.

Ruiz was also a lot heavier than Anthony Joshua, i can see their builds are a lot different but still, Fury isnt jacked by any means, there isnt a single visible defined muscle on him.

No limit so you can come in super heavy use that weight to wear out the smaller guy and absorb any shots better.

Because we don't need an upper limit weight cap at heavyweight in boxing. That discriminates against the real giants that would like to compete and not have to worry about making weight.
Fury used that weight advantage to the max, grappling and making Wilder Cary him.

Not so sure about that one in hindsight.

I said at the end of my post "we'll see in 6 hours"

The thing is I was not sure about all the 3 year lay off and him not being in the best shape for the first fight. I think his father was telling the truth this time in that debate they had with David Haye. Fury really wasn't physically not even close to his best for the first time.

There are very few fighters above 200lbs who are actually good. Never mind above 265.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back